Wishlist type thing

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Cookie

Wishlist type thing

Postby Cookie » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:34 am

Like an object wishlist so that players can rmember what their characters want and that instead of having to write it down on a note. Because I dont reckon cantrians have that bad a memory.
Zanthos

Postby Zanthos » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:51 am

don't see the point to this at all, as you said a charrie could just write it on a note.
Person: Akamada doesnt control the animals.
You see a wild boar attack Person.
Person: I still dont believe you.

<Spill> Oh, I enjoy every sperm to the fullest.
tiddy ogg

Postby tiddy ogg » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:24 am

I can't see the need either. If you can't remember your chars' goals use RL notes.
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:11 am

Um, why not write it down in a list on a note?

Perhaps you explained it wrong and it's actually a really good suggestion.

...perhaps not.
Nakranoth's "evil" character says:
"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

http://www.sylorn.com - Free MMORPG in development.. need help.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:37 am

Or start the projects even if you don't have the resources... although I think that's just dumb. Use a note.
Not-so-sad panda
Cookie

Postby Cookie » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:39 pm

ahhhh, can't be botheredness.

...yeh fair enough. Implement children instead.
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:40 pm

Actually I think this is a good idea - a memo page/section for each character only visible to the player - for notes about the character.

In-game notes and RL notes are ways to achive this but more clumsy than this suggestion.

It's low priority but a nice task for an aspirant programmer (if there are any awake out there ... ProgD is getting worse than a town full of cantrian sleepers :( ... at least the key holders are awake )

I'm moving this to Accepted suggestions
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:09 pm

So it will be possible to start projects inside your memory space, and they'll be turned real when you add resources (or just decide to make it public so that someone else can add the resources)? Actually that sounds kinda cool, if you can make it work.

It should be possible to memorizise any manufacturing project (that also includes buildings, tailoring and such) --- that you most likely agree on, but also remember that it shouldn't be limited by things like the presense of anvils, land type etc, since a person can move around with their plans, so even if the location where they memorized the plan filled the requirements, they might be somewhere else when they finally make it real.

So the checks must be done only when the project is set down. If the project will automatically be published when some resource is added on it, some checks might easily be forgotten. Even though it's easier for the player if you can just add the resource without having to press the publish button, it should go through the publishing routine behind the scenes before the resource is added, and cancel the publishing if the requirements aren't met, and cancel the addition of resources.

I think it would be a cool addition if when viewing the memorized projects, it would point out which machines are needed and other limitations that are usually hidden, and state if the requirement is filled on the current spot.
Not-so-sad panda
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:12 pm

I thought he was saying it would basically be like.. a description box that you could type in some of their goals/notes about them.
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
Skulty

Postby Skulty » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:18 am

Well, Chris, this might be a good time for me to try and apply for the ProgD again, then...
Last time I tried I knew nothing about programming and Junesun gave me a chance by giving me a simple job to do.
I studied some HTML and PHP programming and did the job. A lot latter she told me to do some changes. I did them and sent her the script again, and even though it was not perfect, I thought it would work, more or less. The truth is I never knew... She didn't answer not even when I send her another e-mail to remember her a lot latter, and so, as I entered the University in the Informatics Course (or whatever you call it), I gave up on it and started studying other things.
Now, the second semester is going to start and I'll have other things to study but I really like to program and I'm good at learning, so i thought I could learn PHP in my spare time...
Is there any chance you let a know-nothing enter the department or what do I need to do to enter?

P.S: Junesun, if you ever read this, don't be mad. I kind of blame you for giving up on entering the ProgD, but it's not like I'm criticizing! I know you have your life, and it seems you've been a bit innactive in the foruns, so all I can tell you is: congratulations in getting a life! :D
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:47 am

By all means re-apply, We should have your orignal application but send an email to personnel
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:45 am

Chris Johnson wrote:ProgD is getting worse

I'm always here.

"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:48 am

(can't edit my posts on this forum for some reason)

And I just confirmed with a friend who excells in PHP that he's willing to help.. but doesn't like Cantr the game itself lol..

the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:35 pm

You'd need to officially apply to ProgD before they'd let you help on it. So apply if ya wanna help! :) And yea, in several of the forums, regular members aren't allowed to edit their own posts.
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:32 pm

If it's just a hidden note, the only thing it would help is the mess after someone dies. And not really that either, since people still have to write notes to other people, even if they could keep their diary in a memory note. :|
Not-so-sad panda

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”