Hallucinating Farmer LYNCHED
Mikki EATEN
Swymir LYNCHED (BANER)
Neelix KILLED in the end
Nixit MISSING
Nick KILLED
Lumin INFECTED in the end
Okud DEAD by accident waiting to be lynched

The roles included are two wolves, a seer and a baner. (No fool.)

There came a day that a nice little village was asked to take part in a medical research. Either because they were always ready to help or just plain bored of their little lives, the villagers agreed with no hesitation. The group of testees were taken into the town hall and explained that it was going to be a blind test, with most of the people receiving only placebo. Since half the people were staring at the pretty nurse ready to deal out the shots, the useful instructions flew mostly through one ear and out of another. All the participants were finally injected with mysterious pink liquid, then told to keep track of all strange symptoms appearing.

Later in the evening, a hasty gathering was calle. A phonecall was put through the speakers and all recognized the nervous voice of the doctor in charge of the experiment. "Is everyone there? I got terrible news! A horrible mistake has happened - the substance given to two of you was contaminated with wolf DNA. Those people have lost their humanity, when the moon rises, they'll suffer a metamorphosis turning them into mindless beasts. They must be executed. - No buts, there is no cure! The ones to receive the taint were -" And suddenly there was silence, distrupted only by a distant crash of thunder.
"The number you've dialed is temporarily out of reach", said the automated message when they tried to call back. Again and again the same message, until the listeners were bound to realize there was no way of getting in touch with the doc. Something had happened, and they were on their own now.

They waited, trying to figure out a peaceful solution. People started nodding off. Finally someone stood up, claiming they refused to give in to mindless violence on such shady basis. People agreed that it was best to let things rest over the night, maybe it was a part of the test, maybe some insane prank... but they just couldn't keep their eyes open any longer. Upon nightfall, everyone had retired to the shelter of their homes. One would dig up an old amulet of dried wolfsbane from the attic. One was feeling strangely aware yet dizzy. And two felt an irresistible hunger for human flesh.
Last edited by SekoETC on Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:46 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Not-so-sad panda
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:12 pm

A new day was dawning, merry birds were singing like there was no worries on earth. People were ready to laugh at their fears, everything seemed to be alright. But one was missing from the group. It was Mikki. First they thought she was just sleeping longer than usual but then someone noticed the door to her house was slightly open. Alarm bells ringing in the back of their minds they entered, stopping on the treshold of the bedroom, blanched by a gory sight. In the middle of blood-splattered sheets lay the corpse of Mikki, most of her entrails missing. By the look on her face, she must have been still alive when they tore her open.
Not-so-sad panda
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:10 pm

*winces from the sight* Oh my... this is horrible... who could have done this *glances around the room*
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
Lumin

Postby Lumin » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:01 pm

*wanders up to the small crowd of people gathered in the house*

"Hey guys! What's going on?" *stops in her tracks, face paling at the grisly sight* "Oh God...that's just disgusting..."

*steps quickly out of the room and leans against the wall, taking deep breaths*

*after a few minutes she composes herself, and goes back to the doorway to speak to the others, careful not to look at Mikki's remains* "Y'know, I was really hoping those doctors were just mistaken about the whole 'werewolf' thing, but apparently not..." *sighs* "So what now?"

*thinks a moment* "And just for the record, if I survive this whole thing, somebody is getting their ass sued off for malpractice..."
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:16 pm

*grim faced, Mortaine turns to the crowd.*

Well. That's.... *she trails off, unable to finish the sentence, her pale face taking on an almost green hue*
--
mortaine.
AoM

Postby AoM » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:37 pm

*walks in with his newspaper under his arm and coffee in his hand, then stops as he sees the small crowd gathered around Mikki's house. The look on their faces says it all*
Revanael

Postby Revanael » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:55 pm

*looks out his front door, sees the crowd, and guesses immediately what's happening...*

Mikki... She was one of the other survivors from my last village... Everyone else there was ripped apart by werewolves... *frowns angrily* We'll not let that happen here! I've caught those wolves before, and I can do it again!

*looks suspiciously round at everyone.*
Neelix

Postby Neelix » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:11 pm

Oh no!
*almost pukes his guts out at the sight of that bedroom*

I really don't want to see this happen all over again :(
"We apologize for the inconvenience" (See "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy")
Lumin

Postby Lumin » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:00 pm

"Rev, what are you talking about? You're saying the last village you were in also had a werewolf problem?"
swymir

Postby swymir » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:31 pm

*looks suspiciously at Rev* Well if the last village had a wearwolf problem, and if it as you say and Mikki was the only other survivor than someone would have had to bring the curse here and that only leavees you Rev. How do we know we can trust you?
"My mind works like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone."
Lumin

Postby Lumin » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:47 pm

"C'mon Swymir, relax. We know this whole thing is a result of those stupid doctors screwing up the experiment, not some silly curse... *blinks in surprise, as though hit by an unexpected thought* Though I guess the werewolf DNA had to come from somewhere."

"Still, I wasn't necessarily accusing Rev, I just find it strange that he never mentioned another village before, though I admit Mikki being one of the survivors is an odd coincidence."

*looks at the people around her and frowns unhappily* "But here poor Mikki's been murdered and we're just milling around her house doing nothing. We need to figure out who's responsible before nightfall hits and it happens again."

*scratches her head* Though I admit I have no idea what the proper protocol for a werewolf investigation is... I suppose we could start by calling a town meeting or something and get everybody to account for their whereabouts last night, though somehow I doubt that'll help much."

*looks around* "Where're all the others, anyway? This isn't exactly the best day for sleeping in..."
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:56 pm

*steps further into the room, unsteady on her feet.*

Lumin's right. Unless anyone needs to investigate the body further.... I'm going to bury her. It's the least we can do.

*moves in and begins bundling Mikki's mangled body into the bedsheets, taking a silent moment to close the corpse's eyelids.*
--

mortaine.
TatteredShoeLace

Postby TatteredShoeLace » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:28 pm

*Hearing the commotion he comes outside and notices mortaine cleaning up*

Oh no! *he scans the crowd looking at everyone's expressions* Who could have done something like this?
1223-4: You kill a elephant using a longbow.

Nick wrote:If you don't check your characters once a day, you're not going anywhere in Cantr. :P
Okud

Postby Okud » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:14 pm

Gaaa! the werewolves are going to eat us all! :shock: I must run home to nail my windows shut.
*starts running, almost falls on the doorstep, then disappears out the door*
AoM

Postby AoM » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:16 pm

*watches the young man run off, then walks over to help Mortaine with the burial of Mikki's body.*

Return to “Forum Games”