Proposed Rule change - Pasting Event List Logs

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:47 pm

How would it be hard to enforce if one could just send an OOC message with a link to the rules (or guidelines) and tell people to abide to them? I have a quote from sanchez saying it's not PD's job to scold people of bad RP, although I think it was in private so maybe I shouldn't be quoting it, but it's the kind of statement that people should be aware of, in my opinion. If PD doesn't want to get involved, people either have to tell others OOC if their playing makes others cringe, or just suffer in silence.
Not-so-sad panda
Cdls

Postby Cdls » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:40 pm

While I do agree with the reasoning behind the logic of this suggestion, I think that if it was to work, then ALL players would need to accept that it takes time to write out a log, and stop harassing those that cannot come up with it seconds after it being asked for.

I have seen a lot of impatience regarding the quickness at the length of time it takes someone to respond, act (and so on) and this is something that would just add to the frustration of those that can't be on all the time.

Because of this widespread amount of impatience, I myself have found it easier to just copy and paste since for some reason if it isn't handed over immediate then you are the one to suffer the consequences.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:41 pm

The PD is grossly overworked and doesn't need another thing put on their plate, regardless of how trivial it may seem.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:46 pm

Cdls, what if you emote *starts writing*? Then they at least know you're working on it.
Not-so-sad panda
Cdls

Postby Cdls » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:54 pm

That is a good idea Seko, but in reality as I am sure you have seen in game, there are those that don't really care if you are taking the time to write it out, they want it there and now. That is my only concern.
Caesar
Location: The Netherlands, Europe, Earth, Sol, The Milkyway, Our Galaxy, Time & Space

Postby Caesar » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:17 pm

Awww... But it really breaks character and... The feeling of the Cantr-world.
- Every person lost in war is two too many.
- Respect comes from two sides and must be earned. Nobody has the right to it because of a title, sex, age, race or birth.
- What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
- I believe in True Love, do you?
Tangential

Postby Tangential » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:50 pm

I shouldn't even be on this list. My posts actually argued counter to this proposal >.>
ceselb

Postby ceselb » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:56 am

I don't like this proposal.
Pasted logs haven't been taken too seriously in game, atleast not where I've been.
"I'll start with who, what, where, and when, followed by whither, whether, wherefore and whence, and follow that up with a big side-order of 'why'." -- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”