Garage

Threads moved from Suggestions for suggestions that are likely, but are awaiting approval and implementation.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Stormoffires

Postby Stormoffires » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:06 pm

amen to that! hehe I cant wait to see um in there ^_^

~Storm~
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:42 pm

Merged from: Vehicles and Ships
ST.George wrote:I would like Cantrians be able to move land vehicles such as bikes, or cars aboard some ships. This will require:

1. Having coaster harbour.
2. Building garage doors in coaster harbour.

Code: Select all

Object:          Garage door
Time to build:   5-10 days
Resources:       1500g iron, 500g steel
Tools:           hammer
Allows moving vehicle into the building

3. Moving vehicle to coaster harbour.
4. Moving (docking?) vehicle on ship.

What do you think about it?

Side question: Is there any diffrence between words "ship" and "vessel"? According to Langenscheidt`s Polish-English dictionary, they booth describe the same thing. If so, why do you have two diffrent words describing the one term? ;)
wojd wrote:Maybe better will be new kind of ships?

Transport

2000 g steel
2000 g iron
6000 g wood

15 days
hammer, screwdriver

Can transport 10 people or 2 vehices and 2 people

Can dock everywhere - so this not need changes in dockable buildings

I think it's an issue of programming, rather than what it would require to make something to do it. Vehicles are, I assume, only limited to outdoor locations at the moment, and something extra would have to be added to be able to drag them indoors.

As for 'ship' and 'vessel' - vessel can mean ship, as in a boat, in English, it can also be used to mean a container of any kind - land or sea, big or small (i.e: drinking vessel = cup)
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
lost_b0y

Re: Garages and Sea Transport

Postby lost_b0y » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:13 am

nitefyre wrote:If vehicles (i.e. the assortment of bikes) were able to be stored in buildings (garages), it will open up more tactical oppurtunities and possibilities. For instance, should a vehicle be marked as 'hot' (i.e. stolen), it could be obscured and hidden indoors..

This might be a new suggestion but how about being able to paint or disguise a stolen car so that someone who has seen marked it as stolen is not able to see its stolen still...but it would be nice if there was still some way you could proove its really stolen....any ideas?
Howdy...er...How de do?
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:38 pm

Just resuggesting an important idea. I know it's been talked about before but nothing's happened so resuggestion time! XD :D
Nakranoth's "evil" character says:
"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

http://www.sylorn.com - Free MMORPG in development.. need help.
Octavio

Postby Octavio » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:57 pm

This is being discussed by the ProgD.
Moved to accepted.
Carpe Diem
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 pm

Bump-a-de-bump-a-bumparoodledee

Vehicles onto ships...
For all you exploration and mapping needs...
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
Sicofonte

Postby Sicofonte » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:40 pm

OEOEOE!

:D
Tyche es una malparida. Espero que Ramnus y Pluto intervengan... o no :P
Sicofonte

Postby Sicofonte » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:40 pm

Sicofonte wrote:OEOEOE!

EDIT: I meant, I want this too!
Tyche es una malparida. Espero que Ramnus y Pluto intervengan... o no :P
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:43 pm

Oggy Oggy Oggy
Sicofonte wrote:OEOEOE!

If I ever have kids (which I won't) and if they ever go to scouts (which I won;t let them) then I would disown them...
Ergh...
The only thing worse than scouts are Army young cadets...
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:46 pm

Please don't chat in the suggestions forums
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:22 pm

Because I'm naive enough to assume that my bar-stool programmer suggestion for implementation hasn't been considered already, I'm gonna post it here.

I imagine the number 1 issue of putting vehicles into buildings/boats is that vehicles.

So. An added button when inside the vehicle, which requires the person who activates it to have a key which mathces the vehcile lock (or can be done by anyone if no lock is present).

This 'packs' the vehicle for transport/storage. The vehicle is changed from a location to an object, of the same weight as the vehcile.

Anything inside the vehicle upon packing gets dumped outside the vehicle.

The fuel tank gets emptied too, and dumped outside the vehicle.

This object can then be pushed/pulled into/out of boats and 'unpacked' via the object 'use' button at any time.

Somehow the object would have to save properties of the lock numbers and degrade status, and dynamic names...
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:43 pm

Far too complicated :)

vehicles are locations as are buildings , towns and interior rooms and thus they don't need converting to another type of object - we already have code for handling objects withing locations within locations etc - We effectively have vehicles within locations already when boats dock to other boats

It's basically just a land movement issue where the vehicle moves from one parent location to another. There are some weight calculation issues but these are minor (internal rooms don't count towards building capacity, vehicles and their contents will have to - as boats currently do). That said the most complex routines (and longest) are the movement between locations code .
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:34 pm

Posts from a duplicate thread - Towing vehicles using other vehicles is really an extension of the idea of Garages.

deadboy wrote: Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:13 pm Post subject: Towing vehicles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just thought about this when I had to make two long trips just to collect my bike. How about being able to tow vehicles with other vehicles?

BENEFITS: When fuel is implemented, ones that run out of fuel in the middle of no-where can eb towed back home

If a vehicle is left in a location someone can come along in a vehicle and take it away, instead of two people having to come

You could "steal" people's vehicles away when they arn't looking, and pick the locks in small locations where they arn't going to care

HOW IT WOULD WORK: Just like docking, only larger vehicles can drag smaller ones, and it would effect their speed (And therefore *Sigh* make them less fuel efficient)

Racetyme wrote: Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:19 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think to make it fair you would have to have the key to the smaller vehicle to attach it to the larger vehicle, just like with boats where you have to attach the smaller vehicle to the larger, not vice versa. If we do that, then I love it.

the_antisocial_hermit wrote: Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:26 pm Post subject:

Yea, I agree with that. Either have a key or it has to be unlocked/have no lock.
Stormoffires

Postby Stormoffires » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:05 am

I've been pushing this for the last 3 yrs :) kinda went dorment on it as it wasnt being accepted. I am still for buildings to store vechials, and boats to carry vechials

~storm~
cantrian from around day 300.
Zisrith

Indoor parking or garages

Postby Zisrith » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:58 pm

If there was a new kind of extension with a big door like a garage, you could park vehicles inside. Or perhaps an operation could be done on an existing extension to put in a garage door, making it possible to park your vehicle(s) inside.
The idea came to me when I saw what I initially thought was a vehicle arriving in town and enter a bunch of buildings. It turned out to be someone I couldn't remember meeting.
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Return to “Likely Suggestions”