Notes to end up in descending order

Threads moved from the Suggestions forum after implementation

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Oasis

Notes to end up in descending order

Postby Oasis » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:09 am

I'm not sure how it's configured now, but notes are pretty much ascending by date. Not completely, though, and it seems fairly random where they'll end up when you receive one.

I would like if notes in a charries inventory were in descending order, oldest on the bottom, and notes handed to a char always showing up on top.

This would make it so much easier to find them, in amongst the hundreds of notes some of my charries charry. (see Multiple Note Selection for my solution to that)
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:43 am

This drives me crazy too. I wish we could more manual control over how they get organized...but not incredibly high priority at the moment. It would be nice to have some way to "sticky" notes on the ground, so things like town laws and citizens lists can reman near the top of the objects screen rather than getting mixed in with all the old maps, etc. It gets kind of annoying trying to hunt for them relatively large amounts of advertising.

Perhaps erecting kiosks in the town square could provide an in game mechanism to allow this.
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
Snake_byte

Postby Snake_byte » Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:56 am

Is it really that hard to match the words? You see what note is passed in the events window...

But i think notes on the ground should be either by date or alphabetically... Or are they already sorted by date (newest on top)
My old banner ;)
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:05 am

Reversing the order is pretty simple ... no objections? :)
Surly

Postby Surly » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:17 am

Is there actually an order?

Notes on the ground always seem to end up randomly...
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
Nick

Postby Nick » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:12 am

The Surly Cantrian wrote:Notes on the ground always seem to end up randomly...

I think they're talking about your inventory, which does seem to be organised.
If there is a pattern to the way the notes drop on the ground, I have not figured it out yet in my 3+ years of playing. This would be a cool thing to be told now that the FOIG rule has been revoked.
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:18 am

In your inventory, it's ordered by order of creation, ascending ... on the ground there is no order, I think, and if I remember correctly, there was a programming reason for that :)
Snake_byte

Postby Snake_byte » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:37 pm

Damn
My old banner ;)
Surly

Postby Surly » Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:34 pm

Jos Elkink wrote:In your inventory, it's ordered by order of creation, ascending ... on the ground there is no order, I think, and if I remember correctly, there was a programming reason for that :)
I already knew that it is in order of creation in yyour inventory... That's why I thought this was about notes on the ground... :roll:

Is it really so hard to read up instead of down? You do it on the events page already...
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:19 pm

No, not if the multiple note selection feature were implemented, and I didn't have to wait for so many notes to load before getting to the bottom one. When my connection is slow, I can't get to those notes, so must make excuses to other charries for looking like I'm ignoring it.
Nick

Postby Nick » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:10 pm

Well no matter how abstract the pattern is, Jos... even if you purposefully randomised it, it's not really random, as absolute randomness isn't really possible with computers. That's what confuses me... I really WOULD like to know how to get my note on the top. :D
Surly

Postby Surly » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:12 pm

Luck Nick.

And when you get a note that goes straight to the top? Keep hold of it... :wink:
Anthony Roberts

Postby Anthony Roberts » Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:23 am

I've moved this to IMPLEMENTED, because I think Jos actually changed this awhile ago. I dunno.
-- Anthony Roberts

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”