Changes to drying racks, smokers, meat jerky and smoked meat

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:37 pm

RD does not consist of only 3 people! The whole of RD cannot comment on the issue if you handle it behind closed doors and don't even post on the forums before implementing it.
Not-so-sad panda
Arlequin

Postby Arlequin » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:43 pm

Meh, don't make it seem like if jerky and smoked meat were the only meals in Cantr.

I've got a character in a room where there's 750,000 grams of carrots stored. The whole Cantr world could freeze tomorrow.
♫ bling! ♫
Arlequin

Postby Arlequin » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:11 pm

GranAttacker wrote:the continuous implementations of the game, that, if I may remember the audience, were proposed by themselves.

I've never agreed with the way smokers and drying racks worked.
♫ bling! ♫
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:24 pm

Cantryjczyk wrote:Dont take it wrong. Great that you all have opinions. Some people like these changes, some not. But. These changes are not one person fast idea without thinking. It is result of RD working, we know what we are doing, and these changes are final. Giving opinion is ok, but hoping or wanting for unfo, change what we do, is just pointless. Please akcept, that it is now how it is, and it will be like that from now. Just saying.

Interesting.... as I said before... we as players are a worthless part of the game... our opinions mean absolutely nothing! (and just for your info... things that have been implimented before... have been changed... remember tool rot.. ooooo that was such a great idea and wouldn't change... but it did, along with a few other things... And thank you so much for telling us our opinions are pointless))

SekoETC wrote:RD does not consist of only 3 people! The whole of RD cannot comment on the issue if you handle it behind closed doors and don't even post on the forums before implementing it.

as ,apparently, the voice of other RD members is pointless too.....

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
Antichrist_Online

Postby Antichrist_Online » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:37 pm

It's bad enough that we have people stagnating just harvesting carrots, because thanks to this, yet more people are forced to the same areas doing the same jobs and halting progression.

EDITED: I'm sorry, but I feel I have to retract my former post as I have found the RD members involved were the Chair and Vice-Chair, so there was appropriate steps taken. Sorry, there's no excuse, I shouldn't be posting or doing anything when this unstable.
Mistress's Puppy
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:08 pm

Antichrist_Online wrote:It's bad enough that we have people stagnating just harvesting carrots, because thanks to this, yet more people are forced to the same areas doing the same jobs and halting progression.

EDITED: I'm sorry, but I feel I have to retract my former post as I have found the RD members involved were the Chair and Vice-Chair, so there was appropriate steps taken. Sorry, there's no excuse, I shouldn't be posting or doing anything when this unstable.

Soo that makes the rest of RD pointless/useless? Whats the point in having members if their opinions are not utilized? That would mean each department need only be maned by 2... the chair and vice?

Oh.. and that gives Cantryjczyk the right to be rude and tell the players their opinions are pointless? Was a rather rude statement if ya ask me...

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
Ula

Postby Ula » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:41 pm

I do love all these staff clashes on forums. :?
Deal it with youselves on separate forums or with GAB, GAC. I know that this can sound funny nowadays.

Sunni Daez wrote:Interesting.... as I said before... we as players are a worthless part of the game... our opinions mean absolutely nothing!

Just a flaming exaggeration.

I belive that RD does what it can and it is not they're goal to spoil the game. Everybody will never be pleased. That's the fact. For example rlequin is for it , some are against. Personally I don't care about the changes altough one of my characters can get into trouble due to them. Well, just a Cantr life.
From the other hand, such changes could have been announced a bit earlier. Also reducing productivity seems to be harsh.
schroederjj2003

Postby schroederjj2003 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:43 pm

*he just sits and read the screen*
toon

Postby toon » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:37 am

Well, apparently complaining is doing anything, so you can either get over it or Quit. If it is that big of problem, Quit and find something else to play. If it is still worth playing, shut up. :(
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:20 am

I have no intent to quit... and at this point.. it isn't the change itself, I don't care anymore... it is that absolute rudeness of Cantryjczyk... and I see it as funny that I am the one singled out...(Ula) I appologise to anyone I may have offended with my comments... but I don't feel any cantr player deserves to be told their opinions are pointless... Thats mean..

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
Gran

Postby Gran » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:52 pm

but I don't feel any cantr player deserves to be told their opinions are pointless... Thats mean..

That may also be called authoritarism. Yeah, unpleasant like that.
"Navegar é preciso; viver não é preciso"
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:02 pm

This change is ridiculous. Mostly because it was too drastic of a change. I think changing it to 50-75g a day (drying meat) with manual assistance (maybe 25-50g without assistance) would be better than 25, especially as you don't even get a day's worth of food for working on it one day. I hardly see that as very balanced. You should be able to get one meal out of working on consumable food one day, no matter what. I guess now dried meat is seaweed.

At the very least, changing the consumption back to 22g (still using the meat drying as the example) a day and giving you some benefit of manually working on it should be done like leave it at 25g a day as automatic and then 50g a day when assisting it. Why is there no benefit whether you're working on it or not? Maybe I have overlooked that?

And informing everyone ahead of time should've been done. I thought my character had the eating sickness.

I'm not really sure it will help the game much, but the game is dying anyway.
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:24 am

the_antisocial_hermit wrote:Why is there no benefit whether you're working on it or not? Maybe I have overlooked that?

I believe ceselb said that manual assistance doubles the rate, and that such a rate is hard-coded.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:46 pm

Doug R. wrote:
the_antisocial_hermit wrote:Why is there no benefit whether you're working on it or not? Maybe I have overlooked that?

I believe ceselb said that manual assistance doubles the rate, and that such a rate is hard-coded.

Thank you. I must've overlooked that comment. It is only slightly better though.

The way it was all done is still ridiculously drastic as far as I'm concerned. It should've been done more moderately and feedback should've been asked for.
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
shapukas

Postby shapukas » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:13 pm

This implementation is the worsest thing that hapend in cantr (not to mention lag :) ) Why? Cos it was too suden. So ok, i can understand tha thing with drying rack, but the hell is made with smoker? How in the world you can loose almoste half of meat when it is smoked? There was said that it was done becouse nothing else was cooked in cantr? But is this the right reasone to implement such nonsence? I remember when cantrians could eat the same amount of carrots ant cooked meat. We had lots of uncooked meat. Now i think it could be the same thing. Just becouse evryone uses only one tipe of food is just a result of RP. There are lots of naked people in cantr, so what will you do? Implement freezing posibility if not dresed in 20 days? This is so st... Maby the better solution would be to change only one thing? Produktivity or rations. Not both of them.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”