Another "grouping" request: Objects page

Threads moved from Suggestions for suggestions that are likely, but are awaiting approval and implementation.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

SumBum

Another "grouping" request: Objects page

Postby SumBum » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:59 pm

On the Objects screen, things get really jumbled. Resources seem to be the only item type that are solidly sorted and grouped together. Beyond that, you have a list of: tools, a machine, more tools, a machine or two, clothing, even more tools....etc. It would be great if all the machinery was ordered together in the list so they were easier to find. I won't be so picky as to ask for semi-finished items to be separated from the tools - I know there's some grey area and overlap there anyway. Clothing isn't quite as mixed up as tools and machinery but it may benefit from some tweaking, too.

Maybe this is possible to do as an individual via greasemonkeying but not everyone uses that or even knows about it.
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!! - James Brown
Oasis

Re: Another "grouping" request: Objects page

Postby Oasis » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:12 pm

Yes, please! In a busy workshop, it is very difficult to find things the way they are jumbled up now.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:28 pm

Yeah, this will happen sometime soon.
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Postby Greek » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:13 am

Implemented, more or less.

Portable and fixed objects are separated, but for example furniture is still mixed with machinery.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’

Return to “Likely Suggestions”