CRB`s

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Should OOC collaboration necessarily be a CRB

Yes
68%
No
22%
Not sure
11%

Total votes: 37
Phalynx

Postby Phalynx » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:58 am

Agar wrote:
Playing always from the perspective of each individual character...

individual character

Not "playing from the perspective of a bunch college students in the D&D club IMing on AOL"

How hard is it to understand, your character only knows who and what your individual character knows?

It's not allowed to colabarate OOC, and we ARE NOT losing experienced players from it, the experienced ones know better.

You hypocrit Agar.....

Nick wrote:
Now now, Agar. Maybe that high blood pressure is getting to you. You need to calm down, and realise that I'm just an 18 year old who doesn't even live in the same country as you. Get a life. Or you'll lose the one you have. :roll:

I could whine and tell everybody about your and Sparkles little group you had going, or I could just post the link to your group, with maps and whatnot that you invited me to back when we cheated together, a long time ago.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CantrMapNInvent/

Presumably this is how you know about the CRB but it was too hard for YOU to understand.

This is sickening! The double standards here make Nixon look like an honest guy!
R.I.P:
Blake Stone, Jizz Bucket, Patterson Queasley, Billy Sherwood, Chavlet D'Arcy, Johnson.
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:27 am

It is not hypocritical if players actually change their ways. Thank you for bringing up the fact, again, that Agar once cheated. It has been very enlightening and productive towards fostering intelligent and rational conversation over the past couple of days. Your efforts are duly noted and I salute you. (with two fingers)

How about we focus on what has happened since then? Several players from the past with incredibly serious infractions have been given the second chance and are still with us adding something incredibly powerful to the game, most notably Brandon. Frankly the only time it gets drug up again on the public forums is when some mouthy little prick has some vendetta and wants to drag everything else down with him. For the most part we all learn to coexist reasonably well again and get back to playing the game in baeutiful disharmony.

It is the players that refuse to change their attitude and behavior (and notice I am at least trying to be mature enough to not name names, although we all no that I could join in the fun and start) that should be dealt with most harshly.

As has been pointed out, nearly all players slip up at one point or another, some maliciouscly, some just out of ignorance. It is how you conduct yourself and your characters AFTER THE INFRACTION that becomes truly important in defining your integrity towards the game. Anyone who can be a real man, fess up to the crime and do the time, then return and function as a productive member of society is welcome to do so. Otherwise, there are no guilty men in Shawshank.

CRBs are common, but account deletion is less so because most people can realize that
Agar wrote:If you don't like it, if you feel you HAVE to cheat to keep up, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE GAME. This isn't the usual stat trainer. This is a society simulator. We build cultures. There really isn't any "goal" to the game, we just enjoy the interaction and work on or personal goals, just like real life. There is be no gain to the In Game cultures and societies by people talking OOC, because it won't be in the game.

The only reason to cheat is to rob others of their fun of the game. It is perfectly possible to be evil, wreak all sorts of havoc, and in general get your rocks off being a jackass within the structure of the game. Nick was very very very good at doing that even when he wasn't cheating and the game is missing that element from time to time. But if you are going to hack and slash at least have the decency to hack and slash by the rules, please.
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
Mykey

Postby Mykey » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:32 am

wichita wrote:It is not hypocritical if players actually change their ways. Thank you for bringing up the fact, again, that Agar once cheated. It has been very enlightening and productive towards fostering intelligent and rational conversation over the past couple of days. Your efforts are duly noted and I salute you. (with two fingers)

How about we focus on what has happened since then? Several players from the past with incredibly serious infractions have been given the second chance and are still with us adding something incredibly powerful to the game, most notably Brandon. Frankly the only time it gets drug up again on the public forums is when some mouthy little prick has some vendetta and wants to drag everything else down with him. For the most part we all learn to coexist reasonably well again and get back to playing the game in baeutiful disharmony.

It is the players that refuse to change their attitude and behavior (and notice I am at least trying to be mature enough to not name names, although we all no that I could join in the fun and start) that should be dealt with most harshly.

As has been pointed out, nearly all players slip up at one point or another, some maliciouscly, some just out of ignorance. It is how you conduct yourself and your characters AFTER THE INFRACTION that becomes truly important in defining your integrity towards the game. Anyone who can be a real man, fess up to the crime and do the time, then return and function as a productive member of society is welcome to do so. Otherwise, there are no guilty men in Shawshank.

CRBs are common, but account deletion is less so because most people can realize that
Agar wrote:If you don't like it, if you feel you HAVE to cheat to keep up, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE GAME. This isn't the usual stat trainer. This is a society simulator. We build cultures. There really isn't any "goal" to the game, we just enjoy the interaction and work on or personal goals, just like real life. There is be no gain to the In Game cultures and societies by people talking OOC, because it won't be in the game.

The only reason to cheat is to rob others of their fun of the game. It is perfectly possible to be evil, wreak all sorts of havoc, and in general get your rocks off being a jackass within the structure of the game. Nick was very very very good at doing that even when he wasn't cheating and the game is missing that element from time to time. But if you are going to hack and slash at least have the decency to hack and slash by the rules, please.

