The People's Republic of Adanac (A role playing game)

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Fleegle

Postby Fleegle » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:50 pm

"Oh, I'm sorry." said Rob. "I thought I had fare." He turned out his pockets but he had nothing to give the guard. He lowered his head and turned around, leaving the bus. Rob remembered that back in 2006, it was common for people to sneak on the train without paying. They had always been more vigilant about the busses. He knew that there had been a train stop just a few metres away, so he headed there, thinking he might get lucky.
Schme

Postby Schme » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:36 pm

There were not many people on at the train station. A few people stood on the platform just talking, not actually looking as though they intended to take the train.The few people who was actually waiting for the train didn’t seem to be in much of a hurry.

As the train(which were not the same trains, as they were larger and significantly longer than the ones Rob had known (( See somewhere in first pages)).) pulled into the station, Rob saw that each car was occupied by two truncheon wielding security guards, like the one on the bus, who were making sure people had either cash or tickets.

They did not seem to be all to happy that Rob was there without ticket in hand.

People were slow getting on the train, and still did not seem as though they were in a rush to be anywhere. This was not the case with a person who arrived moments before the trains departure. He rushed up frantically, pounded a two dollar coin into the automatic ticket selling machine thing. (you know, those things? Fleegle will know the things. Varrius, you know those machines that you put coins in and they sell you a ticket? You have those?)

The ticket did not seem to be coming out, as the old rusting machine had jammed, and the rushed man looked horrified. This may have been because he had with him a leather women’s purse, which did not look as though it belonged to him. One of the guards from three cars down seemed to notice this (the others just stayed in the cars, uncaring at the sight of an obvious thief.) and exited his car, chasing after the theif, just as another man appeared on the platform and began to do the exact same thing.

The thief let out a cry of fear, and ran at breakneck speed away, jumping off the platform when he reached the end.

A the machine clinking and clicking sound, and out came a train ticket, which sat there unclaimed.

(Oh, yes, there is a platform type thing now. See first pages somewhere I think.)
"One death is a tragedy, a million is just statistics."
Joseph Stalin
Fleegle

Postby Fleegle » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:11 am

Rob, seeing an excellent opportunity for a free ride, snatched up the ticket as if he has put the money in himself, and nonchalantly entered the train. He smiled and nodded at the guards, holding his ticket up so they could clearly see it.
Schme

Postby Schme » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:41 am

The guards were entirely satisfied with the ticket, and the train rolled away, right on schedule as it always did, to wherever it was that it was going. It was a very uneventful trip.

From what Rob could see, it looked as though the train system had been extensively expanded since his fifty year lapse.

Joseph Stalin
Varrius

Postby Varrius » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:43 am

Code: Select all

EDIT: Leaving the Cinema Varrius feels that others like him would have also tried to get to the centre of town. so heading back towards the nearest bus stop this is where he plans to head.
Fleegle

Postby Fleegle » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:04 pm

Not familiar with the new train system, Rob decided to ask one of the guards which stop was closest to the Parliament buildings.
Schme

Postby Schme » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:02 am

(Why the center of town?)

The nearest bus stop was the one that Varrius just gotten off at to get too the mall. After asking around, some people he found some people who’d been loitering who gave him the right bus numbers and routes, and seemed more than happy too, as they looked very board.

The bus driver accepted Varrius’s transfer from the last ride, and he was on his way.

The guard thought a moment, and told him that the train station nearest the Parliament Buildings was Queen Elizabeth. Seeing his confusion, he added. “I know it a bit confusing. It’s not anywhere near Queen Elizabeth street. That’s just what they call the station. Not from around here?”

He then thought for a moment again, and said “Why you going up too the hill, man?”

Joseph Stalin
Fleegle

Postby Fleegle » Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:14 pm

Rob nodded. At the guard's question, he answered, "Well, you see I've always wanted to see them, but never got the chance."
Rob was lying; he had been to them several times, but was cognizant of the fact that his story was unbelievable, and didn't want to get into it with a guard. Rob had resolved to pretend that he was a stranger to Ottawa (or Alex City as it was now called), having been called a drug-addict one too many times. He thought he might get farther if people didn't think he was a worthless loser, and in all actuality, the city had changed so much that he was, in many ways, a stranger. Not removed in place, but in time.
Schme

Postby Schme » Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:26 pm

The guard nodded, saying that they were really great, and anyone who ever got the chance should see them. “Let me guess.” He asked. “You are from Toronto? You’re a slav, aren’t you?” He seemed very confident as he said this, although he really didn’t have much way of knowing. “Things are pretty bad over there, eh? You found work here?”

