The most amazing thing I've done in Cantr

Threads moved from Suggestions for suggestions that are likely, but are awaiting approval and implementation.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Rusalka

The most amazing thing I've done in Cantr

Postby Rusalka » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:10 pm

A great way to promote the game: Put an option for every player to write "The most amazing thing I've done in Cantr".

That would be a text box available at the bottom of characters page. People would be allowed to write whatever they feel proud of, with some basic restrictions:
100 day rule, no names and dates from game etc.

Then on the Cantr main page would be displayed text from radomly chosen account, changing every page refresh. there should also be a button "read more" redirecting to page with all of them.

what do You think?
Artur wrote:ja chce miec fabryke i czarnuchow w niej a nie dom z ogrodkiem kurna i nie zycze sobie zeby mnie ktos pouczal o graniu w cantr qrka
CrashBlizz

Re: The most amazing thing I've done in Cantr

Postby CrashBlizz » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:24 pm

Good idea... but I can see some people messing about too much with it
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:25 pm

It's a good idea. I like it. It could be monitored the same way as character descriptions, so I wouldn't worry too much about "messing".
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:29 pm

Sounds like a cool idea, and if someone got nabbed for writing inappropriate things in it, we could use the same table for preventing people from sharing their most amazing thing that's currently used for disallowing people to edit their custom descriptions. It might be difficult to pick just one thing, though, when people have several characters who might lead very different lives.
Not-so-sad panda
Rusalka

Postby Rusalka » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:40 pm

Ok, let them write few of them if they really want, I see no problem with it.

And since it will be shown on the main page for every single internet user, I would suggest full moderation. That would be a bit hard in the beginning but then, not so terrible - people won't change them too often.

There should be possibility to write in every Cantr language so everyone who can, would have possibility to write the same story in different langugages.
Artur wrote:ja chce miec fabryke i czarnuchow w niej a nie dom z ogrodkiem kurna i nie zycze sobie zeby mnie ktos pouczal o graniu w cantr qrka
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:18 pm

I really l like this idea.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Illidan

Postby Illidan » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:57 pm

good idea, but maybe it should be "moderated", and get into the main page a random comment everytime.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:26 am

So there could be a new table that stores them, and they would be marked as pending or approved, and only approved would show up. If they also included a timestamp, it could be used to limit people from submitting a new one until a certain time has passed. And if there was also a column for language, we could make the code pick a testimony in the same language the main page is currently displayed in, with English filling in if there aren't enough options in the chosen language. People could submit several but only one character per testimony, so that it wouldn't turn into the kind of posts I write here on the forums.
Not-so-sad panda
Rusalka

Postby Rusalka » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:35 am

Looks like we have the whole thing almost planned :)

We could let 1 testimonial per char added every 100 days. Newborn characters would have to wait 100 days for their first submission.

What about adding translation?
CrashBlizz

Postby CrashBlizz » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:16 pm

Rusalka wrote:We could let 1 testimonial per char added every 100 days. Newborn characters would have to wait 100 days for their first submission.

Wouldn't per player be better? Its a lot less moderation to have to go through. And the 'event' is likely going to be better (so better for marketing) if you have to just pick one out of all your charries.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:57 pm

Some players probably have dozens of great stories. Limiting it to one per player would be a big loss I think. Players that haven't done much wont bother to type anything serious in anyways.
Rusalka

Postby Rusalka » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:15 pm

I would also add voting on stories. So the great ones would be on top.
Cdls

Postby Cdls » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:17 pm

Wow, this is probably one of the best suggestions I have seen (read)in a long time(regarding Cantr), and to add to the voting idea, maybe the highest voted submissions can be placed in the Webzine for future publishing's?
Cogliostro

Postby Cogliostro » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:26 am

This suggestion is simply superior.
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Postby Greek » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:43 pm

I'm for that idea, but I think they should be moderated before publishing. It's too risky to let anybody insert something which would be visible for possible new players.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’

Return to “Likely Suggestions”