Encrusted Weapons.

Threads moved from Suggestions for suggestions that are likely, but are awaiting approval and implementation.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

computaertist

Re: Encrusted Weapons.

Postby computaertist » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:58 am

In case it helps, are there some gems that need more uses, where just adding more jewelry items aren't seen as good enough at filling that gap because people already have so many jewelry options? If so, is it possible to have new encrusted weapons that use those gems, increasing reasons to trade for them and/or adding some regional diversity to the weapons people use to show off wealth?
Mark Twain wrote:Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:49 pm

It would be nice. I know some characters (not necessarily mine) that would be happy to see several new ways to customize weapons. They are luxury items (like plated kite shields) but they have a place. Hopefully they'd be more popular than fans, mirrors, dice and jewelry boxes.
nateflory

Postby nateflory » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:56 pm

I'm curious if the rot-rates are worth making slightly increased for Encrusted things? Adding baubles might be pretty, but make it slightly more "fancy and easily damaged". Probably not, but, it might sliiiightly stimulate gem trades, or at least make the status symbol need active upkeep. The only reason I mention this is a vague sense of long-term abundances of such things, similar to the Beehive/Herb saturation and how some islands have "free vehicles" because of their common un-rottingness and overabundance?
---------------------------------
"Nature may reach the same result in many ways." - Nikola Tesla
"Dare to be naïve". - "Unity is plural and, at minimum, is two." - Bucky Fuller
computaertist

Postby computaertist » Mon May 02, 2016 6:19 pm

sanchez wrote:De-incentivising this production and providing more means of active consumption of hoarded resources, while encouraging diversification in infrastructure and future production addresses a deeper solution.

Might encrusted weapons help with these?
Mark Twain wrote:Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.

Return to “Likely Suggestions”