Viking-like burials

Threads moved from Suggestions for suggestions that are likely, but are awaiting approval and implementation.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Indigo

Viking-like burials

Postby Indigo » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:53 pm

EchoMan wrote:
Indigo wrote:
EchoMan wrote:The simplest solution on land is a vehicle, because you can't add dead bodies or notes to a project. Maybe we could make it a container, and allow for bodies to be dragged to containers?

I like this. That way, you could add personal objects to the pyre.

But you can if it is a vehicle too. :)

But you don't have to build (or destroy) a vehicle just to make a pyre, that's my point. I agree that it could be an option (using an existent vehicle to build a pyre in it), but I don't think it should be the only way. That's why I said I like the idea of it being a container.

Edit: if a cage is considered a vehicle, then it could be something similar.
Someone wrote:Being dark is an intelligent interpretation of the fabricated world, made up from our heads, there to tempt and play with us
EchoMan

Re: Viking-like burials

Postby EchoMan » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:13 pm

Exactly that is my point. It will be called a pyre, though it will be a vehicle technically. But it will still be a pyre on the object page, and not on the vehicle page.
NancyLee

Postby NancyLee » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:16 pm

EchoMan wrote:Exactly that is my point. It will be called a pyre, though it will be a vehicle technically. But it will still be a pyre on the object page, and not on the vehicle page.

Aaaaaand that's when I finally get it, it took me time :lol:
“Nothing is absolute. Everything changes, everything moves, everything revolves, everything flies and goes away.”
― Frida Kahlo
Vega

Postby Vega » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:21 pm

Indigo wrote:
SekoETC wrote:In India they used to burn widows when the husband died. Considering that, would make sense if it was possible to burn living people as well.

This was exactly what I had in mind, with its whole bunch of possible misuses (and as Doug says, the insta-kill issue).

Now I can see a witch hunting... And I want it! What if you can try to scape? A project like breaking a lock but "go out of the pyre"?
Quebec Lima Delta November
Something like a story
freiana

Postby freiana » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:41 pm

Vega wrote:
Indigo wrote:
SekoETC wrote:In India they used to burn widows when the husband died. Considering that, would make sense if it was possible to burn living people as well.

This was exactly what I had in mind, with its whole bunch of possible misuses (and as Doug says, the insta-kill issue).

Now I can see a witch hunting... And I want it! What if you can try to scape? A project like breaking a lock but "go out of the pyre"?

I would only agree to this if a person could -only- be dragged onto a pyre when he/she had damage over 75% or something like that...
Don't remember where I was - I realized life was a game - The more seriously I took things - The harder the rules became
Chroma Key

Postby Chroma Key » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:13 pm

The suggestion title says it all: Viking-like burials. For the dead. I am strongly against anything that would turn this wonderful suggestion into something that involves harm to living characters. Therefore, I am also against the bloodthirsty tweaks suggested above, and not just for the misues/abuse issues.
As it stands with the necessary programming etc mods, my only question is, when can we have it implemented? :)
"She could make something sound stupid just by hearing it.”
"For a short moment there, you almost sounded human."
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:20 pm

Funeral pyres for dead characters and their belongings (?) on land and at sea is accepted.
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:20 pm

Thought: throwing people onto the pyre could be a damage-related thing. I mean, people don't immediately combust whenever they're thrown into the fire, I don't care what Tim Burton's Sweeney Todd says. Instead of insta-death, the person being thrown on the pyre could take damage at a rate of 50% towards death. i.e. if they're exactly 0% damaged when they're thrown on the pyre, at the next tick they'd've accumulated 50% damage. If they didn't get off by the next tick, they'll have accumulated 75% damage, then 87.5%, and so on and so forth until they reach a high enough damage to round to 100% and they die. And if they do survive and get off, an uneditable clause could be added to their description saying something along the lines of, "S/he has severe burn scars on his/her exposed skin."