This position makes perfect sense to me. I call into question the severity of the punishment, and the fact OOC CRB does not always equal hack/slash...... :roll:
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
Phalynx

Postby Phalynx » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:51 am

Stop being so foolish Wichita,

I have no problem with the reformed alcoholic, trying to help other alcoholics out of their dofficulties, with providing information and support, even using their own example to help people show where they went wrong.

What would be totally sickening is the reformed alcohol that annouces a national campaign to belittle, berate and insult those who are alcoholic and a vows to eliminate them all.

Some people here can be gracious about this, Agar is definately not one of them and his college group of DnDs sounds very similar to his Yahoo group.

On a point of issue I may be a 'mouthy little prick' but what particular vendetta do I have?

You see I am distressed about the immaturity, double standards and cheating in this game, which is why I stopped playing it... So apparently are you and yet you advocate live and let live, and pretend it isn't happeining.
Which is it?
R.I.P:

Blake Stone, Jizz Bucket, Patterson Queasley, Billy Sherwood, Chavlet D'Arcy, Johnson.
Agar

Postby Agar » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:28 am

Phalynx wrote:You hypocrit Agar.....

Nick wrote:
Now now, Agar. Maybe that high blood pressure is getting to you. You need to calm down, and realise that I'm just an 18 year old who doesn't even live in the same country as you. Get a life. Or you'll lose the one you have. :roll:

I could whine and tell everybody about your and Sparkles little group you had going, or I could just post the link to your group, with maps and whatnot that you invited me to back when we cheated together, a long time ago.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CantrMapNInvent/

Presumably this is how you know about the CRB but it was too hard for YOU to understand.

This is sickening! The double standards here make Nixon look like an honest guy!

Before you start in pulling Nicks threads up again, go ahead and go to that yahoo group. Do you see my name, my characters names, do you see anything on there that proves it was me?

No.

Why? It's not.

I have nothing to do with that group, so that crap Nick pulled is completly irellevant to anything in this discussion.

Now, several accounts ago, something like two years back, when cantr was in it's 800's or 900's, I did YIM with another player to coordinate OOC. Did I think it was right? No. Was I cheating? Yes. Did I learn? Yes. Did anything I did amount to anything? Nope.

I'm not berating, belittling or insulting anyone here, I didn't tell people to play another game, and I'm being as gracious about answering someone's questions about something as simple as this as much as I can.

My question is, if you've stopped playing the game, why are you on the forums? That just ... doesn't make any sense.
Reality was never my strong point.
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:32 am

Phalynx wrote:Stop being so foolish Wichita,

Heed your own advice.

Phalynx wrote:I have no problem with the reformed alcoholic, trying to help other alcoholics out of their dofficulties, with providing information and support, even using their own example to help people show where they went wrong.

What would be totally sickening is the reformed alcohol that annouces a national campaign to belittle, berate and insult those who are alcoholic and a vows to eliminate them all.

Some people here can be gracious about this, Agar is definately not one of them and his college group of DnDs sounds very similar to his Yahoo group.

Your analogy is a little bit off. Don't view treat cheating like a disease, because once you make it a disease then it is no longer your fault and removes all sense of responsibility from the mind of the violator. View Agar as a con on Scared Straight (I assume that was broadcast in Europe like every other American TV program seems to be) beating some sense into some spunky teenagers before they come to make the same mistakes.

Phalynx wrote:On a point of issue I may be a 'mouthy little prick' but what particular vendetta do I have?

You said it yourself in the very next line.

Phalynx wrote:You see I am distressed about the immaturity, double standards and cheating in this game, which is why I stopped playing it...

and

Phalynx wrote:You hypocrit Agar.....

And I do not believe that a rational adult can honestly construe what I have written in the above posts as advocating a policy of "live and let live, and pretend it isn't happeining." Catch it, treat it, release. PD is there to catch it and stop it.

No, what I am saying is to stop dwelling on past infractions, forgive and forget, and deal with cheating if cheating happens in the future. There is no need to punish people for past infractions if they have become reformed and functioning members of the community. This becomes less true for chronic abusers and repeat offenders, as it evidences a pattern of destructive behavior on the part of the violator. Once they have changed their ways they are free to go and play by the same rules as everybody else.

Try to avoid beating your scapegoat and waving your Deep Throat papers about. We've heard you and acknowledged it. I just hope we don't have to listen to it again the next time you quit the game in a huff.
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
Phalynx

Postby Phalynx » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:59 am

wichita wrote:Try to avoid beating your scapegoat and waving your Deep Throat papers about. We've heard you and acknowledged it.

I don't think you have but there's only so much a man, or a mouthy little prick, can do!

Agar wrote:
My question is, if you've stopped playing the game, why are you on the forums? That just ... doesn't make any sense.

You are totally right.. Who you let cheat and who you don't and how you justify yourselves is as you point out none of my concern anymore.

Enjoy the game folks!
R.I.P:

Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:27 pm

Should this thread be locked?

Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”