Necklaces

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Bran-Muffin

Necklaces

Postby Bran-Muffin » Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:03 am

I think that would be another awsome addition to the jewelry area, my character would love a bone necklace to go with her bone bracelet.
.::. MysticGötén .::.

Postby .::. MysticGötén .::. » Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:07 pm

Is it me or can't jewelery can't be worn?
It would be cool if you could see pple with rings or necklaces IG.
.::. MŷštíçGötéñ .::.

...You have never driven a car untill you drive a Honda....

The future is dark
The past is gray
Why even bother
... it all fades away
Bran-Muffin

Postby Bran-Muffin » Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:32 pm

it cant be worn? darn i thought it was just like clothing... i think it would be cool to have it like clothing.
west

Postby west » Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:11 pm

I was about to make a topic about that.

How difficult would it be to go back and make the jewelry wearable? Jewelry dates from before char descriptions, so it didn't have to be wearable, but now that you can see what someone's wearing, jewelry should be included. I mean, what's the point of a bracelet or ring or something if nobody knows you're wearing it? The whole point is for it to be noticed.
I'm not dead; I'm dormant.
Meh

Postby Meh » Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:35 pm

We had a discussion on this right before I had to stop programming due to personal time limitations.

The catergories for the different jewerly types would have to be added and then some work done on what is visible when etc.

Then it would be a manual effort to convert all the old finished and unfinished jewerly to be clothes instead of objects. I igure I could do one type a day.

But with the discussion of making shields and weapons visible it might be easier to have an "equip" button for shields, jewerly, tools, and weapons. This would make them visible when they are in use.

For weapons. If you had to equip to use and it became unequipped each time you used it this would slow down madmen a little. You would only see the weapon right before it struck but then hitting would be a two step process. In some town guards would always be allowed to keep themselves equipped and others would not.

Even for food it would be nice to have an equip button so you could pick which food you want to eat.

I'm rambling but there is so many ways to approach the issue.

But at the end of all this. Converting jewerly to clothes would still be a good things to do so that jewerly is not a weight issue anymore.

So I guess converting would be best after all.
boomhaeur

Postby boomhaeur » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:01 pm

Would it make sense to consolidate clothing, armour and weaposn into one system.

In theory a leather coat should have some protection value versus being completely naked.

Every person's body could have set regions where they could wear each garment, and each garment could only be put worn in a specific spot (users wouldn't choose where the item goes though)

For example :

Everyone would have:

- Head
- Face
- Neck
- Torso
- Left Arm
- Right Arm
- Left Hand
- Right Hand
- Legs
- Feet

For each section there would be a set limit on what you could wear or hold.

Eample:

Head - 1 item (hat/helmet etc./wig)
Face - dunno maybe scarves/masks etc.?
Neck - 1-5 items (necklaces, amulets)
Torso - 1 under item (shirt) , 1 over item (jacket), 1 armour item (chain mail etc)
Left & Right Arms - 1-5 of bracelet jewelry type, 1 bag type (over arm)
Left & Right Hands - 5 of type Rings on each hand, 1 item held (weapon/shield/tool)
Legs - 1 under item (underwear/loincloth), 1 over Item (pants/skirt), 1 armour item (armour), up to 5 jewelery type items (anklets)
Feet - 1 set shoes, 1 set socks, 5 ring types per foot.

Additionally to farm/work the character must have one or both hands free (I'd suggest both) - this would play up the guard vs. worker aspect a little more as it wouldn't allow a battle ready person the ability to farm and vice-versa.

Obviously fully describing people would get to be a bit much but it shouldn't be too hard to have a basic description and then a button to "take a closer look at person"

Just my 2 cents...
Meh

Postby Meh » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:51 pm

Along the lines of farming. People with a farming implement or other tool or weapon should get a small amount of protection too.

"Parries with a hammer"

Something more advanced would be closure rules. You cannot attack someone with a sabre who is defending with a dung-fork unless you plan on getting hit with the dung-fork at least on your sheild.

In other words...
pike beats sabre
sabre beats bow
bow beats pike
Spectrus_Wolfus

Postby Spectrus_Wolfus » Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:23 am

or if you have a pike and are faced with an adversary with a sabre you get to hit twice to there once as you'd get your normal attack plus an auto one when they charge in to attack you . i'm not sure on what the damage is on these weapon's but i'm sure it would slow down some of the mass murderer's as traditionally most town guard's where armed with pike's and the such as they could be used from inside stockade's to poke out between wooden paling's and help impale atacker's. plus the just looked cooler when doing parades and stuff :lol:
Bran-Muffin

Postby Bran-Muffin » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:43 pm

Didnt this get a touch off the topic of NECKLACES, heh thats all i wanted was necklaces >.< but its turned into Pikes!!! Just crazy, how one can go from necklaces to pikes..
nitefyre

Postby nitefyre » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:33 pm

PeterO wrote:Didnt this get a touch off the topic of NECKLACES, heh thats all i wanted was necklaces >.< but its turned into Pikes!!! Just crazy, how one can go from necklaces to pikes..

I'm glad we got to this new "Equip" idea, it seems to be useful. Maybe it will not unequip by itself, for easy purposes; and if it makes Meh's job easier instead of jewelry changing, then why not? Equiping Sheilds and so forth. Also can save the time choosing which weapon to hit with, getting rid of that all screen.
Spectrus_Wolfus

Postby Spectrus_Wolfus » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:34 pm

no because even if you have a sword or knife in your hand it's possible to punch someone plus sometimes you just wat to give someone a warning and not a full blooded slash
Bran-Muffin

Postby Bran-Muffin » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:23 pm

Whatever happened to the necklace? can i just get a necklace? thats al i want *breaks down and cries* just one necklace.
west

Postby west » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:52 pm

To quote your sig, "No one is listening" :mrgreen:
I'm not dead; I'm dormant.
Bran-Muffin

Postby Bran-Muffin » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:57 pm

Lol again another funny one.

*grumbles* :twisted:
Sho

Postby Sho » Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:32 am

I note you changed your sig. :)

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”