Camper Van

Threads moved from Suggestions for suggestions that are likely, but are awaiting approval and implementation.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

nitefyre

Postby nitefyre » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:12 am

Nick wrote:You can name it a camper van. Just because it is called a small van, or a minivan, or whatever, does not mean that you need to add a whole new class of veichle, just so you can fill whatever RP fantasies you have OOCly.

Or at least that's what I can gather from Nitefyre's embolding of a few words. It is of course very possible I could have misinterpreted.

No, Nick hit the nail on the head. Just a wee bit of RP will save some important people quite a bit of time. :)
Surly

Postby Surly » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:17 am

Why did you highlight the tractors, though? That's what confused me...
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:18 am

Mr. Floyd wrote: oh i dunno, like a tractor (probally dont exist in cantr, but what the hey) at least me and Farmer would make one!

That's why... he's just pointing them out...
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
Just A Bill

Postby Just A Bill » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:48 am

Well a camper has a beds in it. While IRL you could put a makeshift bed in a van, Its not the same.

In Cantr a camper with a bed in it would make it much easier to come it to a new town attack everybody in sight then rest while they try to break the lock. It would be a great addition to any army. Even better, make it like the RV in Stripes...
TatteredShoeLace

Postby TatteredShoeLace » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:22 am

I'd rather see tents than this. We have vans already. Next up:

Trailer
500 g iron
2000 g tin
1000 g bond-o supergule

If we want to simulate a society, lets at least pretend its a civilized one.
1223-4: You kill a elephant using a longbow.

Nick wrote:If you don't check your characters once a day, you're not going anywhere in Cantr. :P
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:28 am

A suggestion in IRC made me dig this up.
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
dryn

Postby dryn » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:07 am

wichita wrote:A suggestion in IRC made me dig this up.

I am the guilty one.

Basically what I was wanting was a mobile home. It is easy living a transient life on the coast, since you can use a boat as a moving building but you can't really bring your home around with you on land.

Sure you can just name a van 'Camper Van' (or what have you) but you can't build a smoker or oven (or beds, furniture etc) in there and so it isn't really achieving the same effect.

As was also mentioned in Irc, you could simply alter the van (or perhaps bus) so that suitable things could be build in there and thus convert it into a mobile home. (Or mobile military base, etc)
Nosajimiki

Postby Nosajimiki » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:20 am

Who is Amon Bigsby :?:
#004400 is my favorite color.
Zanthos

Postby Zanthos » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:37 am

If I remember correctly, they used to be a banker in Quillanoi long time ago. Like, a charrie from my first account met them.
Person: Akamada doesnt control the animals.
You see a wild boar attack Person.
Person: I still dont believe you.

<Spill> Oh, I enjoy every sperm to the fullest.
Sho

Postby Sho » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:38 am

The salient (though still not relevant to this topic) point is that he was one of Nick's characters.
Mr. Bones

Re: Camper Van

Postby Mr. Bones » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:45 am

So, who accepted this suggestion?
HFrance

Postby HFrance » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:26 am

LOL
Cantr II is a social simulator. What is not working is due a problem in the society.
Cantr is like Vegas - what happens in the game should be in the game.
"It's a virtual world, not a theme park!" (Richard Bartle)
Aurora

Postby Aurora » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:03 pm

YES. Yes, yes, yes yes. I want this. A mobile home, exactly what traders and bads and musicians and simple pleople wanting to explore would need. YES.

(yes)
Into the darkness you shine
Out of the ashes we rise
There's no one like you
None like you!
viktor

Postby viktor » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:50 am

an alternative idea would be to allow us to... subdivide some of the larger vehicles, like building another 'room' on vehicles like vans and limousine, lockable? this would be a step towards making vehicles a lot more modifyable, people and other things would still be visible to the rest of the world regardless if they are in the cab or back section of the vehicle? well?
Marian

Re:

Postby Marian » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:35 pm

^^^I read in another thread that we're never going to have lockable 'rooms' attached to vehicles like that because it would be too easy for kidnappers to exploit.

Surly wrote:Now why have yet another unattainable vehicle?

I mean, seriously... Half the vehicles on the list take over 10 years to build already, and that's not including tiredness or travel...

My goodness how Cantr has changed. :lol: I remember when a simple tandem bike was the ultimate achievement and a car or whatever was an impossible dream that took an entire town years to make happen. Now most places have more motorcycles and cars than citizens, even when you count the sleepers...

Anyway, about the actual topic, maybe a simple way to do this would be to make a 'camper' an extension that's added to a van or car, like you'd add a side car to a motorcycle? If it were made possible to build a bed or a couple small machines in their that would be great too...I'm pretty sure I recall one of my first characters having a tandem bike with a smoker built onto it...somehow, so I know it used to be possible.

Return to “Likely Suggestions”