Change your OOC violation policy

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

fuschyou

Change your OOC violation policy

Postby fuschyou » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:58 pm

If you suspect someone of OOC violating, do not lock their account. Only lock it if they are found to be guilty of OOC violating. My account is locked right now because of some BS charge of suspicion of cheating and I did nothing wrong, but I can't play because they locked my account. Change your policy.
Yömyssy

Postby Yömyssy » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:24 pm

I agree. Innocent until proven guilty etc.
marol

Postby marol » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:29 pm

It is current policy.

Yömyssy, do you really think 1MB avatar is a good idea?
(SRVPRC)
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:11 am

No.... I agree, lock the account until things are cleared... unfortunately a few innocents get thier account locked.. and it is hard to accept.. but think about it... they do NOT lock an account without considerable information..

Look at it this way... maybe it is your charri being cheated against? and he/she is about to die or lose everything they have because of the cheating... if they leave the account open, your charri dies, is devistated..whatever.... by locking the account.. you atleast stand a chance...

PD is ~not~ out to ~get~ anyone.. they are honest and fair people.. they have an underpaying job to do, and they do it to the best of thier abilities...... GIVE 'EM A BREAK!!!!!

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
DELGRAD

Postby DELGRAD » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:42 am

Yömyssy wrote:I agree. Innocent until proven guilty etc.

You see someone that may be killing someone. You let them continue?
The evidence is enough to hold (lock account) someone untill cleared of charges.

Sunni Daez wrote:No.... I agree, lock the account until things are cleared... unfortunately a few innocents get thier account locked.. and it is hard to accept.. but think about it... they do NOT lock an account without considerable information..

Look at it this way... maybe it is your charri being cheated against? and he/she is about to die or lose everything they have because of the cheating... if they leave the account open, your charri dies, is devistated..whatever.... by locking the account.. you atleast stand a chance...

PD is ~not~ out to ~get~ anyone.. they are honest and fair people.. they have an underpaying job to do, and they do it to the best of thier abilities...... GIVE 'EM A BREAK!!!!!

I agree.
I had my account locked once and for good reason. Accounts are not locked for the fun of it.

PD gets paid? OOOO let me get a PlayersDept position so I can quit my job.
That last bit was sarcasm if there was any confusion by anyone.
Last edited by DELGRAD on Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Science teacher: "good morning class"
students groan
Science teacher: "Today we will be learning about intelligent design"
Little Billy: "OH GOD"

First quoted in the NationStates forum on 10/14/05.

http://washingtonvil.myminicity.com
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:04 am

Sure they get paid... with ridicule and sarcasm....
I have been ivestigated... alot of people have. ((even if they refuse to admitt it.)) doesn't mean we did a terrible thing...but rules are rules... They (PD) are always polite to me, and I to them.. things get resolved quicker that way... and puts an end to a not so sunni situation... Patients and kindness go a long way. :)

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
rconley

Postby rconley » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:46 am

The Players Department is not there to make anyone's lives harder or to make the game less enjoyable for anyone. We do a job to make sure that the game is played fairly by all so that no one person gains an unfair advantage over another. Keep in mind that PD is voluntary and we do the best we can to make sure that players can enjoy a fair game. This is not an easy task with as many players as there are in the game and as many different areas and language groups as there are.

Account locks can be for many purposes. To protect the characters of the player involved, to protect someone else's if you are the one in the wrong, or maybe even simply to pause gameplay until an invesigation can be completed on a major CRB. There are any number of other reasons as well. Pd policy on account locks will not change. We will always do what is in the best interest of ALL players involved including in the best interest of the player under investigation.

