Beer?

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

boomhaeur

Beer?

Postby boomhaeur » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:52 pm

With water slowly being introduced to the game it would be greta to see beer be something that you could make and maybe give it some sort of nutritional value.

Ingredients would be:

- water (1,000g)
- barley / wheat / rye (1,000g)
- sugar (100g)

Tool would have to be a vat/pot of some kind and would require a heat source.

I'd suggest a two-step production process. Mixing and heating the ingredients produces 2,000g of "Wort". In real life this only takes about an hour - so this could be an IG effort of half a day - one day.

---

The second process would be to Ferment it

Tool required would be a fermenter

Materials: Wort

In real life it takes about 2 weeks for the beer to ferment. So maybe a couple of days fermenting would be appropriate.

End result is beer, each serving could be 100g as normal food - or you could make it a healing food just for kicks :).

Having a fermentor could also lead to the production of wine. Ingredients for wine would be grapes, water and sugar. Production time should be a few days minimum given that wine takes months to produce.
berserk9779

Postby berserk9779 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:35 pm

No sugar is used in the production of wine. It is actually illegal in most of the classical wine producing countries (France, Italy, Spain).
I don't know if they do it with californian wine (never been that side of the ocean) but if they do they are potentially giving you blindness, since a bigger amount of methile alcool (that gives blindness and other diseases) is produced in the cane sugar fermentation, compared with -fruit sugar-(Fruttosio in italian) fermentation

(sorry guys professional deformation.... I am a wine merchant...)
boomhaeur

Postby boomhaeur » Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:48 pm

Ah yeah.. my bad. Wasn't thinking - of course the grapes provide all the sugar neccessary.

My wine making experience extends as far as - pick up phone, make order, bottle in 8-12 weeks.

The beer I do from scratch though.
Indio no.9

Re: Beer?

Postby Indio no.9 » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:01 pm

boomhaeur wrote:Ingredients would be:

- water (1,000g)
- barley / wheat / rye (1,000g)
- sugar (100g)

NON ALCOHOLIC BEER, ARE YOU MAD! dont know about you but where I come from thats blasphemy
Tom let me back on
g1asswa1ker

Postby g1asswa1ker » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:40 pm

Another one that should actually hurt you for a few points as achole is tech a toxin.
Somehow you strayed and lost your way,
and now there'll be no time to play,
no time for joy,
no time for friends
- not even time to make amends.
You are too naïve if you do believe life is innocent laughter and fun.
David

Postby David » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:35 pm

Alchohol in moderate qauntities doesn't hurt you at all, in fact it if anything good for you... its in excess that is when it starts to hurt you.
In the middle ages, alcoholic products were often used as a main source of nuitrition.... they were much thicker than what is drunk today.
boomhaeur

Postby boomhaeur » Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:22 pm

"NON ALCOHOLIC BEER, ARE YOU MAD! dont know about you but where I come from thats blasphemy"

That was the point of the fermenter... you don't just add alcohol to beer...

I didn't put Yeast in cause I highly doubt it's in the game and it's not something you can just dig up...
Psycho Pixie

Postby Psycho Pixie » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:06 pm

boomhaeur wrote:"NON ALCOHOLIC BEER, ARE YOU MAD! dont know about you but where I come from thats blasphemy"

That was the point of the fermenter... you don't just add alcohol to beer...

I didn't put Yeast in cause I highly doubt it's in the game and it's not something you can just dig up...

Actually, Pure Alcohol comes from various plants all over the world, the taste differs from region to region. Thus the different tastes and strengths of Vodka, Tequila, and Wiskey, to name a few.

The "alcohol plant" looks alot like Aloe Vera, it is in the Cactus family. And to get Alcohol from it you break off a branch of this wonderful "succulent" plant and squeeze the contents out. The strength of the alcohol depends on the time of year it is harvested.

So, our dear person who pointed out the lack of "added alcohol" to the making of beer was just worried. I guess he didnt realize that you dont add pure Alcohol extract to beer.....

TATA!
the ever sarcastic Psycho Pixie
Here I am. BITE ME. or not, in fact, never mind, dont want some wacko taking me up on the offer. Only non wacko's may apply for bite allowance.. no garentee that you will be granted said allowance, but you can try.
new.vogue.nightmare

Re: Beer?

Postby new.vogue.nightmare » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:37 pm

Indio no.9 wrote:NON ALCOHOLIC BEER, ARE YOU MAD! dont know about you but where I come from thats blasphemy

Dear Indio,

Do you smoke crack? The alcohol is from fermentation as he so clearly stated. Learning to read English and comprehend written material is a useful skill.

Love,
A smelly hobo

:lol:
Sorry, couldn't resist.
Sicofonte wrote:SLURP, SLURP, SLURP...

<Kimidori> esperanto is sooooo sexy^^^^
nitefyre

Postby nitefyre » Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:27 am

Master Smelly Hobo,

I enjoyed your lesson and believe your ever so needing pupil will need more lessons in the future.

:lol:

Casual Observer.
7orp0r

Postby 7orp0r » Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:43 am

Who needs beer when you have the wonderful Skooma, made fresh out of fermented mushrooms. :D
thingnumber2

Postby thingnumber2 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:45 am

skooma's made out of moon sugar, if I'm not mistaken...
7orp0r

Postby 7orp0r » Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:48 am

Ahh, then evidently you have not met Doryiskom's missing councilman Nelad Orgduz...owner of the Baying Hound Tavern and Inn, missing for many years now.
David

Postby David » Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:02 am

Yes we need, Sake, Vodka, Ale, Mead, Beer, Grape Wine, various fruit wines etc...
Mavsfan911

Postby Mavsfan911 » Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:06 am

thatd be great....more things i could smuggle :D
太陽とビキニ

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”