Non-Finnish characters on the Finnish region

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

SekoETC

Non-Finnish characters on the Finnish region

Postby SekoETC » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:32 am

About half of the spawning population has been non-communicative, which makes me think they're just looking for a chance of playing on a fresh region that doesn't have an established culture yet. One even said hello, in English, (and stole our only note) - I named that one varas. My character is pretty ready to start hitting the "mutes" soon but I'd rather have the godly fire from the skies and a warning to their players that it's against the rules to play in a language group if you don't know a bit of the language and aren't even wanting to learn. It is an OOC trouble, and I we must start fixing it in-game with stone cleavers, the victims are likely to strike back and we don't have any healing food. So, godly intervention possible?
Not-so-sad panda
Bear

Postby Bear » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:43 am

I will be looked into, thanks for reporting.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:52 pm

Ok, turns out the one I named does know Finnish. But I still don't know about the mute ones. There was one who just went walking without saying a word, the problem is if we're getting newbs who haven't played Cantr even in English, they might not know that the characters they see on the people's list are played by living players.
Not-so-sad panda
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:20 pm

Maybe their players are just a bit busy? :) That is why my characters tend to be a little uncommunicative most of the time.
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
Liljum

Re: Non-Finnish characters on the Finnish region

Postby Liljum » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:11 am

SekoETC wrote:About half of the spawning population has been non-communicative, which makes me think they're just looking for a chance of playing on a fresh region that doesn't have an established culture yet. One even said hello, in English, (and stole our only note) - I named that one varas. My character is pretty ready to start hitting the "mutes" soon but I'd rather have the godly fire from the skies and a warning to their players that it's against the rules to play in a language group if you don't know a bit of the language and aren't even wanting to learn. It is an OOC trouble, and I we must start fixing it in-game with stone cleavers, the victims are likely to strike back and we don't have any healing food. So, godly intervention possible?

We have lots of those lately in the swedish regions. Dosen't talk, dosen't seem to understand swedish, steals, runs away and of course gets killed by the defenders of the different towns.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:51 am

Two of the new characters were apparently the initial characters of a new player, so they woke up at the same time. But it's slightly annoying that a person comes into game with no clue of the difference between IC and OOC and you have to explain them, and still it's not sure if they understood it. Their characters shared a last name, which I dodged by pretending not to understand whom the character was talking about (the introduction was done in unmarked OOC) and gave them nicknames, which they seemed to accept. I'm hoping that when the player gets more accustomed to playing, they will realize it's not ok to make their characters sisters and will come up with a new surname for at least one of them.
Not-so-sad panda
rconley

Postby rconley » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:11 pm

We will look into it, thanks Seko.

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”