Suggestions Forum

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

mortaine

Suggestions Forum

Postby mortaine » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:40 pm

There are now FOUR Suggestions forums. Could we possibly split them off from the "Public Discussion Forums" category and into a "Suggestions Box" category of their own? It would make it easier to read the forums page and know where to click.

Also, the CD frequently adds a note when they move or change a forum topic. Could the PD also do this when moving a suggestion? Perhaps make a note that says something like "Rejected because Jos doesn't like it" or "Accepted, but low-priority: don't hold your breath"? That would help people who are perplexed by controversial suggestions getting rejected or accepted without a real clear understanding of why they were decided, when the discussion appeared inconclusive.
--
mortaine.
Anthony Roberts

Re: Suggestions Forum

Postby Anthony Roberts » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:37 am

mortaine wrote:Also, the CD frequently adds a note when they move or change a forum topic. Could the PD also do this when moving a suggestion? Perhaps make a note that says something like "Rejected because Jos doesn't like it" or "Accepted, but low-priority: don't hold your breath"? That would help people who are perplexed by controversial suggestions getting rejected or accepted without a real clear understanding of why they were decided, when the discussion appeared inconclusive.

Could mortaine also get glasses? :)

Hehe, joking. The ones I moved are stated that they were. Anyone else, well, they need a kick in the head.
-- Anthony Roberts
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:45 am

Anthony Roberts wrote:Anyone else, well, they need a kick in the head.

Thanks.
Anthony Roberts

Postby Anthony Roberts » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:56 pm

Jos Elkink wrote:
Anthony Roberts wrote:Anyone else, well, they need a kick in the head.

Thanks.

What, some of the moving has been you? Jos! Kick in the head for you :) Maybe we can knock that silly grin off your face ;)
-- Anthony Roberts
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:46 pm

Anthony Roberts wrote:Could mortaine also get glasses? :)

Hehe, joking. The ones I moved are stated that they were. Anyone else, well, they need a kick in the head.

Yeah, after I posted, I thought "maybe I should edit that to acknowledge the fact that Anthony does this, but no one else seems to."

Kudos to Anthony.
--

mortaine.
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:55 pm

I think only Anthony and I have been accepted / rejecting suggestions. So I get all kicks :(
Snake_byte

Postby Snake_byte » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:58 pm

I could kick Anthony :D Please let me kick Anthony...
My old banner ;)
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:23 pm

Jos Elkink wrote:I think only Anthony and I have been accepted / rejecting suggestions. So I get all kicks :(

Hey, Anthony's the only one who kicking. I gave kudos to him and suggestive (erm, that doesn't sound right) to anyone else doing the moving.

See, because you haven't signed or mentioned why the suggestion was moved where it was, the players-at-large had no idea that it was you. Most of us will accept "Jos doesn't want it this way" as a reason for a suggestion's ultimate fate. We all understand that you have a vision of what you want for Cantr, and I think most of us accept that, even if we disagree about some of the implementations of that vision. So, if you move something to rejected or accepted and post a note that says that you were the one moving it, that'll likely end the discussion right there (better if you say why, but you sometimes do in the discussion part of the suggestion, and that's sufficient).

Just my 2 cents input.
--

mortaine.
Anthony Roberts

Postby Anthony Roberts » Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:38 am

mortaine wrote:There are now FOUR Suggestions forums. Could we possibly split them off from the "Public Discussion Forums" category and into a "Suggestions Box" category of their own? It would make it easier to read the forums page and know where to click.

While in the mood to abuse my Godlike powers, I have made the requested change.

Moved topic to IMPLEMENTED suggestions.
-- Anthony Roberts

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”