More options for storing notes

Threads moved from Suggestions for suggestions that are likely, but are awaiting approval and implementation.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

What is your opinion on this feature?

Yes, this should be implemented.
92%
No, I oppose this because....(please explain in comments)
3%
I don't care, I just wanted to vote.
5%

Total votes: 37
Mr. Bones

More options for storing notes

Postby Mr. Bones » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:17 am

This would be a small addition. I'd like an option to store notes on the ground directly into envelopes. Sometimes I dread having to pick the notes up and then search through all my existing notes to find them and store them in the envelope. We can already do this with raw resources and objects for storing in containers, so why not notes too? A button could be added to allow for this.
Cantryjczyk

Re: More options for storing notes

Postby Cantryjczyk » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:10 am

This poll wants me to explain (so use more time and energy) when I vote for no.
If I agree with this suggestion, its fine and easy. If not, I have to explain why (feel bad too?).
Bad form.
Każdy ma swój punkt widzenia, ale nie każdy z niego coś widzi.
Mr. Bones

Postby Mr. Bones » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:22 am

No, I would just like to know why they feel it's a bad idea. I don't see the harm in asking why somebody doesn't like an idea, that allows for discussion on it. If that person brings up any valid points we may be able to discuss them. It sounds a lot better than just saying no without giving any input. Also, I guess I just assumed that anybody that votes yes likes the idea and would like to use it, but for those that want to vote yes I also encourage them to post and say why they like the feature if they wish. Many probably will anyway.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:52 am

I have nothing to add beyond what you already said.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Money

Postby Money » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:16 pm

Merely walking into any town with a library and no librarian, often it has become such a daunting task that no one will sign up for such a position. This suggestion would go a long way towards making notes more manageable.
HFrance

Postby HFrance » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:13 pm

If I may move things up a bit, it would be better to remodel the Objects page similar to what was done with Inventory page, ie through tabs of selection (raw, machines + tools, keys and notes). Then, the tab of notes may have the same icon for multiple operations.
Cantr II is a social simulator. What is not working is due a problem in the society.
Cantr is like Vegas - what happens in the game should be in the game.
"It's a virtual world, not a theme park!" (Richard Bartle)
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:18 am

I heartily agree with this one. Very simple, but would make cleaning notes up sooooo much easier.

I would also like to have the ability to copy notes straight out of an envelope without having to first put it in your inventory, find it, copy it, find it again, put it back in the envelope...what an incredibly labourious chore. And because it is, most characters don't ever bother looking in envelopes, I know mine avoid it like the plague.
Marian

Postby Marian » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:22 pm

Oasis wrote:I heartily agree with this one. Very simple, but would make cleaning notes up sooooo much easier.

I would also like to have the ability to copy notes straight out of an envelope without having to first put it in your inventory, find it, copy it, find it again, put it back in the envelope...what an incredibly labourious chore. And because it is, most characters don't ever bother looking in envelopes, I know mine avoid it like the plague.

THIS. A thousand times this. Being able to edit a note without removing it would make one of my character's lives sooo much easier too.
Mr. Bones

Postby Mr. Bones » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:19 am

Would like to see this implemented. I was staring at a town full of notes just now that I need to clean up, thinking how nice this would be at that time.
Faith
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Faith » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:26 pm

All my "gravediggers" would love this!
Mr. Bones

Postby Mr. Bones » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:35 pm

31 votes with 90 percent support. Only one against. If there are no objections I'm going to move this to accepted.
Mr. Bones

Postby Mr. Bones » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:04 am

Moving this to accepted.

Return to “Likely Suggestions”