Medicine

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Snake_byte

Postby Snake_byte » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:38 pm

Yes poison would be perfect. Imagine if ammo was a factor in the game. Poison tip arrows 8) huh huh? And even if there is no ammo, you can always "equip" it to a bow and it could be good for one shot. It would require so many grams for it to work and once someone is hit, their health could gradually deacrease by somthing like 2% over the next couple of days. Could even make a poison that lasts on and on untill an antidote is made! :D
My old banner ;)
Snake_byte

Postby Snake_byte » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:40 pm

You also wouldn't have to make it so easy to get so that not EVERYONE has it. Kinda like iron and steel. Those wouldn't be the most saught after products in the game anyomore.
My old banner ;)
The Industriallist

Postby The Industriallist » Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:56 am

Poison is used in politics because of the possibility of sneaking it into food and such, mostly. I can't see that happening in Cantr any time soon.

I would note that in the real world you can get hold of poisons quite easily. Look under your sink. It wasn't that hard in mideaval times either, considering how many plants are toxic (rhubarb and polkweed spring quickly to my feeble mind, as well as certain toadstools). The tough part was strength and stealth.
That doesn't mean that poinsons have to be common in cantr, though.
"If I can be a good crackhead, I can be a good Christian"

-A subway preacher
Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:26 am

You also have to remember that inorder to make a poison you must first get all the ingredients. You'd have to gather a lot of one plant and then treat it some how to get the agent you want out, Lets say we boil it, then we have to use the liquid with another plant or fluid of sort to make it potent. In the long run you could have to gather 1000 grams or more just to get 50 grams of poison which in game could be concidered a weak dose, only causeing loss of health over a few days or so. So one would have to gather lots in order to wipe out a town. The other thing that can be done is placing the plants needed to make poisons a great distance away from each other.
Some are friends of the Wolf.....others are Dinner
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:50 am

Read about my characters by following this link.
Surly

Postby Surly » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:07 pm

I find it incredibly depressing that this was 4 1/2 years old. I remember working on that when I was in RD...
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
Marian

Postby Marian » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:45 pm

So whatever happened to this? Has the medicine really been implemented and is all there, only we can't use it because there are no herbs?

...not to sure I want to see this added anymore anyway, I don't think all our healing food suddenly becoming useless would be a good thing, and there's already a pretty good system in already with prepared foods usually being more potent, even if that does need to be balanced a little.
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:18 pm

There are healing liquids along with the other healing foods.
Read about my characters by following this link.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:40 pm

And herbs are starting to be available in many coastal towns on developed islands. Very few of my characters have ever had the eating sickness and it has only lasted half a year at a time. If you keep having trouble with it, you must be living in some filthy primitive towns. Or filthy supposedly civilized towns.
Not-so-sad panda

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”