Coin Press - press stamp

Threads moved from Suggestions for suggestions that are likely, but are awaiting approval and implementation.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Do you like this idea?

Yes
95%
No
5%

Total votes: 59
Doug R.

Coin Press - press stamp

Postby Doug R. » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:57 pm

Currently, coin presses take a long time to build, and you can only print one coin on them. Additionally, you can't tear them down, so they'll stay forever.

I propose a new item - press stamp. The coin press itself would be converted to a normal machine, but it would print whatever press stamp you put in it. The stamp would be the unique element, and wouldn't take as long to build (but would be as expensive in tech and material).

So, you could have one coin press and print many types of coins. You could remove the press stamp and take it with you and put it on another coin press. Since the unique element of the coin press would be separated, you could tear them down like a normal machine.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Re: Coin Press - press stamp

Postby Greek » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:32 pm

I like that. :) It could be based on container system and quite easy to do.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:02 pm

I like this idea. I would love to see coins become more widely used too, but it is so hard to establish an economy, since the local rarity of the metals is what dictates the value of the coins.
curious

Postby curious » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:25 am

So, it would be possible to print differing value coins on any available material?
I like this idea, although I have my doubts that it will make a coin-based economy any more likely. Without regulation, people will just print more coins... this is why the Cantr economy will always be more effective in a barter system.

I voted yes anyway, but I'm not sure it'll help.
Armulus Satchula

Postby Armulus Satchula » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:11 pm

I like this idea and also think it would be neat to be able to duplicate a stamp.
Mr. Bones

Postby Mr. Bones » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:19 am

*Bump* Seems like a good idea. It would be nice to be able to change the imprint on coins instead of being stuck with the same one. I have a coin press I inherited from the old town leader. I don't like the current imprint on it but I don't want to waste the materials to build a new one. Even if a player decided to build a new machine for the new imprint, he may want to change it again in the future then have to build even another one. Nobody wants to have a room full of coin presses.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:30 pm

Two programmers on-board. Let's move to accepted.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Mr. Bones

Postby Mr. Bones » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:06 pm

Great! Moving to accepted.
viktor

Postby viktor » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:16 am

this crossed my mind lately and thought I would search and sure enough here it is, been a while since it was last active*bump*. how about needing a screwdriver and a wrench and an hour to install and uninstall the coin stamp?

Return to “Likely Suggestions”