Ergot

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Meh

Ergot

Postby Meh » Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:20 am

"psychedelic fungus infestation of european grain, not divine inspiration, is responsible for many of the "visions" so lovingly portrayed in the christian paintings of antiquity. how many people were pressed under stones or drowned or burned for satanism while those of faith were quietly tripping their brains out on bad bread? "

-from a song by Big Black

It's accurate too.

There's probally other "trippy" kinds of things for other foods.

What would trigger it? In reality it was grains that were too wet for too long. In the game, maybe just leaving it on the floor would give a percentage chance.

Results?
the key is to have only a few effects happen so the player isn't overwhlemed and figures it out too quickly. Maybe picking only one or a few specific "trips" for a player. Or maybe make it completely obvious by doing more so the chracter can just role play it and the player doesn't submit a bug report.

1) Hearing
rare in reality but funny in the game
1A) vowels have a percentage chance of being randomly reapeated for effected individuals. That works for all languages right?
1B) percent change of uncommon words repalced by "devil", "satan". Would have to be customized for laguages.
1C) "for satan" inserted at end of statement. Custmize for language
1D) Whole statements replaced with "We will take your soul <chracter true name>"
1E) Voice of God - "find the holy grail", custom for setting {Unanamed Ones etc}, or just a booming voice {a chance for the staff to have a little fun. Ability for staff to send booming messages to the trippies}

2) Seeing
more common than hearing
- buildings/peoples/invenotry/object appearing in an alternate order or missing from thier lists. Odd ones added. Including the events list.
- auto change particpation to different project.
- items counts in grams seem larger or smaller
- single items duplicated {both point to same item so if you drop it or give it you drop/give "both"}
- suddenly wind up travelling for no reason, entry/exit building for no reason
- hit person for no reason, see being hit that didn't happen
- see another player enter one building then exit from another.

3) Items
Articfacts of art appear.
Project artwork completed....a note with a factal design gif?

Mwaahahah :twisted:
Meh

Postby Meh » Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:22 am

...ooo forgot these effects can be trigger by working "too hard" in the sun...

Mwahahaha :twisted:
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:43 pm

Lool, aa veery iinteereestiing iideeaa. Soomee oof thee eeffeects might need tweeaaking, eespeciially the onees reeffeering to faiths, peerhaps more general efects for saying/hearing things raandoomly
swymir

Postby swymir » Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:26 pm

With my typing in the game everyone will think they have hearing problems. for satin.
Meh

Postby Meh » Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:16 am

So that bug the other night...

Pretty irritating but not unworkable as a player right?

The out of order one maybe be a little hard to reporduce unless...
Is there SQL that generates a random number so that evertime you went to events it was in a different order?

Then there was all the chracter tags pointing to the same person. Not devasting only slightly cripplying right. The people page was a work around for those you knew well anyway. It was just the strangers that were hard to deal with.
Last edited by Meh on Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:19 pm

yes, I like it

(BTW: top right corner of your post there is an edit button, so you can change the post)
KVZ
Players Dept. Member

Postby KVZ » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:21 am

That is sad, because it is in "rejected suggestions" now :evil: And I liked this idea :twisted:
Corruption born inside. I'm part of dark side / A.F.K. / We'll steal your dreams and control your minds
https://twitter.com/DukeKVZ / http://www.futurerp.net/pages/link.php?id=24880
Floyd

Postby Floyd » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:42 am

How could this idea get rejected?! although i'd much prefer the implementation of drugs/alcohol, then you can trip out and be Cooool at the same time :wink: :roll:
Schme wrote:We all knew it was going to happen sooner or later, and most likely sooner. When you have such a lifestyle, everyone, including yourself, knows that you are likely to die.
Stan

Postby Stan » Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:52 am

That sucks! I remember reading that one before and I thought it was hilarious.
Stan wrote:I've never said anything worth quoting.
Nick

Postby Nick » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:58 pm

I don't play Cantr because it's hilarious.
I'm glad that everyone seemed to support this (IMO bad) idea, yet the Programming Department still rejected it.
Floyd

Postby Floyd » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:36 pm

Cant say i blame them.. but it woulda been sweet...
Schme wrote:We all knew it was going to happen sooner or later, and most likely sooner. When you have such a lifestyle, everyone, including yourself, knows that you are likely to die.
Antichrist_Online

Postby Antichrist_Online » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:03 pm

I've had Ergotism and its not as fun as it sounds. You get hallucinations with no warning for weeks afterwards, vomiting and the squits.
Mistress's Puppy
Floyd

Postby Floyd » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:10 pm

What're the hallucinations like?
Antichrist_Online

Postby Antichrist_Online » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:35 pm

I tripped out in biology starting with phantom smells of chocolate. The text on the book started to move. I went home and kept thinking there was a seven foot viking beside me while I was watching Daria. Then the Einstein on my mug started to talk about general relitivity in german.
Mistress's Puppy
Floyd

Postby Floyd » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:39 pm

Hahahahaha! I want Ergotism! how did you get it?

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”