Just a thought. I don't expect this part to get implemented at all.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:28 pm

The problem is if a pyre is on a locked boat, even if the person got out of the pyre, they couldn't escape the doomed vessel unless swimming was implemented.
Not-so-sad panda
viktor

Postby viktor » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:48 pm

why not have 2 types of pyres, one being a floating pyre, basically one device a boat with a pire as a single project, with the same space as say a dinghy?
and a land pyre of similar design except stationary and on land.
though i would consider having EVERYTHING in the pyre to be destroyed when it is burned, bodies, items, resources, all notes, suicidal/executed people.
honestly if you can build a pyre drag a person on and light it logic says you could just as easily locked the person up and butchered them instead. of course this allows the person one attempt to break out of the thing, succeed or die. let it burn for 1 day or 1.5 days.
only the key holder can light it up? just an idea.
OdintheCeltV

Postby OdintheCeltV » Fri May 10, 2013 10:09 pm

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=25086&p=514752#p514752

"Burning bodies" a recent thread I posted even a simple burn or bury option until they could program this would be cool .
Cantryjczyk

Postby Cantryjczyk » Sat May 11, 2013 7:10 am

viktor wrote:why not have 2 types of pyres, one being a floating pyre, basically one device a boat with a pire as a single project, with the same space as say a dinghy?
though i would consider having EVERYTHING in the pyre to be destroyed when it is burned, bodies, items, resources, all notes, suicidal/executed people.
honestly if you can build a pyre drag a person on and light it logic says you could just as easily locked the person up and butchered them instead. of course this allows the person one attempt to break out of the thing, succeed or die. let it burn for 1 day or 1.5 days.

Making possible to use pyre as a way to get rid of alive chars is terrible idea. And you even want to make it possible to lock them inside and make them burn? Sounds sadistick and way to easy. Burning bodies, sure. Resources and items? Well, ok. Sleepers or enemies? No way.

To butcher locked person isnt always so easy. If it is good strong fighter, with good shield, and good healing food. And say, someone saw draging and went for help to other location. Instand of game of waiting for help as long as possible, or breaking out day after day surviving enemy attacks it woud be "oh, I am locked and burning, bye".

"Logic" have nothing to do with cantr and fighting system. Using logic, you shoud be able to drag someone from ship to the sea and swim away.
Każdy ma swój punkt widzenia, ale nie każdy z niego coś widzi.
Mr. Bones

Postby Mr. Bones » Sat May 11, 2013 6:57 pm

Cantryjczyk wrote:
viktor wrote:why not have 2 types of pyres, one being a floating pyre, basically one device a boat with a pire as a single project, with the same space as say a dinghy?

Making possible to use pyre as a way to get rid of alive chars is terrible idea. And you even want to make it possible to lock them inside and make them burn? Sounds sadistick and way to easy. Burning bodies, sure. Resources and items? Well, ok. Sleepers or enemies? No way.

To butcher locked person isnt always so easy. If it is good strong fighter, with good shield, and good healing food. And say, someone saw draging and went for help to other location. Instand of game of waiting for help as long as possible, or breaking out day after day surviving enemy attacks it woud be "oh, I am locked and burning, bye".

"Logic" have nothing to do with cantr and fighting system. Using logic, you shoud be able to drag someone from ship to the sea and swim away.

Don't worry it's only been accepted as a way of disposing of dead bodies.
Andu

Postby Andu » Tue May 14, 2013 8:59 pm

Burning alive people in NDS?
"An those with little fuel, could tie a pack of bears in front of their limousine, with whip and crossbow in hands to keep them in line."
Yang

Postby Yang » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:30 pm

So what shape of this process will be? If the way as Doug R and EchoMan proposed then i think its a bad idea. Use present mechanics to limit work on such projects. So to burn vehicle/ship you do it just like changing name of it, from land. You start a project, add needed resources and prepare it. After 1 day of work you make it burn for few ticks that would create global event. Also now containers can have bodies inside, so we could add another container to burn people on like wood pile.
Burning vehicle would need access to that vehicle so or no lock, or have a key to that vehicle.
It would burn all items on it except uneditable notes. So there would be a way to burn resources that are not needed.
Also idea of burning people in NDS is a good idea. Witch hunt, burning widow and so on would be still possible, but without previously mentioned problems.

So in conclusion - this way is much easier to implement, better and more logic.

Return to “Likely Suggestions”