A new look at assasination

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after rejection

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

deadboy

A new look at assasination

Postby deadboy » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:25 pm

Ok so I know that this is pretty risky territory that I'm stepping into now, but I want tools for quick, instant, and first and foremost -untracable- assasination. Now, I'm not saying that this should be easy, or even easy for the rich, it shouldn't be difficult to make the tools, poisens and the such, but the opposite, it should be really easy, and -very- quick to make.

Now, you may think this sounds stupid, hey, even a newspawn could kill the leader of a town with ease, but here's where the whole "new look" thing comes into place.

I want only people with -trust- to be able to do it. I want only tools that people with the trust of the person they want to kill to be able to do it. I want food that can be poisened and then handed to them. In your inventory it would show up as 50g of poisened meat but when you hand it over it is simply cooked meat. It then kills them from a heart attack when they eat it. Nobody knows that the advisor, the most trusted subject, secretly killed him to become the leader of the town.

Or I want bombs to be rigged in vehicles, for more dramatic displays of rebellion. This of course would work because the person would have to trust the assasin enough to give them the keys to their vehicle for them to rig the bomb inside it. When is started (begins moving) it explodes with the sentance "You see Car001 explode dramatically".

This could lead to sneaky overthrows of government, but only by those trusted by the leaders, and could also lead to paranoid leaders, who only eat food they cook themselves and never let anyone inside there car. There could be the paranoid dictator who uses poisened food to kill off newspawns and eventually has a full-blown revolution against im when they cannot poisen him

It would be brilliant

Please add this to the game!
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:46 pm

Bombs, poison, sabotage and assasination have all been suggested before Some of them numerous times

Please spend a little time researching whether or not a topic has been raised before.

This has been moved to the rejected suggestions forum as a duplicate
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:13 pm

;) I did say "new" look. I know this has been brought up before, but I thought that this way might work
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
Mykey

Re: A new look at assasination

Postby Mykey » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:07 am

deadboy wrote:Ok so I know that this is pretty risky territory that I'm stepping into now, but I want tools for quick, instant, and first and foremost -untracable- assasination. Now, I'm not saying that this should be easy, or even easy for the rich, it shouldn't be difficult to make the tools, poisens and the such, but the opposite, it should be really easy, and -very- quick to make.

Now, you may think this sounds stupid, hey, even a newspawn could kill the leader of a town with ease, but here's where the whole "new look" thing comes into place.

I want only people with -trust- to be able to do it. I want only tools that people with the trust of the person they want to kill to be able to do it. I want food that can be poisened and then handed to them. In your inventory it would show up as 50g of poisened meat but when you hand it over it is simply cooked meat. It then kills them from a heart attack when they eat it. Nobody knows that the advisor, the most trusted subject, secretly killed him to become the leader of the town.

Or I want bombs to be rigged in vehicles, for more dramatic displays of rebellion. This of course would work because the person would have to trust the assasin enough to give them the keys to their vehicle for them to rig the bomb inside it. When is started (begins moving) it explodes with the sentance "You see Car001 explode dramatically".

This could lead to sneaky overthrows of government, but only by those trusted by the leaders, and could also lead to paranoid leaders, who only eat food they cook themselves and never let anyone inside there car. There could be the paranoid dictator who uses poisened food to kill off newspawns and eventually has a full-blown revolution against im when they cannot poisen him

It would be brilliant

Please add this to the game!

