Doorbells?

Threads moved from Suggestions for suggestions that are likely, but are awaiting approval and implementation.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Talapus

Doorbells?

Postby Talapus » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:15 pm

How about a doorbell or a big iron knocker or something? You build it inside of a room like a lock, and whenever someone knocks on that door, it gives the "some one has knocked on the door to Blah" message in every room in a building. That way it would be possible to not miss someone knocking on the door to your house if you are not in the front room.
creepyguyinblack

Postby creepyguyinblack » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:37 pm

That would be interesting. That'd obviously have to be to Prog for the hitting every room part, but resources could do the object. Using something similar, perhaps an intercom at some point could be possible, to allow one to speak into every room of a building with a unit built in it. Eg: someone outside could speak "to" the building or perhaps click an icon and have that privately relayed to each room in the building.
“We are beginning to see intimations of this in the implantation of computer devices into the human body.”

Ray Kurzweil quotes
Dee

Postby Dee » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:29 am

To have this implemented there has to be electricity...

If we have electricity, can we also have lights and such? :D
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:09 am

Not necessarily electricity, Victorian houses had huge systems of bells around the house and strings connected to them, so one could pull a string and the bell would ring in the other side of the house...
Not-so-sad panda
Talapus

Postby Talapus » Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:19 pm

I had suggested one of two things. Either a door bell, or an iron door knocker, like one of those big metal rings that you see attached to doors that you pound to get someone to answer the door. Besides, you should know by now that things that should require electricity don't, like the Alumina refiner.
Doodle_Jack

Postby Doodle_Jack » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:24 pm

I'm in favour of the idea. Somehow it wouls also be nize to be able to scream in the house: "JOHN?!?!?!? WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?!"
KVZ
Players Dept. Member

Postby KVZ » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:45 am

I thought about myself few days ago ;] We have radios, but we have no doorbells. Maybe some wires to conect one doorbell with switch made on some doors? Sure, we can live without it, but this would be neat.
Corruption born inside. I'm part of dark side / A.F.K. / We'll steal your dreams and control your minds
https://twitter.com/DukeKVZ / http://www.futurerp.net/pages/link.php?id=24880
Pie

Postby Pie » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:55 am

I agree that this should be good.............. we should have it.*Shoes his cat away becous it is scatching him for atention*
Pnumerical Intuitiong Engyn
Paranormal Investigation Exorsism
Porcupine Interspecies Extra_poison
Pick In Enter

... The headquarters of P.I.E.!!!
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:44 am

I have thought about it. Needs a bit of ProgD input I think but it would be handy to setup.
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
Just A Bill

Postby Just A Bill » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:38 pm

While progD is looking at this, how about a town wide version of the same, say something like a church bell that could be heard all over town, including all rooms of all buildings. Or for those really big town an air raid siren. I am pretty sure I have seen the idea somewhere before, but this would be a good time to re-address the issue.
AzzY

Postby AzzY » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:25 pm

I totally love the churchbell idea.

It would greatly encourage festivities...like marketdays...or just religious happenings. It could also be used as a sort of warning system against...pirates for example. ATM it is very likely that the whole town gets slaughtered while you'r in a building and, because you don't need to go out, you wouldn't even realise it until like a cantr year later.
Sho

Postby Sho » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:02 pm

Loop
You see a man in his twenties ring the town bell.
EndLoop
Octavio

Postby Octavio » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:24 pm

The doorbell idea is great. And yes, it's not hard to implement with the current buildings/rooms structure.
Since the RD has approved the idea, and even suggested it and everything, I'm approving it from the technical point of view.
Carpe Diem
Hellzon

Postby Hellzon » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:24 pm

Sho wrote:Loop
You see a man in his twenties ring the town bell.
EndLoop

:lol:
I like the idea, but maybe the church bell should be possible to build inside.

/Hellzon - the bell, the bell!
[21:35] Sunni: no peeing on people in chat!
Amlin

Postby Amlin » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:59 am

Some people works in extensions of buildings just because they are annoyed by door-knocking newspawns. So i suggest that there should be building - bell tower ;) Or at least possibility to make bells inside of buildings. Then creator may decite whether to build bell outside to easy access for everyone or to build inside, where newspawns can access it harder ;) There will be a lot of false alarms... No quite places will be anymore if this idea will be implemented...

Return to “Likely Suggestions”