It is a very simple thing to reply to a message you receive on the in game system but many disregard, ignore or delete them thinking the issue will go away. It won't. If you find your account locked, you will recieve a message from staff as to why your account is locked or asking a question to resolve the issue. The simplest and quickest way to work towards getting your account unlocked is to deal with the Players Department messages directly. Do not discuss case issues on the open forums. PD will not discuss them there and PD will not allow them to be discussed there either. Choosing to bring a case on the opens forums forces the PD to concentrate their time on the forums moderating rather than in the case where we need to be. Be cooperative and polite, answer any questions we may have honestly so that the investigation can go quickly and smoothly. Keep in mind that the Players Department sometimes gets just as frustrated as the player involved in the incident. We are not the most liked staff department as you know. It is not "fun" for us to lock an account. It is not something we enjoy. It is something that is sometimes necessary but we would rather avoid. Accounts are locked for a purpose until a situation is handled appropriately and fairly for all involved.

No PD staff member will discuss cases on the open forums however, I am available through the forums by Private message as is any pd member, or we can be contacted at support email address : Image on PD issues. You can also reply to the in game messages sent to you in order to get through to the individual PD staff member handling your case. I am also more than willing to meet and chat with a player one on one if they feel it necessary or want to do so. I can be found MOST of the time in the IRC as well. The players department is not here to make your life miserable and we are more than willing to help a player sort out an issue as quickly as possible. It is simply that much quicker and easier to resolve an issue with a little bit of player cooperation.
Yömyssy

Postby Yömyssy » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:46 am

Sunni Daez wrote: Look at it this way... maybe it is your charri being cheated against? and he/she is about to die or lose everything they have because of the cheating... if they leave the account open, your charri dies, is devistated..whatever.... by locking the account.. you atleast stand a chance...

Or then your char is dying and then they lock your account because you "might" be cheating and then your char dies while you can't run away or fight back.

I'm not saying that any of the departments in the game would be doing a bad job and neither do I want to put any pressure on them. But locking an account because someone "might" be cheating can be read in many ways.. It can be abusing your powers, it can be making sure the guy doesn't cheat, etc.etc.
Sicofonte

Postby Sicofonte » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:10 am

I have been investigated by many different PD members (Sarah Colins, John Tsai, Randi Conley, Rafael Ramil, and more) and all of them have asked first and shoot only after the reply (in fact, they have never shoot).

And as far as I know, they only lock an account when all the proofs tells that the player IS a cheater and deserves it.

Moreover, I think that the locking of an account is never preventive, but reactive.

Fuschyou, fuschyou, for sure that you have done bad things, and now you have what you deserve.

Yömyssy, for sure that your avatar should be banned.
Tyche es una malparida. Espero que Ramnus y Pluto intervengan... o no :P
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:39 am

PM Chris Johnson. For about 7 months I've intended to but never could be bothered due to the nature of his name (even tho it was a simple copy/paste).

It does exceed the 1meg allowance, too, I tested it.
Nakranoth's "evil" character says:
"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

http://www.sylorn.com - Free MMORPG in development.. need help.
Yömyssy

Postby Yömyssy » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:46 am

marol wrote:Yömyssy, do you really think 1MB avatar is a good idea?

You got a point there.. I think 10mb would be better
marol

Postby marol » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:23 pm

Some people say - the bigger avatar is, the smaller ****** of the owner is. Did you ever hear about netiquete?
(SRVPRC)

Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:47 pm

Please keep avatar sizes to under 100kb - Yömyssy - I've removed your avatar -if you want to use another ensure it is small enough.
Yömyssy

Postby Yömyssy » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:49 pm

sorry marol, never heard that one or well any of avatar metaphores. And that sounds almost as mature as a bunch of 10 year-old kids standing in a circle around a smaller kid who has a earring and then the kids in the circle say that "gay people wear earrings" and then they point at the other kid and laugh.

(and FYI, no I'm not taking comparisons from my own life and even if you'd try to say that I am -what I'm sure you would have done, if I havent written this segment- I would've just told you, hiding it into hard comparisons as I did just now, that you need to grow up.)
marol

Postby marol » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:55 pm

You got a point there.. I think 10mb would be better - that was definetly mature. Like child asked to be quiet screaming louder.

I put asterisks, so you could substitute it with whatever you wanted. What metaphore you've chosen is your problem, not mine.

EOT.
(SRVPRC)

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”