Water balloons

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

AngelSpice

Water balloons

Postby AngelSpice » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:33 am

water plus some rubber. Purely for RP fun :lol: Maybe if dirtiness is ever invented, you could clean someone that never bathed with one. :wink:

Staff only - internal development thread here.
Last edited by Surly on Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added staff link to development thread
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:11 pm

Moved to Accepted Suggestions as we are wanting to add more roleplayed items, uses for water, and it is not a bitchy post about things RD has screwed up, which I really needed to brighten up my forum day. :D
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
Wilmer Bordonado

Postby Wilmer Bordonado » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:56 am

I can't believe it :shock:

Wilmer B.
SI A LA VIDA, NO A LAS PAPELERAS!
http://www.noalapapelera.com.ar
YES TO LIFE, NO TO PULP MILLS!
http://chrislang.blogspot.com/2006_08_31_chrislang_archive.html
Elros

Postby Elros » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:51 am

I will also be adding this in the next few days. Will let RD OK it first.
Every action has a consequence.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:58 am

As long as you don't expect them to pop on impact... Unless you make them 0 damage weapons that suffer 10000 deterioration points when used.
Not-so-sad panda
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:59 am

It is possible to have them disappear like that, Seko? I didn't think that also took in account the times of use. I really like this one. :)
Read about my characters by following this link.
Elros

Postby Elros » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:01 am

SekoETC wrote:As long as you don't expect them to pop on impact... Unless you make them 0 damage weapons that suffer 10000 deterioration points when used.

I actually just was going to set them up like the flower bouquets. They would last about 20 days ingame before being comepletely rotted away and they have no possibilty of repair.

This idea is pretty cool though, I didn't think about that...
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:01 am

Would it crumble on impact or on the next deterioration tick, if there is such a thing?
Pretty in pink.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:02 am

It's possible to assign items usage based deterioration but the values are so low that I've never seen an item break from being used. I don't know if it would vanish instantly or only on the next deterioration tick but if you think about when you destroy a lock, it says it has been damaged beyond repair at the same time when it says the lock here has been destroyed, so maybe it's like that.
Not-so-sad panda
Elros

Postby Elros » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:05 am

SekoETC wrote:It's possible to assign items usage based deterioration but the values are so low that I've never seen an item break from being used. I don't know if it would vanish instantly or only on the next deterioration tick but if you think about when you destroy a lock, it says it has been damaged beyond repair at the same time when it says the lock here has been destroyed, so maybe it's like that.

Very interesting... So we could technically make the balloons like a pillow or waster that has a hit of 1, but set the rot rate per use at 10,000. That would allow you to technically hit someone with it, do no damage or at worst "1" damage, and then it would be completely rotted away...
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:05 am

But locks don't work like this at all, do they? They don't deteriorate, they are destroyed as the outcome of a project.
Pretty in pink.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:24 am

Yeah, there'll be no telling if they'll deteriorate upon impact or only on the deterioration tick until we try it in practice. If the deterioration upon impact was slightly less than 10000 but there was also daily deterioration, people could get two hits instead of one if they use it on the same day it was manufactured.
Not-so-sad panda
Elros

Postby Elros » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:31 am

SekoETC wrote:Yeah, there'll be no telling if they'll deteriorate upon impact or only on the deterioration tick until we try it in practice. If the deterioration upon impact was slightly less than 10000 but there was also daily deterioration, people could get two hits instead of one if they use it on the same day it was manufactured.

Even if it doesn't destroy until the tick that is still fine... They could throw it around a few times and finally it would bust at the tick. Kind of realistic actually since water balloons dont always bust on the first impact. :)

I think we will see about adding it in like this a see how that works...

I wish there was a way to give yourself whatever resources you needed in the test enviroment so we could test it there... You would have to find rubber and build a bucket to gather water just to make one though...
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:49 pm

Elros wrote:I wish there was a way to give yourself whatever resources you needed in the test enviroment so we could test it there... You would have to find rubber and build a bucket to gather water just to make one though...

Yea, our test environment stinks. We really need more of a sandbox than what we have now.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
EchoMan

Re: Water balloons

Postby EchoMan » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:45 am

Moved to implemented.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”