Suggestion for Sign Name Changes - Duplicate of accepted

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Dagstyle

Suggestion for Sign Name Changes - Duplicate of accepted

Postby Dagstyle » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:05 am

I've been playing the game for about half a year now (though I've never posted here) and one thing that struck me strongly was the simple fact that sign names can never, ever be changed. This can be a real pain at times, and it'd be great if somehow at least the creator of a vehicle or building could change the name of their signs. :idea:
Dreamhand

Postby Dreamhand » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:52 am

Or just make it a 2 or 3 day project (or more) with certain tools (a chisel for stone markers and buildings, a knife for wood, and a soldering iron for metal). Make it work like breaking a lock, where everyone can see or hear it. I know it could play havoc on "ownership" of such things, but it DOES make a certain amount of sense.

And I've seen some markers that REALLY need to be changed. There's one in the Pok South Mountains that reads "Can somebody tell me where I can find food". A Stone Marker, fer cryin' out loud. :roll:
Dreamhand
===============================
Age and cunning will win out over youthful enthusiasm every time.
DELGRAD

Postby DELGRAD » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:41 am

Vehicle names should never been able to be changed. The name of a pirate ship for example.

Names for buildings yes.

Tools no more than a knife a hammer and resource wood.

As for landmarks, they should be able to be destroyed.
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:49 am

Signs were only introduced 3 to 4 weeks ago for this very purpose and the ability to add additional ones, remove, rename and reorder will be implemented very soon .

I've moved this to rejected suggestions as it's a duplicate of an accepted and soon to be implemented suggestion

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”