Tents -- Duplicate

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Phil

Tents -- Duplicate

Postby Phil » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:05 pm

how about we can take our home with us? or stopping to make some lunch on the way to the next town? :idea:
Tents could be made from rubber, bones and hide etc. anyway just a quick thought..sorry if it has already been mentioned...
Mykey

Postby Mykey » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:07 pm

WTF NOT? :lol:
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
NiKnight

Postby NiKnight » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:11 pm

For what do you want tent? You can't close it, you can't build any machine in...
Ni Ni Ni Ni!
Mykey

Postby Mykey » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:16 pm

rest? Why not close it? Why not lock it? Why not portable shelter? be good for weather too. I like it, and declare the author a genius, but I`m drunk so :roll:
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
Rusalka

Postby Rusalka » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:20 am

If we gonna have the weather in Cantr, it is ok.

it was mentioned before.

I'm drunk as well ;)
Artur wrote:ja chce miec fabryke i czarnuchow w niej a nie dom z ogrodkiem kurna i nie zycze sobie zeby mnie ktos pouczal o graniu w cantr qrka
Pie

Postby Pie » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:20 am

I like it.

But it won't have anything made inside of it. if you ever get portoball radios though...

(P.S. I'm NOT drunk)
Pnumerical Intuitiong Engyn
Paranormal Investigation Exorsism
Porcupine Interspecies Extra_poison
Pick In Enter

... The headquarters of P.I.E.!!!
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:24 am

thread in the suggestions forum of the same name
thread with the word tent in the title
thread suggesting tents in another form
And there are various others if you just search for the word tent.

I am moving this to rejected as a duplicate suggestion. In summary, this has not been added because it suffers from:

1) The same complications as with building demolition.
2) The same complications as with cheap buildings discussed here which consequently relies on building demolition.
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
Mykey

Postby Mykey » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:10 am

wichita wrote:thread in the suggestions forum of the same name
thread with the word tent in the title
thread suggesting tents in another form
And there are various others if you just search for the word tent.

I am moving this to rejected as a duplicate suggestion. In summary, this has not been added because it suffers from:

1) The same complications as with building demolition.
2) The same complications as with cheap buildings discussed here which consequently relies on building demolition.

Can you direct me to the explanation of these "problems", please? :D

Sho

Postby Sho » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:41 am

1. It's just not easy to code the ability to pack up or destroy a vehicle or building.

Chris Johnson wrote:RD has discussed other primitive buildings in the past including stone ones
On the surface it sounds like a good idea but there are game balance concerns - make them too easy to build and there is a proliferation of them (see mud huts and to a lesser extent shacks )

Until such time as there is a means to destroy/demolish buildings or signage I'd personally not want to see this happening with yet another building type.

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”