Turn-based combat

Threads moved from Suggestions for suggestions that are likely, but are awaiting approval and implementation.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Do you like this idea?

Yes
80%
No
18%
Undecided (Please list reasoning for discussion purposes)
3%

Total votes: 74
Swingerzetta

Re: Turn-based combat

Postby Swingerzetta » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:10 am

playerslayer666 wrote:if we are going to do this could we also do something where one player can "protect" another player, thus getting hit, and allowing them to hit in response? so far it looks like this is going to punish those dumb enough to use weaker toons to fight back, while not allowing their friends to do anything about it other than maybe drag him or the enemy away.

also the protected character could not be hit until the protector is dead/dragged away. (new thread should be started to discuss this)

That sounds like a complicated solution to a 'problem' that can be argued to arise first from the fact that there's weapons in the game, since anyone dumb enough (Or, not bothering to understand combat enough) to start fights without weapons or shields is going to die quickly, too. Personally, I think the idea of someone dragging their tantrumming friend away from a fight to be delightful. In the real world, I've seen this way more often than I've seen someone jumping in front of a thrown punch...
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:57 pm

Can we please stay on topic and not complicate this into obscurity? Guarding is a separate suggestion. I'm sure there's a thread for it somewhere.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
bnlphan

Postby bnlphan » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:42 pm

Really like this. Anyway we can get it moved up in priority on implementation?
Mastering the fine art of sleepworking
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Sun May 18, 2014 7:51 pm

What exactly is the accepted suggestion here?

A attacks B, B attacks back, and then A can attack B again?

I voted yes, it sounds like a nice addition to combat without actually changing anything. If people want to stick to the old system they can, simply by not making use of the extra attack.
Read about my characters by following this link.
witia1

Postby witia1 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:11 pm

That would be great to see in game. Would add a lot of dynamic to fights and tournaments.
Even for slow paced game current system is silly for active characters.
I've even had situation to discuss with opponent for few days a lot of time during day with moments that were just dull.
Speak with him and when right hour comes exchange hits and then come back to talking o.O.
Rest In Pieces.

Return to “Likely Suggestions”