Having 2 characters together.

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

David

Having 2 characters together.

Postby David » Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:00 am

If I have two characters, who work together, but have two different fully developed personalities, is it a CR breach? One is not a mule of the other, in fact, I plan on them having a lot of public RP interaction together, possibly to the point of conflict (due to their differing world-views that they are discovering about each other)

I know in the Clarification on the announcement boards, it says you cannot have 3 or more characters working together, or a 'mule' character, but are two that are fully developed personalities working together qualify as a CR breach. If so, I will seperate them.
Thomas Pickert
Programmer Emeritus

Postby Thomas Pickert » Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:28 am

What you as a palyer always have to ask yourself:
'Why am I doing this with two of my own characters, rather than with one of mine, and one character of a different player?'

If you can answer that question without having to think about it too long, then you have a good chance not to be violating the Capital Rule.

And you're right, just because 3 characters are disallowed generally doesn't necessarily imply, that 2 characters are ok.

If you are still unsure about your two particular characters, please send a mail with details to players@cantr.net. We will then investigate your case thoroughly.
David

Postby David » Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:24 am

I can answer my motivations quickly, so I think I'm alright. There are IC reasons why I don't want to go into detail here. I just wanted to give you a heads up, so you know I'm not trying to pull one over on anyone :)

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”