Singular Space (NOW HIRING! Positions available: Captain)

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Nalaris

Singular Space (NOW HIRING! Positions available: Captain)

Postby Nalaris » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:38 pm

If anyone has read Matt Turnbull's column (which will not be named here to prevent cheating) which basically gives you a quick story for one day with an RPG group, don't play this. These things are way to good to waste on a group of players who already know what I'm running.

Singular Space is a game for 5 or 7 players. Not 6. You'll see why once you start playing. If all goes well, then I'll do the next Matt Turnbull story idea, and the next, and the next, until Armageddon or Matt just runs out of material, or I die. Whichever occurs first.

Unfortunately, for these games to work, you need to have certain preset characters. More on them in an edit, I must go now.
Last edited by Nalaris on Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
AoM

Postby AoM » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:33 am

Who is this Matt Turnbell? What kind of story would this be? I might be interested in playing if you give me more information.
Pie

Postby Pie » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:56 am

OH!!! LET ME PLAY!!!!
Pnumerical Intuitiong Engyn
Paranormal Investigation Exorsism
Porcupine Interspecies Extra_poison
Pick In Enter

... The headquarters of P.I.E.!!!
Leo Luncid

Postby Leo Luncid » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:11 am

Meh, he'll come back, but I'll you know that I've my schedule open to play this unknown game as well.

:lol: ... You can think of this as another way of saying "OHH!!! LET ME PLAY!!!!" Heh.
Last edited by Leo Luncid on Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Notice how weak and petty we are / In the grand fixture we come afar / Hey we can't help it / No denying the prerequisite for love / Your very existence / You're the source of my substenance / Slow down take your time and feel the / Flow
Nalaris

Postby Nalaris » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:28 am

Good. If I take one of the characters we'll only need one more to begin. Choose characters and you should get the feel for it...

First things first, this game can be played as either a science fiction or a sixteen hundreds-ish game. It's about a ship (space or sea) trading between two planets/continents and running into same insane adventures on the way. Everyone in the crew has their individual reasons for wanting to follow the captains orders, but they each want him to do what they want ("Let's loot that temple!" "I think we should charge the temple and blow it to smithereens after all the grief those pilgrims gave us." "No, we should just let them live in peace."). The characters are as follows.

The Captain: He owns the ship, and for various reasons everyone wants to follow his rules. He can be whatever you want. He gets tugged around by the crewmembers a lot, but his word is pretty much law.

The Mechanic/Carpenter: Compassion is this guys middle name. He wears a mechanics uniform, very greasy, or saw dusty, depending on era. He's heavy set, and wants the captain to be merciful, to help these people, to not kill that mosquito(well, maybe not that extreme), etc. etc. He can't get any other work, so he needs the captain to keep him employed. He wouldn't go against the captains wishes for this reason. He's thirty something.

The Pilot/Navigator: The firey, white hot shot pilot every science fiction needs. He wears a patched up uniform from when he was in the Royal Academy. He was expelled for brawling. He's angry, and while he's not stupid enough to take on a hundred armed shock troopers alone, he's definately stupid enough to try and get the crew to do so. He's in his mid twenties.

The Doctor: She's a thin woman who wears a slightly revealing outfit, which looks strange on her almost dwarfish form. She's overtly cautious, she wants to keep the captain and crew out of bad situations, but because she's so fearful, she doesn't want to go against the captains wishes. She's in her late thirties.

The Bodyguard: He wears normal clothes for the time period. He just wants to have a good fight. He doesn't get angry easy, but he loves to take risks. Fighting wars, climbing mountains, engaging in lethal combat, etc. etc. He's much like a marine in that he loves physical challenge and won't go against orders, no matter how much he dislikes them. He's twenty something.

Optional Characters:

The Passenger: He's invested in the captains trade business, and so wants the captain to make as much money as possible, because that money eventually goes to him. He also needed a ride to the trade capital of the outer rim/Europe. He's about forty. He'd never go against the captain's wishes for fear that the captain would make his investment fail.

The Stowaway: The game begins about a week after she's discovered. She's had very little her entire life, and her personality reflects that. She doesn't want to be dumped in a prison for the next twenty years, so she won't disobey the captain, but she'll do her best to see to it that everything alive gets enough to eat.

Pick your characters, name them, and find out what that ship in the asteroid field/sea rocks is doing sending out a distress beacon/flying the flag demanding "HELP!!! HELP ME NOW!!! PLEASE!!!"
Pie

Postby Pie » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:34 am

Ok,Nalaris, Hold up a bit. Lets WAIT FOR ENOUGH PEOPLE TO PLAY before we start playing.

Ok, and also, When we start playing, lets have the game be a stickey. Of course, Our "Dedicatid and loving" PD(AKA ProgD) Will do this for us.

Pick In Enter

Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:40 am

Pie ,

PD is the normal abbreviation for the Players Department, ProgD is the Programming Department , two seperate bodies , neither of which are moderators in this forum (Forum Games) so can't make this topic a "stickey"

I believe you require the CD (Communications Department)
Nalaris

Postby Nalaris » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:45 am

Wow, my game is being nominated for sticky status?

In any case, that bit about the ship sending out a distress signal/flag was just a teaser. It's the beginning of our little adventure. Any who want to play, by all means, pick a character and name him. If we're under par after two or three days, I'll join in.
Last edited by Nalaris on Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pie

Postby Pie » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:48 am

Cool. Well, i say........ WE BE 17TH CENTURY PIRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![stupid] PIRATS I SAY!!!!!!!! LETS GO KILL ALEXILAD!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *takes a dep breath* AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!![/stupid]

Yea, 17th century.

Pick In Enter

Nalaris

Postby Nalaris » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:50 am

Put colons around your smiies, as in :stupid:. And we're not going with pirates...yet...:twisted:

What? How could my smily dare to not work! I don't think the stupid smily exists...in any case, we're traders right now.
Pie

Postby Pie » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:56 am

I know.

Oh, and also, ANY game AND I MEAN ANY AND ALL GAME that is a Role playing game IS A STICKEY!!!!!!!! Well, at least in this forum.

[stupid]I WILL MAKE THE GAME CALLD PINCH THE MONKEY AND IT WILL BE A ROLE PLAYING GAME AND THUS WILL LAST FOREVER!!!!![/stupid :twisted: ]
:stupid:

Oh, and i really, REALLY hope that stupid face works.

[stupid](EDIT IT DOSENT WORK!!!! Oh well. Ld ........... That Ld is an ELVIS FACE!!!

:p[/stupid]

Pick In Enter

Nalaris

Postby Nalaris » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:04 am

Honestly Pie, if you're so excited about it, choose a character.
Pie

Postby Pie » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:09 am

I CANT CHOOS.. I'm Mechanick.

Pick In Enter

Nalaris

Postby Nalaris » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:15 am

Congratulations, try to stay true to the character.
Pie

Postby Pie » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:19 am

jo, is my signature working?

Pick In Enter

Return to “Forum Games”