WWG V:WhiteChapel OOC Discussion

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

AoM

Postby AoM » Sat May 14, 2005 10:16 pm

*chuckles* Looks like I survived by the skin of my teeth then. Although, I figured I'd be the next to go based off of what Mikki said. Glad my suspicions were correct. :)
Dragonslayer4ever

Postby Dragonslayer4ever » Sun May 15, 2005 2:38 am

Ah dont give me that I was annoying bs. You killed me cause you were afraid of my ability ti rally peoples vote to what I wanted.

:twisted:
I am the Dragon Slayer. And as long as I have my friends behind me. I will never fall.
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Mon May 16, 2005 1:34 am

sparkle wrote:AoM played his role very well also. I was right when I said he was framing Mikki (not to be confused with the framing of the voice) but I was wrong about why I thought he was doing it. Hats off to you as well.

When you said that, I actually got a shiver, because it was 100% true-- "he's not your friend! He's framing you! He's going to kill you!" At that point and until Alex PM'd me, I was 100% certain that the voice was Alex. I thought this because it wasn't me, and TSL told me that "you would be seen for sure" if I'd tried something like that, leaving the Apprentice and the monsters as the only ones with the speed to get away with that. I could think of no reason the Dr. Jekyll would try to kill his partner in crime-- it helped that I knew two of the other three identities. By Day 3, I had strong suspicions that there was a hidden character, but decided that that was too unfair for TSL to have done to us.

Mortaine being the Slueth wasn't to much of a suprise to me. I thought it was her or Dee after talking to Mortaine in Sparkles's home. They were both very sweet and played their roles well. :)

You were supposed to believe it was Dee. I misled Dee into thinking (I hoped) that I thought she was the sleuth, but I had to reverse that (i.e., have her say that she wasn't) before Day 2 ended because she was suspicious of me. If I had died that night, though, Alex was to make sure you were killed. It's also why I investigated you that night, although in retrospect I should have figured that me and Dee living was proof enough that you weren't a killer.

I felt the worst about the lynching on Day Two (Mr. Floyd), because we knew who one of the killers was and we chose to let one innocent person die instead of let on that we knew. That was basically to save our own skins-- Mikki was a very risky person to take on, since she had such a close tie to Alex already. Mr. Floyd: you died, essentially, so that the sleuth and the apprentice would have one more day to try and stop the killers. If you hadn't, if we'd prematurely revealed ourselves, we probably would have lost.

The irony of Mikki complaining that she'd gone to bed in Alex's house and been found dead in her own was sweet.... "But surely he would have woken up!" Yes, of course he would.... Mwahahahah....

I wasn't 100% certain of Mr. Wichita, to be honest-- I was going with Alex's gut feeling and, since we didn't have a better alternative and abstaining would have been suspicious by then. I had my strongest suspicions about the doctor and about Rainking.

Innocents who died:

Yo_Yo
Seko
The Surly Cantrian
Mr. Floyd
Dragon Slayer

Miss Mortaine felt guiltiest about Mr. Floyd, since his was the most preventable death. She was more surprised that Dragon Slayer wasn't a killer when he died.... In all, however, getting the killers with only five dead in a high body-count game like this one isn't bad at all.
--
mortaine.
AoM

Postby AoM » Mon May 16, 2005 5:29 am

I figured out that there was a fifth role sometime during the second day. What I hadn't counted on was that it was played by someone outside of the game. That's a very dangerous thing to have: a baner/devil/seer who can't be killed. An interesting twist, but a dangerous and unbalanced one I feel, even though it didn't end up having a great effect on this game. (by the time the voice accused Mikki, Mortaine and Alex already knew her identity)

When I initially heard the voice accuse Mikki, I had presumed it was Mortaine, until of course, I PM'd her and we realized that it was neither of us.

This was a refreshing win for the good guys, and to be honest, you know it's a good thing when the seer finds the vigilante on the first night. :wink:
TatteredShoeLace

Postby TatteredShoeLace » Mon May 16, 2005 6:15 am

Yes, the seer found the vigilante, and then an innocent, and then a monster...very good picks.
1223-4: You kill a elephant using a longbow.

Nick wrote:If you don't check your characters once a day, you're not going anywhere in Cantr. :P
AoM

Postby AoM » Mon May 16, 2005 6:25 am

found the monster before the innocent, but yeah, can't ask for much better than that.
Dee

Postby Dee » Mon May 16, 2005 8:07 am

mortaine wrote:
Mortaine being the Slueth wasn't to much of a suprise to me. I thought it was her or Dee after talking to Mortaine in Sparkles's home. They were both very sweet and played their roles well. :)

You were supposed to believe it was Dee. I misled Dee into thinking (I hoped) that I thought she was the sleuth, but I had to reverse that (i.e., have her say that she wasn't) before Day 2 ended because she was suspicious of me. If I had died that night, though, Alex was to make sure you were killed. It's also why I investigated you that night, although in retrospect I should have figured that me and Dee living was proof enough that you weren't a killer.

Yup... I actually thought that you thought I was the Sleuth... You played this very well, mortaine :wink:
swymir

Postby swymir » Mon May 16, 2005 11:22 am

I am never scanned by the seer. I am always just left up to chance.
"My mind works like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone."
Surly

Postby Surly » Mon May 16, 2005 1:05 pm

Not that it made much difference... but after the first day, my suspicions were as follows:
Seko was innocent, as was Dragon. That whole thing... anyway, they were quite blatantly innocent. I was inoocent (obviously) and I believed Spider, Swymir and InsaneIrony to be innocent as well. InsaneIrony was too quiet to be a bad guy, Spider - well I believed the voice. Which meant that Swymir was innocent by default, as the bad guys would have voted together. Nixit was going after Spider by himself, so I thought he was innocent. Sparkle was quite obviously innocent, no sensible bad guy would go after someone so openly, and I suspected Mortaine was therefore innocent, based on the voting bloc idea.

Which meant, I thought it was 2 from 6... Mikki, AoM, Wichita, Mr. Floyd, Dee or RainKing. Rainking should have been lynched (a lucky screwup escape for him) which would have left 5. I didn't think it was Floyd or Dee (in fact I knew it wasn't Dee. For ooc reasons though, so I kept that quiet)... In fact I was almost convinced it was RainKing and AoM.

But I was killed, brutally, and never had the chance to refine my suspicions... *sighs* And I was so close to the truth...
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Mon May 16, 2005 1:36 pm

I figured Dee was innocent based on her accusation of Mikki-- she was very, very convincing that she wasn't in on it with Mikki.

Swymir-- I cannot tell you how close I was to investigating you after Day 2. If not for the fact that I was at greater risk from Sparkle than from you at that point, I would have-- I think I even told Alex that I was going to, because I was so sure I ought to. But then Sparkle was in on the Dragon Slayer voting block, and I had to figure she was a slightly stronger candidate for being the monster than you were.
--

mortaine.
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Mon May 16, 2005 1:37 pm

Avatar of Meisora wrote:I figured out that there was a fifth role sometime during the second day. What I hadn't counted on was that it was played by someone outside of the game. That's a very dangerous thing to have: a baner/devil/seer who can't be killed. An interesting twist, but a dangerous and unbalanced one I feel, even though it didn't end up having a great effect on this game. (by the time the voice accused Mikki, Mortaine and Alex already knew her identity)

Yeah. When I run my game, every player will be known to the others. The way I'm setting it up, it would be impossible for them not to.
--

mortaine.

Return to “Forum Games”