Heavy objects

Threads moved from Suggestions for suggestions that are likely, but are awaiting approval and implementation.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:31 pm

Not to pull this farther off topic, but there is a technical reason keeping furniture stationary. Current coding does not allow us to have moveable resting furniture (which is why we don't have sleeping bags implemented). Until there is a way to lock the machine so that it can not be used to initiate unlimited resting projects, we will have to live with chairs and beds being fused to the floor.

We could unlock the decorative and storage furniture without too much issue, though I don't want to see armoires being used for backpacks. ;)
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
Nosajimiki

Postby Nosajimiki » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:48 am

Someone needs to read some 8-bit Theatre :wink: :lol:
#004400 is my favorite color.
kicking jay

Re: Heavy objects

Postby kicking jay » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:03 am

D: accepted for seven years and still not implemented! I was just about to suggest this.
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Re: Heavy objects

Postby Greek » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:28 am

It's slowly becoming implemented. When I touch some pieces of code, then I remember to take heavy objects into account. But it'll be really hard to get to the moment, when I'll be able to say "Ok, it's completely ready and objects like that can now be introduced", because it's very hard to make sure that every case is handled.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’

Return to “Likely Suggestions”