Locket

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Doug R.

Locket

Postby Doug R. » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:29 pm

I'm putting a link to this in the Suggestions for New Clothes sticky, but since it's not a typical piece of jewelry, I thought it should be discussed.

I'd like to see lockets in the game. I'm not sure how to suggest doing it though.

The way that I'm seeing involves turning the locket into a kind of storage of size zero, so the only thing you can put in it is notes, but that still allows infinite notes, which isn't very realistic. However, can worn items be used as storage while still retaining their contents? Can something be two things at once?
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
sanchez
Administrator Emeritus

Postby sanchez » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:39 pm

I don't see what's wrong with storing a couple of grams of any divisible resource in one. It could make for interesting RP.

Other portable storage containers are visible, so it would not have to be implemented as clothing.
DylPickle

Postby DylPickle » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:58 pm

yeah, that's a cool thought Doug. And a good sub-thought Sanchez.

Iron, gold, silver versions?
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:04 pm

Heck you could go and make a wood one with a string for the necklace if need be. I like this idea, I can think of a billion ways to use it!
joo

Postby joo » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:32 pm

I like it! These are the kind of suggestions that game needs. I can see infinite RP opportunities with this... from hiding secret messages in situations of intrigue, to giving your secret love an anonymous note.
sanchez
Administrator Emeritus

Postby sanchez » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:34 am

Unfortunately, storing notes or other objects is not really possible in normal storage containers. The current possiblity exists for divisible resources only.
Maybe there is someone in ProgD who can generate this option for us instead, but I like the idea, which we can implement now, of something to carry very small bits of things like herbs or cloth.
Rebma

Postby Rebma » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:32 pm

Like 10 grams of spinach lol.

Great idea!
kronos wrote:like a nice trim is totally fine. short, neat. I don't want to be fighting through the forests of fangorn and expecting treebeard to come and show me the way in
joo

Postby joo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:42 pm

Rebma19 wrote:Like 10 grams of spinach lol.

Great idea!

It could be a way of surviving when there's a food shortage! :lol:
Mr. Black
Location: Fighting bandanna-wearing AK-47 firing pickles in Zimbabwe

Postby Mr. Black » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:47 pm

Wow, imagine it. Anyone with a locket would immediately be set upon and killed in a food shortage, just in case there was food inside it. *shivers* Senseless murder. Now there's a society builder.
PLAYER STATS

NAME: Mr. Black
LIKES: Hard rock, metal, playing both, Cantr, the internet, and whiskey.
HATES: His apartment, lizards, snakes, being told what to do.
STR: -2
AGI: -10
INT: +10
RCK: >9000
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:53 pm

You could put some wool in it and rp it is your beloveds golden ringlet.
Pretty in pink.
Rebma

Postby Rebma » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:29 pm

Orrrr. I'd put some mashed potatoes, and wine. And pretend it was lip gloss.

I seriously love this idea though.
kronos wrote:like a nice trim is totally fine. short, neat. I don't want to be fighting through the forests of fangorn and expecting treebeard to come and show me the way in
Dudel

Postby Dudel » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:38 pm

I can think of one idea right now on how one my characters would use it. He'd put a small amount of a certain recourse inside. This recourse is for some reason important to him then he would give it to someone. Its dumb and corny but it would work well.

Also you could RP like the photo of the character was inside and leave nothing in it. That would depend on the people playing etc and would need to be done right.

Another would be to hide small amounts of food yes but things like flowers would work too if you don't have a specific idea about a recourse.

Another is to have the locket be what the leader of a town wears to show they are the leader.

Just thinking randomly and giving ideas. Also supporting the suggestion.
joo

Postby joo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:45 pm

Rebma19 wrote:Orrrr. I'd put some mashed potatoes, and wine. And pretend it was lip gloss.

Lol. You've tried this?
Gran

Postby Gran » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:34 am

I would store poison in it if I could. :twisted: Seriously, conspirators need this. Actually, the whole cospirator jewelry kit with rings and hidden purses. So you could hide some tools for lockpicking and some wine for the Revolution After Party. Woooo!!!
"Navegar é preciso; viver não é preciso"
Elros

Postby Elros » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:21 pm

It would be easy to make these lockets as small storage containers that only hold like 10 grams. However, you can not store notes in storage containers, so you would have to have the programming department do something for that.

If you were just wanting this is a RP item that could store a small amount of resources that I could work up some specs for it in the resource department now. However, if you are wanting it to hold notes as well then you will have to wait for the Programming Department to work on it.

Any opinions?
Every action has a consequence.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”