Trains

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

psychowico

Re: Trains

Postby psychowico » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:47 am

Oasis wrote:Just thinking of this logistically....towns are dynamically named, so how would you choose a location for the track to go to?

I see few ways, this isn't big problem in my opinion.
Only "logistically" problem that I can see now is laying track on water ;) (When two locations on one island have water between them)
"Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."

https://www.kinkykitty.pl
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:03 am

It could probably check every x pixels if that pixel is inside a water polygon and either prevent building tracks or require a bridge.
Not-so-sad panda
psychowico

Postby psychowico » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:54 am

SekoETC wrote:It could probably check every x pixels if that pixel is inside a water polygon and either prevent building tracks or require a bridge.

I am not sure about map data structures, but this should be possible.
"Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."

Ice-Man

Postby Ice-Man » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:37 pm

Oasis wrote:Just thinking of this logistically....towns are dynamically named, so how would you choose a location for the track to go to?

A town needs to build a train station before it would be possible for it to lay tracks. Every type of train station will have a 'radius of operation' just like radios. If another town in that radius has a train station of their own it would be possible to connect these two towns with railroad. Resources needed would be dynamically calculated based on distance. If there is a pool of water in the way the system would check if there is connection by land and add more resources to compensate either bulding around the lake or making a brigde through it.
ImageImage
psychowico

Postby psychowico » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:57 pm

Uhhh.. :shock:
Sounds really nice for me.

But maybe on this list characters will have only locations that they see before (has private name for it). To not getting knowladge from air.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”