Dimond from coal

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Pyroman

Dimond from coal

Postby Pyroman » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:35 pm

And so in the reality possible to obtain diamond from coal with the appropriate pressure and temperature in the special machines, to be sure have he many flaws and is not utilized in jeweller's craft, more often has technical application.

What not to give the possibility of creation of such machine in the reality? And so diamond is rarely met but necessary to construction drills, lens and so on. And so machine let us call pressure press would create diamond with coal. possible would be also to introduce division on the diamond this synthetic and common where first could not be used in jeweller's craft (so how takes this place in the reality).

Pressure machine ought to use up 1000g coal on 5 grams produced diamond .. so was not begun the serial production of synthetic diamonds.
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:34 pm

Tis is an interesting idea... but as for jewel crafting.. along with clothing... until it creates a benefit... they are actually useless wastes of resources... diamonds, however.. make drills.

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
Eresan

Postby Eresan » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:15 pm

Not.

Pozdrawiam
Talapus

Postby Talapus » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:28 am

In the RD we have talked about the possibility of growing gemstones. The decision was that perhaps such things may be added in the far future, but we will not add them anytime soon.
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:33 am

The amount of pressure and power required to make diamonds is far beyond Cantr's current tech level...
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:38 am

..and at the precipitate of our own. Lol.
Nakranoth's "evil" character says:
"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

http://www.sylorn.com - Free MMORPG in development.. need help.
Crosshair

Postby Crosshair » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:03 am

Give it a big fueltank and a lot of iron presses. A long project lifespan, and a low yield for high input... gowaan.
[url=http://dragcave.net/view/tvkg][img]http://dragcave.net/image/tvkg.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://dragcave.net/view/RgKP][img]http://dragcave.net/image/RgKP.gif[/img][/url]
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:15 pm

formerly known as hf wrote:The amount of pressure and power required to make diamonds is far beyond Cantr's current tech level...

I agree.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
SwimFan

Postby SwimFan » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:58 pm

Doug R. wrote:
formerly known as hf wrote:The amount of pressure and power required to make diamonds is far beyond Cantr's current tech level...

I agree.

As do I.
I don't actually swim all that often

<A>site</A>

Nakranoth

Postby Nakranoth » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:32 am

Now we could do it in a microwave with charcoal and peanut butter. :shock: But then, I doubt we'll be seeing microwaves in Cantr anywhere in the near future.
Scratch and sniff text
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:52 pm

I think this is one instance where we should protect the importance of resource placement. Diamonds are rare, and as it is there is little demand for them. If we make them available darn near everywhere that has coal, that is going to kill of what little trading potentials those towns could have had.

IF the drills could break down occassionally or in some other way required a realistic amount of maintenance, I would consider this. But since the game has been so thoroughly nerfed, we'll just have to live with diamonds made the natural way.

Moving to Rejected Suggestions.
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
RangerSteven

Postby RangerSteven » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:18 pm

Nakranoth wrote:Now we could do it in a microwave with charcoal and peanut butter. :shock:

No, we can't.

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”