Third World RPG

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Schme

Third World RPG

Postby Schme » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:32 am

Third World
A Role Playing Game

Third World is a forum role playing game, devised by me especially for the players of Cantr II.

The concept of the game is that you invent a realistic, small, economically insignificant West African nation, a country that is not a big player on the world stage. You invent the nation, its culture, its people, history, and so fourth. These nations will be situated in the same (imaginary) region. The game also plays on the themes of colonialism and tribal rivalry.

The game is to play role play the nation’s interacting with each other, as well as the government of the nations, the important people within it, the happenings of it, and the view from the bottom tier.

The object of the game is not to win, but rather to play a fun game in which we all get to set the course of a nation,( which, in my experience, is a great deal of fun to do in real life.) and to tell a nice story.

The countries would all be situated in a made up West African region, shaped to the player’s imaginations, and drawing on stereotypes from nearly every African nation and happening in existence. This is not to say it will be a parody. Just that the setting is the western coast of Africa.

The game would is on the website
http://s13.invisionfree.com/Third_World/index.php

I got it for free. One day, I found a free website machine and made one called this, calling the board Third World. I don’t know why. It sounded cool, I guess. I wasn’t sure what to do with it, and then I came up with this.

I’m not gonna lie here, this game was made by me because I’m legally not allowed to leave my house for the next little while, and so I’ve much to much time on my hands. To play this game you have to read (or skim through) quite a lot of writing and be able to write reasonably well. You don’t have to ramble on like me. Some people can get their point across conceisly. But you do have to right some. If that’s not for you, I understand. Not many people like to do that, and normally neither do I.

Also, I don’t really think it would be a very fast paced game. Just thought I’d say. But even if you don’t feel like playing, I’d love to hear what you think.
"One death is a tragedy, a million is just statistics."
Joseph Stalin
Leo Luncid

Postby Leo Luncid » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:05 am

I have been reading your roleplaying game the day you posted this thread right here; I just thought, especially since that Schmeisms thread, that someday someone would post before I would. I'm surprised that hasn't happened yet; you seem to have a handful of people you're associated with, included those from yout last roleplay.

Anyways, that's real cool that you can have your own forum website for a game as big as yours. Thumbs up to both that and your roleplaying game. I'm just as interested in development of this game as I was the first time I discovered Cantr II. I could get a good idea of how this would be played. Unfortunately I think I have too much time on my hands to even play Cantr II.

I've always thought of making a forum game like this, though I tend to just think of how to make such a game instead of making up my mind to do it. But I do learn alot from it. I tend to cover all "what if's" and "what to do's" when making a forum game. Like an instruction manual, the description of the game (what to do, etc.) has to be organized and yet easy to follow. One way to achieve that is to take advantage of bracket codes when making a post. That's just a little advice in response to your request for suggestions in your forum, though that's all in my view.

Hope your game goes well. Take care making it neat and it'll do fine.
Notice how weak and petty we are / In the grand fixture we come afar / Hey we can't help it / No denying the prerequisite for love / Your very existence / You're the source of my substenance / Slow down take your time and feel the / Flow
Schme

Postby Schme » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:23 am

Hey, thanks man.

Come to think of it, you're probably right. Now that I look at the whole operation, it's rather messy and haphazardly put together. That's the problem, I suppose. I'll have to fix it up.

Thanks again for the advice.
"One death is a tragedy, a million is just statistics."

Joseph Stalin

Return to “Forum Games”