parascope

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Pie

parascope

Postby Pie » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:09 am

OH MY GOSH!!!

I just had this awesome idea, after an Incident with pirates. As we all know, when you have pirates about, you cant be staying outside on youre boat for to long, and this isn't good, becaus often you have to be able to see what's happening. so, I came up with this idea to have a parascope, or a window to be able to see outside the cabin. I think that is an awesome idea, but then again, i'm me. xp. So, add youre comments, if I get accepted I will move this to RD forum. (and no, hermi, don't steal this. xp (J/k)

so, to reitorate, in cace I was confusing in that last paragraph, I want a way to be able to see, when you are inside of a cabin. So, I thought that we should have a parascope, or be able to have windows in cabins when windows are made.

fair 'nuff.
Pnumerical Intuitiong Engyn
Paranormal Investigation Exorsism
Porcupine Interspecies Extra_poison
Pick In Enter

... The headquarters of P.I.E.!!!
Nakranoth

Postby Nakranoth » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:24 am

Things of this exacy same nature have been suggested several times before... I think the main issue here is coding issues...
Scratch and sniff text
Vindalf

Postby Vindalf » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:56 am

I think this is a reasonable suggestion, not upsetting the game balance. And I'd go for a window.

A window could be built in a "basic" building (i.e. not in an extension), requiring window glass and some tools. When you "use window", you'll see the people outside, but you can't talk to them or give them things. You can point at them, but that will only be seen by people in the same location as you. I think you shouldn't be able to read notes out there, or even see any objects. It also would be easier to implement if you couldn't see other buildings or transports of any sort from your window, but that's harder to justify.

Now, this will need an amount of coding, as Nakranoth points out, so we'll see Coding Dept. says.

yours
/Vindalf
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:05 am

Reasonable it may be but it's a duplicate suggestion - moved to rejected suggestions

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”