Guns (Duplicate Thread Reject)

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

MrPenguin589

Guns (Duplicate Thread Reject)

Postby MrPenguin589 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:54 pm

Before you lock this thread, at least read it. None of the other suggestions were exactly like this.

Guns will be powerful, yes, but not too powerful. They can do a significant amount of damage, but not as much as an expert swordsman can do. For example and expert with a sabre can do 50+ damage. Guns should be made to do a smaller amount. Let's use 40 as our hypothetical damage rate. But one thing. Guns will always do about the same damage, no matter who uses them. The most they can do could be like 50. The least they can do is about 30. It will only vary that much, as you could hit a non-vital part or a vital part of the body. The skill levels will determine how likely it is to hit someone.

Awkward: 10%
Novice: 25%
Efficient: 50%
Skilled: 75%
Expert 90%

Also, guns will need multiple parts (stock, barrel, trigger, hammer, etc.) and will require two new resources: gunpowder (or whatever it is made of) and flint.
There will also be two seperate objects. Gun. Loaded Gun. Loaded Gun can be used as a weapon once. After that, one must do a project to load it again (gunpowder, flint, bullet). The project will not take long. A minute at most. Perhaps instantaneous.

1690-4: You see a man in his thirties shoot a man in his twenties using a Loaded Gun.
1690-4: You see a man in his thirties load a Gun.
1690-4: You are shot by a man in his thirties. You lose 40 health. Your shield was ineffective against the blow.

It should also be made so that guns guns destroy weak shield, such as bone and wood, but have a small chance of being reflected by an iron shield.

You could also apply the loaded and unloaded weapon things to bows and crossbows.
All of my endings are waiting to begin.
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:55 pm

you already posted this somewhere else or stole it from somewhere else, im sure ive read it before
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:58 pm

Ah here it is, on the weapons and protection suggestion

Here is my complete gun suggestion:

Gune will be powerful, yes, but not too powerful. They can do a significant amount of damage, but not as much as an expert swordsman can do. For example and expert with a sabre can do 50+ damage. Guns should be made to do a smaller amount. Let's use 40 as our hypothetical damage rate But one thing. Guns will always do the same damage, no matter who uses them. The most they can do is 40. The least they can do is 40. The skill levels will determine how likely it is to hit someone.
Awkward: 10%
Novice: 25%
Efficient: 50%
Skilled: 75%
Expert 90%

Also, guns will need multiple parts (stock, barrel, trigger, hammer, etc.) and will require two new resources: gunpowder (or whatever it is made of) and flint.
There will also be two seperate objects. Gun. Loaded Gun. Loaded Gun can be used as a weapon once. After that, one must do a project to load it again (gunpowder, flint, bullet). The project will not take long. A minute at most.

1690-4: You see a man in his thirties shoot a man in his twenties using a Loaded Gun.
1690-4: You see a man in his thirties load a Gun.
1690-4: You are shot by a man in his thirties. You lose 40 health. Your shield was ineffective against the blow.

It should also be made so that guns guns destroy weak shield, such as bone and wood, but have a small chance of being reflected by an iron shield.

Now THAT is a good suggestion, wouldn't you agree?
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
Sho

Postby Sho » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:38 pm

Deadboy, please use the "quote" function - it took me a few minutes to figure out what you meant.
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:31 pm

I cant figure out how to qoute onto a different thread...
Sho

Postby Sho » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:45 pm

Copy and paste, then put quote tags around it - the easy way to do that is to highlight the text, then press the "Quote" button.
Phalynx

Postby Phalynx » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:07 am

Still ratboy is right it doesnt deserve its own thread!
R.I.P:
Blake Stone, Jizz Bucket, Patterson Queasley, Billy Sherwood, Chavlet D'Arcy, Johnson.
MrPenguin589

Postby MrPenguin589 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:18 am

Nick wrote:I'm quite sure this is a topic the RD made to introduce new database entries for names of weapons and corresponding damages.
Guns or anything else that requires more programming probably deserve their own topic.
Phalynx

Postby Phalynx » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:20 am

Pwned.. :(
R.I.P:

Blake Stone, Jizz Bucket, Patterson Queasley, Billy Sherwood, Chavlet D'Arcy, Johnson.
Solutions Maximus

Postby Solutions Maximus » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:51 am

I think artillery (cannons, catapults, trebuchets, etc.) would be interesting as far as warfare and strategy goes. I don't know how well something like this could be programmed but here are my ideas as to artillery.

