Front page: human-updated log of recent changes, additions.

Threads moved from Suggestions for suggestions that are likely, but are awaiting approval and implementation.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Rebma

Postby Rebma » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:29 am

Peanut wrote:Wouldn't a forum post suffice?

Or use the ingame announcements to announce new additions perhaps?

That's what I said, a forum topic only staff can post in, that's accesible from a link on main page.

Ingame announcements are good yes, but I think he was referring more to people coming to check out the main page and seeing the link for New Changes or whatever and going "Oh, wow! They're constantly working with the players and game community to add new features to enhance this game!"
kronos wrote:like a nice trim is totally fine. short, neat. I don't want to be fighting through the forests of fangorn and expecting treebeard to come and show me the way in
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:51 am

Rebma19 wrote:

That's what I said, a forum topic only staff can post in, that's accesible from a link on main page.

Ingame announcements are good yes, but I think he was referring more to people coming to check out the main page and seeing the link for New Changes or whatever and going "Oh, wow! They're constantly working with the players and game community to add new features to enhance this game!"

Which is currently a problem that seems to be slowly fixing itself due to "competition".

I, again, "vote" Yes and would like to see more things "on the main page" that are a little more "appealing" and less "wow, WTF is this".
Elros

Postby Elros » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:54 am

Rebma19 wrote:

I think a forum thread that only staff could post in would work.

I do not think we should send in game messages because they would clutter the crap out of the game since we add items and make changes all the time. I have added about 9 items in the last week or two just myself, and Piscator has done a lot of stuff too.
Every action has a consequence.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:48 pm

Anything automated can't be used, because I'm sure there's some changes we don't want the players knowing about.

Just thought I'd toss that in.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Elros

Postby Elros » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:53 am

Doug R. wrote:Anything automated can't be used, because I'm sure there's some changes we don't want the players knowing about.

Yeah exactly. The trend here though was simply for a staff updated log for players to see. Only stuff that staff wanted them to know about would be added, and no players could post on it.
Caesar
Location: The Netherlands, Europe, Earth, Sol, The Milkyway, Our Galaxy, Time & Space

Postby Caesar » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:31 am

Elros wrote:
Doug R. wrote:Anything automated can't be used, because I'm sure there's some changes we don't want the players knowing about.

Yeah exactly. The trend here though was simply for a staff updated log for players to see. Only stuff that staff wanted them to know about would be added, and no players could post on it.

So... What is staff doing behind our backs?
- Every person lost in war is two too many.
- Respect comes from two sides and must be earned. Nobody has the right to it because of a title, sex, age, race or birth.
- What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
- I believe in True Love, do you?
Elros

Postby Elros » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:35 am

Caesar wrote:
Elros wrote:

So... What is staff doing behind our backs?

lol, nothing really... :roll:

Just kidding. There are just certain things that is best the players do not know because they could exploit them for their advantage instead of playing the game the way it is meant to be... Hard to explain.

There aren't eny flying cars or UFO's in the game that you don't know about though. ;)
Andu

Postby Andu » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:33 pm

Support this idea.
"An those with little fuel, could tie a pack of bears in front of their limousine, with whip and crossbow in hands to keep them in line."
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:35 am

I quite like this suggestion. I'll move it to accepted and it should be included when we replace the front page anyway (I designed a new one ages ago and it is still not there :) ... and I can't find my design at the moment :( ...) I'll do this as soon as I have time to do some programming.
Elros

Postby Elros » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:22 pm

Jos Elkink wrote:I quite like this suggestion. I'll move it to accepted and it should be included when we replace the front page anyway (I designed a new one ages ago and it is still not there :) ... and I can't find my design at the moment :( ...) I'll do this as soon as I have time to do some programming.

Awesome, Thanks. :)
Andu

Postby Andu » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:49 am

Jos Elkink wrote:I quite like this suggestion. I'll move it to accepted and it should be included when we replace the front page anyway (I designed a new one ages ago and it is still not there :) ... and I can't find my design at the moment :( ...) I'll do this as soon as I have time to do some programming.

*bows to the great Jos*The Jos have spoken!
"An those with little fuel, could tie a pack of bears in front of their limousine, with whip and crossbow in hands to keep them in line."
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Re: Front page: human-updated log of recent changes, additions.

Postby Greek » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:49 pm

Hmmm, we have twitter feed on the front page. Is it enough to say it's implemented?
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
EchoMan

Re: Front page: human-updated log of recent changes, additio

Postby EchoMan » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:57 am

If someone would just use it too... :)
Andu

Re: Front page: human-updated log of recent changes, additio

Postby Andu » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:04 am

I suggest we include dates in the updates, so it doesn't look we got the new frontpage up and running today, and so you can have a idea of when the updates were made.

Return to “Likely Suggestions”