Ammo For Bows (duplicate)

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

C4 Dark Saint

Ammo For Bows (duplicate)

Postby C4 Dark Saint » Sun May 17, 2009 12:49 pm

You cant really use a bow in real life with out any type of projectile... correct? so in this case I think we should maybe add arrows, and bolts to the weapons.

You'll need one arrow (bolt) for each time you attack. included for hunting too. There can be many different types of arrows or bolts for more damage. Plus you can add something new to the game.

Here are some of the objects used to make different arrows:

bone arrowhead: 10 grams of small bone. knife
stone arrowhead:10 grams of stone. hammer and chisel
iron arrowhead:10 grams of iron. Steel flatter
steel arrowhead:10 grams of steel. Steel flatter
poison arrowhead:10 grams of steel, 5 grams of poison. Steel flatter
arrow Shaft:20 grams of wood. Knife

The better each arrow is the more damage it does. No a whole lot more, just maybe 3 or 4 damage more then the other. The poison can deal a small amount of damage over time till it either fades away or you use an antidote.

I was thinking for different types of bolts too like:

iron bolt
steel bolt
barbed tip bolt
poison bolt

Well I think I covered all I had to say.. if I missed anything, or you want to improve it... please feel free to say something.
What is a hero in the eyes of today's world?
joo

Postby joo » Sun May 17, 2009 1:14 pm

This has been suggested several times before -- but there is one thing I wonder about. When you say "5 grams of poison", how do you imagine this poison would be procured?
C4 Dark Saint

Postby C4 Dark Saint » Sun May 17, 2009 1:18 pm

oh, and idk... I was thinking a certain mixture of herbs and ingredients.
What is a hero in the eyes of today's world?
Gran

Postby Gran » Sun May 17, 2009 1:46 pm

I think that there is no resource that could be used to yield poison. Only if you try to take it from snakes.
"Navegar é preciso; viver não é preciso"
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Sun May 17, 2009 4:36 pm

Here's the original thread: http://forum.cantr.org/viewtopic.php?t=2946

Ah yes, and here's the one about poison: http://forum.cantr.org/viewtopic.php?t=1321
Pretty in pink.
Drael

Postby Drael » Wed May 20, 2009 7:54 am

Ranged weapons are already a little underpowered compared with real life (no extra range, some attack ratings are a little low) IMO. Adding ammo, would just make less people use them.

In principle i support the idea, because its realistic and any realism added to cantr would be great. Unfortunately it would require IMO tinkering with other aspects of the combat system to make it balance, in this case, prolly adding some kind of actual range effect...

Im not against that either, to me, a little more complexity in combat would add to warfare strategies, culture and to RP of combat oriented characters. However, im told that the cantr designers wish to keep combat strategies, and im not even sure how theyd add range to it..

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”