As the train pulled into Queen Elizabeth station, Rob saw that this station had glass covering to protect the travelers from the weather. It was very clean, much cleaner than the others, and it was lined with potted trees, making it look very pleasant. It was also lined with soldiers, in there black uniforms and berets, with fully automatic weapons strapped over there shoulders.

Above the exit on the side of the platform that Rob had gotten off on, placed in such a place, and made large enough so that it could be seen from wherever you stood, was a portrait photographs of a tall, red haired white man, wearing a light very light blue snakeskin suit. He was smiling.

Joseph Stalin
Fleegle

Postby Fleegle » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:10 am

There sure are a lot of guards around. I wonder why they need so many, thought Rob.
"Excuse me, can you tell me how to get to Parliament Hill?" Rob asked one of the guards.
Schme

Postby Schme » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:20 pm

I'll do it tonight. Very busy. My apologies.

Joseph Stalin
Schme

Postby Schme » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:56 pm

The guard rolled his eyes and pointed outside. “Hell, man, how the hell can you miss it? Just around the corner. Jesus Christ….” He shook his head, and was continued mumbling to himself. He looked as though he’d not slept in days, contrasting with the rest of the guards, who looked sharp and alert.

There seemed to be a lot more apartment blocks around parliament then there used to be, in fact, buildings that were very obviously former homes of business and shops were now inhabited.

The streets were pretty empty, although a few people walked along or stood speaking. Near the corner, a boy in his mid teens lay facedown snoring on the sideway, with an empty liquor bottle a few feet away.

Music could be heard emanating from the hill, and rounding the corner, Rob saw a seen that really didn’t look as though it belonged near the nation’s capital building.

Armed soldiers were scattered everywhere, in groups of two and four. This was perhaps not too much of a stretch. That was not all that unfathomable. After all, this is where the federal government operated from. But what seemed really out of place was the large crowd around the eternal flame, which was busy using it’s fire to set books, newspapers and flags alight. The, of course, did not actually throw the things into the eternal flame, but rather light the objects and them tossed the to the ground. The flags that they were burning were unrecongnizable, and did not look anything like any flags Rob could have remembered.

All this happened to the tune of loud guitar chords, played by a man sitting on a chair near the crowd, with any electrical guitar hooked up to a car battery and amplifier. He wore a white skull mask, making him look very odd, if not scary. Beside him, another man was keeping a backbeat by tapping a hammer on a piece of sheet metal balanced on two cinder blocks. His microphone and speakers looked ancient, but seemed to be working very well.

Near the parliament buildings, a group of men in black tuxedos stood in front of black government cars, surrounded by heavily armed bodyguards, smoking cigars and watching the scene.

(I was bored whn I wrote it. It all I could come up with.)

http://thebox.free.fr/rampage.mp3 Runnaway Rampage by EMPD with LL Cool J

Joseph Stalin
Racetyme

Postby Racetyme » Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:41 am

Brent pulls his face from a rather unsightly pile of garbage, and cautiously begins to look around. Despite his confusion, he finds himself people watching, looking for someone who looks like they know what the hell is going on, not just wondering where they are going to get their next fix.

(sorry it's so lame to start, I need some other characters to interact with before I can get rolling)
Fleegle

Postby Fleegle » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:33 am

Though Rob was not a nostalgic person by nature, he sighed at the sight of the profane acts taking place at the Centennial Flame. The burning of books and flags was something that in Rob's time was considered quite a serious display of dissent. He was surprised that the government officials weren't doing anything about it.

Rob felt as if he had nowhere to go. Where before he had felt fear, frustration, now he only felt despair. He resolved to sit on a block of stone and take in the scene around him. He felt without purpose, without attachment, even more so than in his own time.
Schme

Postby Schme » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:30 am

“Hey guy, c’mere!” cried a skinny and dirty looking young white man to Rob. “Yeah, you!”

He began to walk from the fire towards the old stone bench. His long blond hair and white t-shirt were smudged with ash, and he was smiling a very peculiar smile. He was followed by another, taller latino man about the same age, who was wearing a blue summer jacket with so many, many pockets, surely more than he needed. He was not smiling.

“Why you not come burn some stuff with us, guy? Show the yanks what we think of ‘em. C’mon, brother, show some patriotism.”

The white man handed Rob a hardcover book, that was plain dark brown, sleeveless, and had no picture on the cover. It was entitled “States United: The Fundamentals of National Unity” and was written someone named Rutherford Goldwater. “Go ahead.” He said, gesturing toward the flame.

Joseph Stalin

Return to “Forum Games”