Acting Theaters

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Mr. Bones

Acting Theaters

Postby Mr. Bones » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:57 pm

I would like to see acting theaters added to the game. Local playwrights could entertain us with their well written stories. There could be like a curtain for when the scenes change that conceals the actors from the audience and maybe a setting function where a new a setting and the characters and their locations/actions can be explained when the curtains open or during a scene if a new character appears while it's taking place.
Marian

Postby Marian » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:11 pm

A char that writes plays and runs a theater is one thing I've always wanted to have, I was going ot try it once but then they spawned in an area where it just wouldn't work out. And now I'll have to wait till one of my current ones die since I'm not going above ten again...

So yes, I'd like to see someone start a theater in game, but I still I don't see why a regular building wouldn't work just fine. Curtains would be a nice addition to the furniture list though...
Phalynx

Postby Phalynx » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:21 pm

Street Theatre is best, and in keeping with the feel of cantr too.

BTW this does not mean I want a 'doin' a play' project!
R.I.P:
Blake Stone, Jizz Bucket, Patterson Queasley, Billy Sherwood, Chavlet D'Arcy, Johnson.
Marian

Postby Marian » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:28 pm

We've got everything we need for a play or performace now, all it woudl take is somebody with a little creativity to pull it off. And of course a lot of patience since it might take awhile to find anyone who actually cares.

Still, like I said, curtains are something we need just as furniture in general, and also some kind of stage that can be built out or indoors would be great. It'd be a furniture item that could hold several people.

That would be something nice for concerts to. Also executions.
Mr. Bones

Postby Mr. Bones » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:41 pm

Buildings that already exist would be good I guess. Maybe a stage with a concealing curtain and a small room for actors(in other acts)to hide. It could be visible but seperate to the other occupants in the room. Like when you click events it could say "You see so and so, so and so, and so and so on stage. The play name and actors and all that could be just put on a program we could do that.
Mr. Bones

Postby Mr. Bones » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:52 pm

Marian wrote:We've got everything we need for a play or performace now, all it woudl take is somebody with a little creativity to pull it off. And of course a lot of patience since it might take awhile to find anyone who actually cares.
I don't know the entertainment choices in Cantr are'nt exactly outstanding.
Mr. Bones

Postby Mr. Bones » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:40 pm

Mr. Bones wrote:Buildings that already exist would be good I guess. Maybe a stage with a concealing curtain and a small room for actors(in other acts)to hide. It could be visible but seperate to the other occupants in the room. Like when you click events it could say "You see so and so, so and so, and so and so on stage. The play name and actors and all that could be just put on a program we could do that.

Er Cantr staff I apologize for my extensive greed, I'll take what I can get. :D
Schme

Postby Schme » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:52 pm

It's probably be better to do street theater like he said, although you and another person would have to be online at the same time. Just write and script, and there you are.

Nobody's going to stop work to go inside to see a play, unfortunatly. I honestly don't see why you'd need a curtain. You could just go *Backs away from the scene.*

And if you want curtains that badly, just use buildings as curtains. You can't be seen behind inside a building. Someone could knock four times on the door for you're next cue, or something.
"One death is a tragedy, a million is just statistics."
Joseph Stalin
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:58 am

Exactly, even a Longboat named 'Stage Theater' would work, as you'd see the actors enter a Stage Theater, not a longboat, so the name wouldn't matter. :P
Nakranoth's "evil" character says:
"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

http://www.sylorn.com - Free MMORPG in development.. need help.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:12 am

I propose we move this to Rejected as something too complicated and OOC-influenced, and instead start new topics for simple, related articles such as curtains and platforms. I'm all itching to start writing about them but if there's going to be separate topics, I'd better not start quite yet.
Not-so-sad panda
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:10 pm

Yes, I'll move this to rejected - theatres are a really, really cool idea for Cantr, but can be done ICly ...
Mr. Bones

Postby Mr. Bones » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:58 pm

SekoETC wrote:I propose we move this to Rejected as something too complicated and OOC-influenced, and instead start new topics for simple, related articles such as curtains and platforms. I'm all itching to start writing about them but if there's going to be separate topics, I'd better not start quite yet.

Sounds like a good idea. Just a wooden platform might suffice; like was being said above a room could be used to conceal actors.

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”