looking glass

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Dee

Postby Dee » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:17 am

wichita wrote:There is a button marked search at the top of the page near the login and right above the PM link. I must admit though, I don't have as much with it as I would like. I wish there could be a few more <b>obtions</b> to help weed out false positives.

That one made me laugh !!! LOL!
Nick

Postby Nick » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:03 pm

If you find that funny, don't read any of pie's posts.
Your spleen will literally burst.
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:33 pm

Spectrus_Wolfus wrote:maybe if you have a telescope or binocular's you get a larger location image *shrugs*
Please?

I'm not sure if it would be possible to program, but this how I would invisage it:
'Telescope' Under the machines section
Iron
Window Glass
Req. Grinder

Can be built outside, on a vehicle, or on a boat only (not portable)

When you click on the 'use' button, it just brings up a new screen with a location map in the centre that is, say, 150%-200% the size of the usual image
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
WojD

Postby WojD » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:40 pm

Nice idea - but I think only for boats. Or maybe for lighthouses too.
==============
Hellzon

Postby Hellzon » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:44 pm

wojd wrote:Nice idea - but I think only for boats. Or maybe for lighthouses too.

In that case, maybe watchtowers too? (A "lighthouse" inland would seem weird, and the watchtower wouldn't be seen from far away, only improve sight range when you're in it. Or maybe it would be seen, it's a huge freaking tower, but whatever. ;))
[21:35] Sunni: no peeing on people in chat!
WojD

Postby WojD » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:00 pm

Lighthouses should be limited to dockable locations (!!!) inland locations can have watchtowers...
==============
Avathar

Postby Avathar » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:26 am

So, is there any reason why this suggustion for the telescope, or about the binoculars or monoculars (the same as binoculars but this are single-tube telescopes) is never moved to accepted suggestions or rejected suggestions?
Schaduwen zijn er om in te wandelen
Sho

Postby Sho » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:39 pm

That happens to a lot of suggestions - there are over a thousand threads in the Suggestions forum, after all. It takes time to get through them, and each has to be discussed among staff.
Avathar

Postby Avathar » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:42 pm

Hmm ok. We just have to wait then, I guess. It was just that I got this idea about binoculars for Cantr. And when I searched the forum I saw the suggestion was allready there. But the last post was posted somewhere in january 2006...
Schaduwen zijn er om in te wandelen
Vindalf

Postby Vindalf » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:03 am

Now, when circular maps has been implemented, I'd like to wake this suggestion again. As a map-maker, I'm annoyed that so little is shown of the world in each pic. So I'd like some kind of device to enhance sight.

A lot of suggestions are mentioned above, so I add my own to them:

binoculars/spyglass - a handheld device that increases the distance you see with, say, 25%. That would be a 45 pixel square for the old map format, or a 52 pixel diameter circle in the new.

telescope - a semi-stationary device that gives a, say, 66% increase in distance. That would be a 60 pixel square for the old map format, or a 70 pixel diameter circle in the new. This device should only be buildable on land or on large enough vehicles, and have to be used explicitly to give the enhanced view.

yours
/Vindalf
Talapus

Postby Talapus » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:12 am

You are in luck. At the same time that the map changes were made, this was also made a possibility.
Mr. Bones

Re: looking glass

Postby Mr. Bones » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:22 am

Implemented long ago.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”