Sunni Daez

Re: Character Suicide

Postby Sunni Daez » Mon May 07, 2012 4:37 pm

this is suicide, overrun by a car doesn't work to well,

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
Indigo

Postby Indigo » Mon May 07, 2012 5:44 pm

It does, if you jump in the middle of the road when a car is approaching fast.
Someone wrote:Being dark is an intelligent interpretation of the fabricated world, made up from our heads, there to tempt and play with us
SumBum

Postby SumBum » Mon May 07, 2012 5:55 pm

Good way to pin your char's death on someone else. Wait until someone you don't like drives through then kill off your char. :twisted:
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!! - James Brown
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Mon May 07, 2012 6:20 pm

I'm starting to see god-modding happening with the getting hit by a car option. I think it's likely that one will be excluded.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Indigo

Postby Indigo » Mon May 07, 2012 6:29 pm

It would be an accident, since you can't hit anyone with a car intentionally.
Someone wrote:Being dark is an intelligent interpretation of the fabricated world, made up from our heads, there to tempt and play with us
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Mon May 07, 2012 6:43 pm

The prevailing policy for moderating role-play disputes is that if the mechanics don't support it, it didn't happen. As soon as you bring a second party into the situation (by throwing yourself in front of their car), you open up the possibility for dispute. Since there's no mechanism to actually run over a character with a car, the cause of death would therefore, by rule, be negated if disputed by the owner of the car. So, we can't put into effect hard-coded causes of death that could be contradicted.

Keeping character suicide centered on the dying character reduces disputes. Yes, someone could say, "they didn't have any rope to hang themselves," but it could be assumed they found -something- to hang themselves with, and since no other characters were involved in the process of death, no one can really say it couldn't have happened that way.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Mon May 07, 2012 6:52 pm

One possibility is to replace "fall" with something generic, like "massive physical trauma." Then it could be role-played as a fall, crushed by rocks, or, if both parties agree to it, hit by the car.
Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Postby Bmot » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:11 pm

Player-chosen character death by heart attack is now implemented for chars from 30 years old. I'm gonna move this to implemented.
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”