VERY urgent request concerning this new "disease"

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Sparkle

Postby Sparkle » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:57 pm

I agree. I know that is what took most of my time with my last characters. I had 3 town Leaders and my other characters had very demanding jobs. It feels good just to be a regular person coming and going as they please. :)
a day without cantr, is a day spent in bed convulsing and suffering from withdrawl
km17

Postby km17 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:24 am

ya but it sucks to have all your chars that way... worse is traveling alone.
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:43 am

Nakranoth's "evil" character says:
"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

http://www.sylorn.com - Free MMORPG in development.. need help.
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:25 am

km17 wrote:ya but it sucks to have all your chars that way... worse is traveling alone.

Diversity is key ;)
Elros

Postby Elros » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:59 am

Exactly, diversity IS the key. Cantr needs the worker bees just as much as the leaders. There would be no towns without the workers. I have a few leaders, a few loners, and a few hardworking loyal towns people.
Every action has a consequence.
Antono Flavio

Postby Antono Flavio » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:10 am

I don't have any leaders but am happy, whenever I manage it to integrate my characters into one society. ;)
Image Image Image Image Image
Crosshair

Postby Crosshair » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:54 pm

I was thinking this today... I think on the charry description page, you should be able to see whether they are ill or not, cause even if someone has the sneezes, its obvious from looking at them that they are ill...
[url=http://dragcave.net/view/tvkg][img]http://dragcave.net/image/tvkg.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://dragcave.net/view/RgKP][img]http://dragcave.net/image/RgKP.gif[/img][/url]
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:58 pm

I have three leader, one lone trader, and ten workers. Honestly, this is a little too balanced towards the leader side, as a leader should have more than three workers behind him. In other words, what I am saying here is that although yes, there are leaders, the majority of the characters in the game should really be the "do-ers" rather than the "planners"
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:08 pm

My characters will only be leaders if the town actually has potential. Small towns like 'rye, sand, rice', lol aren't town leaders, usually there's a population of 1 active, and 1 random newspawn who will move along, and 1 inactive who'll die. That's not a town leader, that's a guy who just stands stagnant in a town doing almost nothing. :P :P That's why my characters do what I said at the start of the post.
Nakranoth's "evil" character says:

"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

http://www.sylorn.com - Free MMORPG in development.. need help.
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:45 pm

Crosshair wrote:I was thinking this today... I think on the charry description page, you should be able to see whether they are ill or not, cause even if someone has the sneezes, its obvious from looking at them that they are ill...

Yeah, that suggestion is already accepted ;) ...
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:23 am

Seko's suggestion has been implemented by myszaq.
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:48 am

Somebody is going to have to quickly prepare himself for a terrible letdown. ;)
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
Zanthos

Postby Zanthos » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:48 am

Jos Elkink wrote:So I'm a little at a loss why in another thread they say you can survive on just a tiny bit of food. If E == 1/10*D, you should still loose 4.5 percent point each day.

Well I was going on experimental data. I had a charrie in polish zone who i kept alive solely by giving him 1 smoked meat per day every day, for about a year. He stayed at a steady 10% hunger (exept for the days i forgot to feed him) So either I'm totally crazy and this didnt actually happen, or there is potentially something wrong with the code.
Person: Akamada doesnt control the animals.
You see a wild boar attack Person.
Person: I still dont believe you.

<Spill> Oh, I enjoy every sperm to the fullest.
Nosajimiki

Postby Nosajimiki » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:47 am

I think you are totally crazy, or going off of outdated mechanics, because all of my charies get hungryer whenever they run out of food even if they eat a little.
#004400 is my favorite color.
tiddy ogg

Postby tiddy ogg » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:28 am

Yeah, I was allowing mine slightly more than the usual daily amount, to save food while testing that he still had the bug, and he was getting 2% hungrier each day.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”