V vs. W II: The Sequel (Early Retirement)

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Pie

Postby Pie » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:24 am

Well DUH!!!!! YOUR IN THE MILLITARY!!!!!! Unleas your a doctor. THEN YOU ONLY HAVE A SIDE ARM!!!
Pnumerical Intuitiong Engyn
Paranormal Investigation Exorsism
Porcupine Interspecies Extra_poison
Pick In Enter

... The headquarters of P.I.E.!!!
Fleegle

Postby Fleegle » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:27 am

Shoot the woman :twisted: go on, do it! DO IT!
Leo Luncid

Postby Leo Luncid » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:10 am

Hey, sorry for not attending most of the game. You may seen me posted in the Muck Pond, but I really had limited time to go online back then. Hopefully I'll catch up with all these posts, but at least I don't mind reading.
Notice how weak and petty we are / In the grand fixture we come afar / Hey we can't help it / No denying the prerequisite for love / Your very existence / You're the source of my substenance / Slow down take your time and feel the / Flow
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:33 am

Seriously, high-ranking officers won't go 'round toting assault rifles, that's for the grunts.
Not-so-sad panda
Pie

Postby Pie » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:32 am

.......... Well, considering that right now... we are all just divitions inside of a larger spetial ops team, i think that you would at least have a small rifle.

Pick In Enter

Leo Luncid

Postby Leo Luncid » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:54 am

Well, sorry, but I really don't have a clear idea of what weapons we're holding besides the combat knife and ammo. I have no clue what a sidearm is as well. And what do I hold as a Demolitions unit?
Notice how weak and petty we are / In the grand fixture we come afar / Hey we can't help it / No denying the prerequisite for love / Your very existence / You're the source of my substenance / Slow down take your time and feel the / Flow
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:50 am

AoM wrote:(OOC @Penguin: The regular infantry have already been divided up into Alpha and Bravo teams. Members of these teams know each other fairly well. Each soldier is equiped with a sidearm, an assualt rifle, a combat knife, and 1 clip of silver tipped ammo. Only special ops soldiers have additional equipment, such as Pie's rocket launcher.)

By that I take it that all members have an assault rifle, including the higher ranks? You're probably thinking of images from the World War Seeks, where the higher ranks would only carry pistols.
Whilst it is doubtful that modern day generals and so on would ever see actual action, in a situation like we're in, where we're in action, I would imagine every member has an assault rifle.

Luncid: A 'sidearm' usually just means pistol. As for demolitions, I dunno, explosives and the such I would imagine?
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
Leo Luncid

Postby Leo Luncid » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:07 pm

I knew that my choice of words will now earn me the answer I didn't exactly expect. I do know what we are holding; I just don't know how they function, what damage it deals, and so on. But that kind of information isn't needed, would it? I also would like to know exactly what I hold as a Demolitions unit, or do I just hold anything related to explosives?
Pie

Postby Pie » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:55 pm

You hold stuff like, Co2 charges, Plastic explocives, your basic set explosives. You know, things that have timers that you have to set? Oh, and you also probably have grenades and an assult rifel.

As for me.. I HAVE A BAZOOKA, A BIG GUN, AND A GATLING GUN!!!!

Ok, Hey AoM, if i try to add anything more onto my AWESOM Mirage AT23, then just PM me and say that my Mirage AT23 isn't expenciv enough to have 4 modes.. just 3.

Pick In Enter

AoM

Postby AoM » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:22 pm

Pie... Not that it really matters because guns aren't supposed to be the focus of this game, but, you only have one big gun. You've already described it. Let it be.

Leo, this isn't some d20 game, so damage or gun specifics aren't necessary. For all intents and purposes, the guns are just an illusion of safety for a team of humans who are in to something way over their heads.

And Seko, yes, you get a rifle just like the normal grunts do. So does Col. Farmer and the Medical Officer. As for wanting to shoot something... I'll see what I can do for you.
Pie

Postby Pie » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:06 pm

It's a three in one gun.

(EDIT: COMON PEOpLE!!! MAKE UP SOME SORT OF COOL AWESOM EXPENCIV GUN!!!! Well.. at least spetial ops should.. BECOUS WERE SPETIAL!!

Pick In Enter

formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:17 pm

Did I make sense in what I just?
I hope I didn't take too much liberty in shoving the story along a bit...
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
Fleegle

Postby Fleegle » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:55 pm

Pie wrote:(OOC: I thought that was called lycopation.. or somthing. But your name for it is a lot more scientific.)

Yeah... I don't really know the proper terms, but my term sounded fairly scientific so I threw it in. I read Dracula, but I don't remember if they actually gave the process a name. Also, I don't know, but "lycopation" sounds like it might have something to do with werewolves... it's the "lyco" that makes me think that.
Pie

Postby Pie » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:23 am

.... I think there one and the same. Lyco can also men vampo. :)

Well... i'm pretty shure it means vampier and werewolv things.

Pick In Enter

formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:19 am

Lycanthropy
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

In folklore, Lycanthropy is the ability or power of a human being to undergo transformation into a wolf. The term comes from ancient Greek lykánthropos (λυκάνθρωπος): λύκος, lýkos ("wolf") + άνθρωπος, ánthrōpos ("man"). The word lycanthropy is often used generically for any transformation of a human into animal form, though the precise term for that is technically therianthropy.

Folk-etymology also links the word to Lycaon, a king of Arcadia who, according to Ovid's Metamorphoses, was turned into a ravenous wolf in retribution for attempting to serve human flesh (his own son) to a visiting Zeus in an attempt to disprove the god's divinity.

There is also a mental illness called lycanthropy in which a patient believes he or she is, or has transformed into, an animal and behaves accordingly. This is sometimes referred to as clinical lycanthropy to distinguish it from its use in legends.
But... It doesn't say what a suffer of lycanthropy should be named, all other searches just refer to them as 'werewolves'
Can you be 'lycanthropic'?
Oh, and under 'werewolf':
Another name for a werewolf is loup-garou, from the Latin noun lupus meaning 'wolf.'
And, aslo (it's amazing the werwolf/vampire trivia I didn't know):
Werewolves are sometimes held to become vampires after death.
Although that's the first I've heard of that... I've always thought vampires were the re-animated corpses of vampire victims (after whatever ritual that is required to make a vampire has been done - as Buffy once said:
Buffy wrote:"To become a vampire they have to suck your blood and then you have to suck their blood. It's a whole big sucking thing"

Anyways, the 'Lycanthropy virus' relates to the werewolves, not vampires I'm guessing?

A nice word here - haemotophagic - it's what vamps are, reliant on blood as nourishment.
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.

Return to “Forum Games”