Cannons could be build using iron, wood, and possibly gunpowder. These cannons would be able to attack ships that are within docking distance. They could also be put on boats to attack towns within docking distance. When fired, these shot would hit somewhere in the town and do a certain amount of damage to buildings and/or people.

This would also make ship-to-ship combat more interesting. When fired, the shots would do a certain damage to the other ship and possibly damage some of the crew as well.

Of course, to keep these weapons from becoming too powerful, the accuracy would be horrible, possibly 20% or less depending on the amount of damage that the weapons do. These cannons would have to be used by two or three people, making them like projects. It would take a certain amount of time for them to be fired and a certain amount of time for them to be refired.

Any thoughts?
"Turn on, tune in, and drop out."
Pie

Postby Pie » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:43 am

First of all.. HALO ROCKS MAN!!! I AM TOTALY INSULTED BY YOU'R SIGNATURE!!! DEATH TO YOU!!!! :wink:

Secont, i think that this has alredy been sugestid.. but.. eh, what de heck, ile go along with it.

Actually, i like that idea. Catapults, you see, should be faster relode time, but less distance. With catapults, it should be able to kill multapal people in a row, an injure a few after that.

You see a canon ball blow into a man in his twentys and take his head of.
You see a canon ball blow into a man in his twentys and take his leg of
You are hit by a canon ball and get your brains blown out.

...... ok, yes it is bloody, but JUST LOOK AT THE CIVAL WAR!!!

As for persintage, it should go like this. you see, if there is 1 building, there is a 20% chance of hitting it. if there are 2 bildings, 25% chance and so on and so forth until you have a 60% chance of hitting a building, and of course, there is a 100% chance of hitting that building(If a building is hit) and 50 for 2 bildings, 33 for 3, 25 for 4 and so on, and also, when the canon ball hits the bilding, if the building holds somthing flamabal, the building will go up in flames, witch will look like this.(Yes, it is backwards, i dont CARE!! lOOK AT IT ANYWAY!!!! :p )

You see "the crooked poker player(A ship)" shoot at "clikes mantion"
you see "clike's mantion" burst into flame.
You see Clike trough a buket of whater onto flame, turning chance of mantion being distroyd into 70% unstead of 90%.
you see "Clikes mantion" burn to the ground.

As you see, it's all about persintadge. After 1 day, the mantion will burn to the ground(if it hasent alredy gone out)AND its about how much.... you know what, I'm just going to let the progD figure it out.
Pnumerical Intuitiong Engyn
Paranormal Investigation Exorsism
Porcupine Interspecies Extra_poison
Pick In Enter

... The headquarters of P.I.E.!!!
MrPenguin589

Postby MrPenguin589 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:52 am

Pie. I'm talking about small arms, not artillery. Or fire. Or burning buildings. Or people losing limbs. Or people putting out the previously stated fires.
Pie

Postby Pie » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:02 am

I know, but somone els stated cannons, and then i got into it... and then this mess happened.*He jestures to the forum around him*
Pnumerical Intuitiong Engyn

Paranormal Investigation Exorsism

Porcupine Interspecies Extra_poison

Pick In Enter

... The headquarters of P.I.E.!!!
Coramon

Postby Coramon » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:36 am

Cannons and trebuchets, would be great for a larger scale game. But lets face it, its not realistic. Trebuchets required like a 12 man team to work, and they would be doing massive damage. To a scale with 'ricochet' damage etc. Also, we should remember how pointless it would be to use a trebuchet against a 10 man army (or so.) That would mean you would need approximately 12 men to man the trebuchet, and a few men to stand guard. With numbers like that you could defeat them w/out the whole trebuchet. Finally, the charachters using the trebuchets would not be able to fight. Ever see somebody lift a 4000 pound rock and stab somebody at the same time? Plus we would need castles for a point..... yeah...
Wolf wrote:Hm... MTV Deathmatch: Caveman Clobbering?
Or... do they end up forming the local caveman union?
Nalaris

Postby Nalaris » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:49 pm

Cannons would be more realistic. But hey, since when is Cantr realistic? And instead of a trebuchet, how about a plain old, three man catapult? Good way to take annoying terrorists.
In the below example,Clyde's house is inhabited by three terrorists who killed Clyde.

You see The Fist of Death (catapult) hit Clyde's House
You see Clyde's House collapse
You see a man in his twenties die due to his health dropping below 0
You see a man in his forties die due to his health dropping below 0
You see a woman in her twenties die due to his health dropping below 0
You eat 45 grams of your carrots
Clude says "Revenge!"

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”