Keep dreaming..... I`d be happy if I could talk 3 characters into going on a rampage with mine, and we actually had a chance......
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
Sekar

Postby Sekar » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:17 am

Why do idiots like this guy pop up every once and awhile? Cantr is not suppose to be about killing! And even if the developers do plan to put such abilities in, it is retarded to think that there suddenly going to do it instantaniously. There are many things that are being worked on in cantr right now. Not only is this suggestion a suggestion that should only be attempted in the way way way far future, but this suggestion isn't even developed enough. It sounds to me like you didn't give much thought to this.
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:00 am

:shock: Actually I gave a lot of thought to this over the space of a few minutes, or at least enough to form the idea ;). Pretty much Sekar, this idea doesn't need much thought only some explainations, which I thought I gave pretty well though clearly not well enough. And no, I don't think cantr should be about killing but right now the game is too peaceful, which frankly is unrealistic and boring. This idea would be a simple to implement way of beginning along the track to solving this problem. I said I was stepping into risky territory at the beginning but I still think it would be a good idea

So don't call me an idiot :P
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:16 pm

Sekar wrote:Why do idiots like this guy pop up every once and awhile? Cantr is not suppose to be about killing! And even if the developers do plan to put such abilities in, it is retarded to think that there suddenly going to do it instantaniously. There are many things that are being worked on in cantr right now. Not only is this suggestion a suggestion that should only be attempted in the way way way far future, but this suggestion isn't even developed enough. It sounds to me like you didn't give much thought to this.

I may bring this up in General Chat, because I personally think you're wrong. All of Cantr development is steered towards killing, wars, and so on. What do you use higher-technology iron and steel on? Weapons and armour. Nothing really is as gratifying in Cantr as killing out towns and waging wars against others. Sure, you can make up heaps of vehicles and buildings but its no fun if it just keeps building and building up.
Nakranoth's "evil" character says:
"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

http://www.sylorn.com - Free MMORPG in development.. need help.
Sekar

Postby Sekar » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:12 pm

Naldwich I guess you do have a point. However if we were able to give people the ability to assassinate someone so easily, it would become a huge problem. Even wars in cantr require people to work together and trust eachother. If we made it so people could be backstabbed so easily, nothing would ever get done, because no one would trust anyone. It is already hard for people to trust others in cantr. But they have too in order to develope.
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:33 pm

Sekar wrote:Naldwich I guess you do have a point. However if we were able to give people the ability to assassinate someone so easily, it would become a huge problem.

Ok this is so not an -easy- way of killing someone. It needs a high level of trust to be able to get a key for a car that someone else uses.

Sekar wrote:If we made it so people could be backstabbed so easily, nothing would ever get done, because no one would trust anyone.

Again not true. People may only accept food that they cultivate themselves, and only use their own car, but that would not stop anything from happening. Besides this would only be what would happen in the most extreme circumstances by the most paranoid leaders. It would be difficult to first get away with secretly -making- the devices for assasination, and once you have done that you have to actually get the trust of the person you are trying to kill. Finally there is a big risk of being caught afterwards, as the townsfolk could simply see who gave them food beforehand to deduce who the murderer is. Of course if the leader -did- simply die of a heart attack the town cook could be in for a bit of a shock :P. I still think that this is a good idea
ebenezer

Postby ebenezer » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:21 am

With such easy killing, some bastard would just decide to cheat and kill an important figure of a town (and some others as well before he and his chars are caught). Cheaters do exist and game can do nothing about it unless a crime occurs and it may be too late as well. Suppose that some idiot gathered a few chars and killed the mayor of the town and other governing people. What would happe next? That guy would be nuked for sure (thrown out, an old expression from my MUD experience in 2towers) but it would not bring those who died back.

So thinking an idea from many aspects would serve better to improve the game. Although what you suggested is quite tempting for me, it would cause many unwanted consequences.
Sho

Postby Sho » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:23 pm

I see neither how that could happen, nor how that would be cheating.
Sho

Postby Sho » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:26 pm

EDIT (curse the restrictions in Rejected Suggestions):

Okay, I see how it would be cheating . . . if this proposed system would allow multiple people to work together to kill someone instantly. But that's not what's being suggested.

Matter of fact, it's been rejected. Perhaps we should let it die. There are a couple of good threads out there for poisons, and I believe bombs are out there as well. Go there.

Return to “Rejected Suggestions”