Back button on machine project pages

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Surly

Postby Surly » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:32 pm

:evil: :evil:

Does nobody bother to read this thread? Can somebody from the Prog department please respond?

:evil: :evil:

Please :!:
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
nitefyre

Postby nitefyre » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:17 am

***bumps***

This button would be really useful and helpful.
The Sociologist

Postby The Sociologist » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:19 am

nitefyre wrote:***bumps***

I agree. Really, really useful. One of my charries recently spent some time investigating clothing types--clicking on them and then using each clothing page's own internal back button to return to selections. In the end I had to click on the browser's back button a zillion times to get back to events.
Agar

Postby Agar » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:12 am

The Sociologist wrote:
nitefyre wrote:***bumps***

I agree. Really, really useful. One of my charries recently spent some time investigating clothing types--clicking on them and then using each clothing page's own internal back button to return to selections. In the end I had to click on the browser's back button a zillion times to get back to events.

I've done that to assemble some "wish lists" for some of my characters, but when I get done looking at stuff, I usually just re-log in to cantr. It's a large factor faster, and wastes next to no minutes.

If there's a problem that's bad enough to force us to sign out, and can be fixed with a simple back button, why hasn't it been added?
Reality was never my strong point.
Revanael

Postby Revanael » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:38 am

I brought this topic to Thomas' attention, at least theoretically - whether he paid any notice to me or not is another matter.

I'll try and poke someone into noticing it.
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:23 am

Yes, yes, I read it ;) ... Thanks to Rev, indeed. But still, the best is just to put it on Flyspray. That at least means that even if we don't react very fast, it will never disappear into the deep archives of the forum. It's the only way of making sure something stays on our agenda.
Revanael

Postby Revanael » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:32 pm

I managed to do something useful? Whee! *grins stupidly*

Not often that happens... :wink:
Birdsall007

Postby Birdsall007 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:59 pm

Nick wrote:Oh ya, smart guy?
Try selecting one type of clothing to make, but before "continuing to manufacturing", press back and select another. See what happens. Or on a smelting furnace, select "smelting iron (coal)", and then press back and select something else.
*mumbles about know-it-all new people* :wink:

I know, it doesn't work right, but if you click back again and then the thing you want to look at, it does.
Even if the voices aren't real...They have some pretty good ideas!
Surly

Postby Surly » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:25 pm

Jos Elkink wrote:Yes, yes, I read it ;) ... Thanks to Rev, indeed. But still, the best is just to put it on Flyspray. That at least means that even if we don't react very fast, it will never disappear into the deep archives of the forum. It's the only way of making sure something stays on our agenda.

I did post it on flyspray. Nothing happened...

What more do you want from me? :x
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:09 pm

It just means it is likely to happen at some point ... it is not the only suggestion, and all programmers are either too inexperienced still to make changes by themselves, or are too busy with other real life stuff ... It's still all volunteers running this and the ProgD is most severely affected by this fact.
Surly

Postby Surly » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:27 pm

Fair enough. Didn't mean to sound ungrateful. I'm just frustrated that after so long nobody told me whether they had even acknowledged the request. Now I know that it is being attended to, not so much of a problem.
Surly

Postby Surly » Sun May 01, 2005 10:07 pm

bump

I posted it on flyspray... Did any of the tasks get copied over from the flyspray move? Or do I need to repost it?
Surly

Postby Surly » Sat May 07, 2005 2:06 pm

Bump and reflysprayed.

*nods*
Nick

Postby Nick » Sat May 07, 2005 6:04 pm

This really is an important addition, TSC...
Surly

Postby Surly » Sat May 07, 2005 7:12 pm

*ignores the sarcasm*

Yes it is. And I intend to get it noticed eventually... because it really is no where near as hard as most of the recent programming changes.

I will get this implemented! Eventually... :?

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”