Cantr Webzine

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

*Wiro

Re: Cantr Webzine

Postby *Wiro » Tue May 13, 2014 4:08 pm

Has the webzine returned in any form? And are the old issues available somewhere?
Read about my characters by following this link.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Tue May 13, 2014 4:53 pm

No and, I believe, no.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue May 13, 2014 5:30 pm

At least some of the images are still on the server. I'm assuming the webzine data is also somewhere, but probably unreadable.
Not-so-sad panda
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Tue May 13, 2014 5:50 pm

Well, let's see if I'll stick around and who knows what I'm up to in a month or two. Would love to see the webzine be remade, whether in "official" form or fan-made...it's all the same in the end.
Read about my characters by following this link.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Mon May 26, 2014 4:33 am

Crossposting this:

EchoMan wrote:We have set up a Cantr Webzine (Wordpress) a few months ago on the Cantr server. It is not yet decided how things will be run though. All the old data is still around (we slavaged the database from the old Webzine), we haven't really investigated how hard or easy it would be to import it to a new webzine. If it can be done automatically with some script, or if it has do be done manually, one article at a time.

@*Wiro: I don't mean to shoot you down here, just saying. If you want to build a layout and stuff, please go ahead. But for completeness sake, a webzine should be in the control of the people who controls the game (backups, server moves etc), even if anyone (potentially) could be an author of the webzine.

I also thing that the PR department should be "owners" of it.
Cdls

Postby Cdls » Mon May 26, 2014 10:45 pm

Crossposting as well

Cdls wrote:While I agree with EchoMan that anything in official capacity should definitely reside with the core game server, the fact that there has been no official comment regarding the revival of the Webzine until Wiro suggested something would indicate either it being a low priority, or a lack of manpower to get it done.

I suggest that Wiro run with the idea and label it as unofficial in capacity, and if it grows, then discuss the possibility of incorporating it into an official capacity.
God

Postby God » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:14 pm

I'm thinking more of a Cantr Bible, actually.
When it comes to God’s existence, I’m not an atheist and I’m not an agnostic. I’m an acrostic. The whole thing puzzles me.
~ George Carlin

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”