Suggestions, Suggestion

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Snake_byte

Suggestions, Suggestion

Postby Snake_byte » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:50 pm

I have a suggestion about the Suggestions Forums... mainly the "accepted and rejected". An edit button. That's it.
My old banner ;)
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:23 pm

Agreed. I was supposed to say "when some of my characters are still in fertile age" but couldn't edit in the still. Ain't that silly?
Not-so-sad panda
Anthony Roberts

Postby Anthony Roberts » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:39 am

Guess what?

REJECTED.

Only moderation over those forums will have edit buttons. Same as most other forums here. You still should be able to edit your last post, assuming no one has posted yet.

If not, then oh well. You really shouldn't be chatting in the Accepted and Rejected Suggestons forums anyway, since they've already been accepted or rejected.

Simple as that.
-- Anthony Roberts
Snake_byte

Postby Snake_byte » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:45 am

Hey Surly you have some competition...
My old banner ;)
Snake_byte

Postby Snake_byte » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:49 am

Snake_byte wrote:Hey Surly you have some competition...

Anthony wrote:You really shouldn't be chatting in the Accepted and Rejected Suggestons forums anyway

Then why are we even able to post at all in them?
So you'd rather we start a whole new thread if we have somthing to say?
Cuz if that's what you want might as well make it so that no one can post in those forums. Evertime I post it'll be a new thread.
The edit button is there to more or less fix mistakes you've made in a post...
My old banner ;)
Snake_byte

Postby Snake_byte » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:51 am

Snake_byte wrote:
Snake_byte wrote:Hey Surly you have some competition...

Anthony wrote:You really shouldn't be chatting in the Accepted and Rejected Suggestons forums anyway

Then why are we even able to post at all in them?
So you'd rather we start a whole new thread if we have somthing to say?
Cuz if that's what you want might as well make it so that no one can post in those forums. Evertime I post it'll be a new thread.
The edit button is there to more or less fix mistakes you've made in a post...

Edited *again* If there was an edit button I wouldn't have had to post three threads while trying to say one thing.
My old banner ;)
Anthony Roberts

Postby Anthony Roberts » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:54 pm

No, you can still chat in them in case you want to discuss the subject more. However, my comment is reflecting that you really SHOULDN'T be. Why? Well, it's already accepted or rejected, you really don't need to fight for or against the idea anymore, or make changes to it, because, well, it's already been reviewed.

No editing. -I- don't even have editing. Only Programming Department, as you can see on the index page.

Live with it.
-- Anthony Roberts
Snake_byte

Postby Snake_byte » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:29 pm

Are you the only one to review this suggestion?
My old banner ;)
Snake_byte

Postby Snake_byte » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:36 pm

Jos wrote:I moved it to accepted, but keep commenting - how should it be implemented?

Well Jos doesn't seem to mind us commenting on things in these forums.

Well, it's already accepted or rejected, you really don't need to fight for or against the idea anymore, or make changes to it, because, well, it's already been reviewed

people have other reasons than the only ones you can think of to edit posts. Such as spling mistake and additions to their comments.
If there was another idea or circumstance that could be added to a rejected suggestion that would make it acceptable and fun, you wouldn't want to know what it is?
My old banner ;)
Snake_byte

Postby Snake_byte » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:42 pm

Jos wrote:I moved it to accepted, but keep commenting - how should it be implemented?

Well Jos doesn't seem to mind us commenting on things in these forums.

Well, it's already accepted or rejected, you really don't need to fight for or against the idea anymore, or make changes to it, because, well, it's already been reviewed

People have other reasons than the only ones you can think of to edit posts. Such as spelling mistake and additions to their comments.
If there was another idea or circumstance that could be added to a rejected suggestion that would make it acceptable and fun, you wouldn't want to know what it is?

*Edited* Had to fix my Spelling.
My old banner ;)
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:52 pm

I think I set it to non-editing just so that people could not edit a suggestion after it was accepted and say 'see, it's accepted!' :) ... But perhaps it was a bit too strict ...
Surly

Postby Surly » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:03 pm

Shouldn't the CD also have mod. powers?

Considering that's their job...
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
Snake_byte

Postby Snake_byte » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:03 pm

Thank you :D
My old banner ;)
Anthony Roberts

Postby Anthony Roberts » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:39 pm

I tried :(
-- Anthony Roberts
Nixit

Postby Nixit » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:42 pm

Anthony Roberts wrote:No, you can still chat in them in case you want to discuss the subject more. However, my comment is reflecting that you really SHOULDN'T be. Why? Well, it's already accepted or rejected, you really don't need to fight for or against the idea anymore, or make changes to it, because, well, it's already been reviewed.

No editing. -I- don't even have editing. Only Programming Department, as you can see on the index page.

Live with it.

Actually, one thread was moved back into suggestions, I think it was the counting people one.
Just because you're older, smarter, stronger, more talented... doesn't mean you're BETTER.

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”