Too many notes.

Public discussion channel to report possible breaches of the capital rule and for the public investigation of suspected cases. Note that in many cases it might be preferred to report such cases in private to players@cantr.net instead of on this forum.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Spillages

Too many notes.

Postby Spillages » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:02 am

Could someone take care of the notes inside cell-2- of tirqi prison?
silence is golden;
DUCT TAPE IS SILVER!
Spillages

Postby Spillages » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:11 am

Any status on the inside of the cell? I'm not going in to check because it took way to long to load that whole list of notes. One of the many was called mederes or something, it was way incorrectly spelled. it had huge font, like size 50 or something was bold and white. the others had smaller red text.
silence is golden;

DUCT TAPE IS SILVER!
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:06 am

The Players Department does not have the means find the notes without the titles. I'm not sure if ProgD can or not.
Spillages

Postby Spillages » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:12 am

Even if I told the exact location of the note? I don't really feel like going back in there because it wasted too many of my minutes waiting for the page to load.
silence is golden;

DUCT TAPE IS SILVER!
DELGRAD

Postby DELGRAD » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:29 am

One of my charcters created a temp note storage envelope. He puts all notes and envelopes of importance in that. He then gathers all bad or excess notes and puts then in another envelope (he named that one shit). I say next 200 minutes to do that if a game admin doesn't remove the BS notes.

I had a character make a note and make many copies then drop them all. If it had happened to me I would have been really pissed. Don't worry that character is DEAD.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:47 am

I think PD sees the notes through the eyes of the characters. They can choose to "possess" a character, and use it to view the surroundings, but if there's no one in the room with the notes or no one has picked them up then that's a blind spot.
Not-so-sad panda
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:28 pm

Well yes, we could do it that way, but we wouldn't be able to delete them that way......only find out titles and read them. Then we could go back, search for each one, then delete it. A long and tedious process, when it takes over 20 mins for each note search to load (which I'm not so sure doesn't slow down the game for everyone). So, if ProgD can do it easier, would be much better.
Spillages

Postby Spillages » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:46 pm

If I were to place my chacacter in the location of the notes, you could delete them that way though, couldn't you? Unless you decide to implement a button for multiple notes on the ground just like the one in the inventory.
silence is golden;

DUCT TAPE IS SILVER!

Return to “Capital Rule Breaches”