Event for animal spawn

Threads moved from Suggestions for suggestions that are likely, but are awaiting approval and implementation.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Millhouse

Event for animal spawn

Postby Millhouse » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:49 am

It would be nice to get an event notification when a domesticated animal spawns. I'm often checking with multiple characters daily on animal packs but it's easy to miss it when it happens. It would also be a nice little boost in morale and could spark some RP when the event happens.
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Re: Event for animal spawn

Postby Jos Elkink » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:30 am

I agree.

I moved it straight to accepted suggestions, because it's straightforward and seems an obvious innovation. So unless some staff member tells me I've gone mad, this should be ok ;-)
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:52 pm

Thanks. This would be a big help :)
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:14 am

It should probably not count as something that lights up your character again, but I think this is a good idea.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Postby Bmot » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:23 am

Joshuamonkey wrote:It should probably not count as something that lights up your character again, but I think this is a good idea.

I assume that'd be somehting you can set yourself, like all other event types.
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:26 pm

Joshuamonkey wrote:It should probably not count as something that lights up your character again, but I think this is a good idea.

I suggest that it's another option in activity settings that you can toggle on or off.

I still find a need for this. Recently I had a character neglect to look at the animal page for about a week or so and his meager flock of sheep had a population explosion which was quickly consuming all of his feed.

Return to “Likely Suggestions”